Options

Why is my date of birth suddenly on display in facebook ?

bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
Forum Member
✭✭✭
When I'd asked for it to be hidden ? It's been hidden up to now, but today I've noticed it's there !!

I can't delete it, and I can't seem to re-hide from my profile page.

WTF ? :o

Anybody know what I have to do ?

Comments

• Options
    floozie_21floozie_21 Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it visible to everyone or just you? If you go into edit it, it should give you the options of who it is visible to.
  • Options
    the ocelotthe ocelot Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    I noticed it the other day (my date of birth was set as visible but I saw my year of birth too), it should be visible only to you so don't worry.

Do a "View As" to make sure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, cheers guys - just checked "view as" and "view as specific person".

Only I can see it.

Thanks for your help :)
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    haha I got upset and paranoid about that too!
  • Options
    GPWGPW Posts: 3,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    When I'd asked for it to be hidden ? It's been hidden up to now, but today I've noticed it's there !!

I can't delete it, and I can't seem to re-hide from my profile page.

WTF ? :o

Anybody know what I have to do ?

Whats your facebook page? So we can all see how old you are! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GPW wrote: »
    Whats your facebook page? So we can all see how old you are! :D

16th June 1973 - I don't mind people on here knowing. But people tend to make pisstaking remarks on facebook, I've noticed. The difference being they know you in real life.
  • Options
    GPWGPW Posts: 3,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    16th June 1973 - I don't mind people on here knowing. But people tend to make pisstaking remarks on facebook, I've noticed. The difference being they know you in real life.

I just reached 60, and customers keep saying "the older man" when asking for me on the phone at work :(:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just reached 60, and customers keep saying "the older man" when asking for me on the phone at work :(:cry:

That's a tad disconcerting GPW.

Although it's slightly better than a customer who referred to one of my colleagues as "the arrogant little tosser" he spoke to a few days ago. Especially as he was quite right :kitty:
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,641
    Forum Member

I have no objection to older, OLD yes! :o
    I noticed that when I used my FB to respond in a particular discussion forum, my age came up :blush: I went into my profile to change my birth date to zero, that sorted it. I didn't realise that I was the only one who could actually see it, I mean really, what is the point - I know how old I am. :p
  • Options
    scorpio20080scorpio20080 Posts: 2,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They seem to have messed things up lately- even my Year of Birth is on, but hidden from everyone's view, but recently during my birthday everyone started wishing me along with my age..:confused::o

I can still see no one can see it though if I do "View As"..

Zuckerburg seems to be really messing things up when it comes to privacy settings..>:(
  • Options
    Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    Just as well every piece of information I have on Facebook is wrong, then!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They seem to have messed things up lately- even my Year of Birth is on, but hidden from everyone's view, but recently during my birthday everyone started wishing me along with my age..:confused::o

I can still see no one can see it though if I do "View As"..

Zuckerburg seems to be really messing things up when it comes to privacy settings..>:(

That's worrying :o
  • Options
    newyorkcitygirlnewyorkcitygirl Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, cheers guys - just checked "view as" and "view as specific person".

Only I can see it.

Thanks for your help :)

How do you do this?
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    How do you do this?

Go onto your own profile, There should be a button at the top with three dots (...) Click it and select view as
  • Options
    newyorkcitygirlnewyorkcitygirl Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    Go onto your own profile, There should be a button at the top with three dots (...) Click it and select view as

Ah thanks, my birthday has become hidden from all but myself, wondered why no one is wishing me a happy birthday.