Options

The contestants families and friends

BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Why do we see them screaming and yelling encouragement when the contestant is singing, and yelling for a judge to turn round
Presumably they cannot be heard in the studio so it is just for TV effect, it must be taken for granted that families want someone to win and a judge to turn round

Comments

• Options
    hiragoagainhiragoagain Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    I agree, this is the part of the show I really wish I could fast forward

I've travelled to lots of dance auditions with my son, recently to Moscow, and have never seen parents behave like this! Can you imagine if everyone started screaming and then crying when their child is passed over which happens more often than not! It's a brutal industry unfortunately. It ruins the show for me as I just think get a grip!

The recent example of Kym Marsh and her daughter was the worst for me. If you cry and get hysterical at every audition you attend then you will soon get a very bad reputation. I've seen young girls who have trained in dance for years conduct themselves with more self respect, self discipline and dignity than some of these adults too.

My favourite was the young ginger Scottish boy a couple of weeks ago. He handled himself with a lot of grace!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    I was Backstage for a friend's audition and they make you scream and clap at a blank screen so they can get "encouragement shots" as during the actual audition you'll find everyone is backstage, hearts racing, staring open mouthed.....
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ Oh, you've gone and ruined the illusion now! :p
  • Options
    David1964David1964 Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was Backstage for a friend's audition and they make you scream and clap at a blank screen so they can get "encouragement shots" as during the actual audition you'll find everyone is backstage, hearts racing, staring open mouthed.....

If they are screaming and clapping at a blank screen, how can they say "oh come on Tom press you're button" as he hovers his hands over the button? (For example) :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I was also a family member at a blind audition and we didn't have to shout and bawl at a blank screen - that would have been cringeworthy in the extreme.

The only thing that annoyed me was Marvin shouting over the audition!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We did have too. We had Emma Willis. The camera guys stood behind us too the right and we were egged on to shout "push the button" etc, and during the audition when rita was leaning over we were egged on to shout COME ON RITA.
    Why would I make this up haha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Overall it was a very surreal experience and you do have your heart in your throat whilst watching a loved one walk down that stage in silence. Surreal, but a much nicer experience overall compared with the x factor :)
  • Options
    Alex_McNameeAlex_McNamee Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Overall it was a very surreal experience and you do have your heart in your throat whilst watching a loved one walk down that stage in silence. Surreal, but a much nicer experience overall compared with the x factor :)

Out of interest, whose audition? :)
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The target audience is thought to like shouty families?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Out of interest, whose audition? :)

I can't say as they haven't been aired yet. Will definitely tell you once they they have :)