Options

Christmas Present Idea Thread.

Comments

• Options
    mummypiggetmummypigget Posts: 12,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont think they would go for the hot air balloon thing, but maybe wine tesing. Not sure though, my dad is more a bacardi or lager bloke?

http://www.virginexperiencedays.co.uk/experiences/Shepherd_Neame_Beer_Food_Evening_for_Two_916/

http://www.virginexperiencedays.co.uk/experiences/Shepherd_Neame_Daytime_Brewery_Tour_Beer_Selection_for_Two_915/

Perhaps something that might appeal to both? I love Sheperd Neame beer:D
  • Options
    KittiaraKittiara Posts: 2,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My sister's coming over for Christmas, and we've decided to place a Lush order together. Most of the people who are coming over love Lush goodies, so that works :).

Apart from that, we'll mainly be doing food. With 12 - 15 people coming over who'll need feeding for 2 - 3 days, that's where our money and effort will go.
  • Options
    twassingtontwassington Posts: 163,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you get the remote control, tarantula off Hawkins bazarre? I saw one on there lol

I didn't but I too love Hawkins bazaar, its full of fabulous things all of which I want myself for Chrimbo despite being a nanna twice over:o
  • Options
    Constant PMTConstant PMT Posts: 3,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's a bit out my price range really. I did buy them a Beefeater voucher for 40 quid a couple of years ago lol but dont want to do the same again obviously.
    The lush idea is good, but only for step mum really :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is Hawkins bazaar?
  • Options
    missy83missy83 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have to buy for many but so far I have got a box of chocolates for my gran from M&S...£5 down from £10.

I think I'm gonna get my mum a magazine subscription and some Yankee candles.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't but I too love Hawkins bazaar, its full of fabulous things all of which I want myself for Chrimbo despite being a nanna twice over:o

Remember those clackers, the things football supporters used to use at matches? spin them around & they make the clacking noise, I bought one for my daughter off there last year, I think it was a couple of quid, it was her fave present! She loved it :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a bit out my price range really. I did buy them a Beefeater voucher for 40 quid a couple of years ago lol but dont want to do the same again obviously.

Hmm, they are bit pricey.

If you go Lush for step mum what about this http://www.virginexperiencedays.co.uk/experiences/Grow_Your_Own_Beer_Hops_904/ for your dad?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is Hawkins bazaar?

Google it, brilliant site, especially for the little cheap presents, lots of novelty stuff. Jokey things. I imagine they would be good for secret santas at work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remember those clackers, the things football supporters used to use at matches? spin them around & they make the clacking noise, I bought one for my daughter off there last year, I think it was a couple of quid, it was her fave present! She loved it :D

Ooo I used to have an orange and yellow one!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, they are bit pricey.

If you go Lush for step mum what about this http://www.virginexperiencedays.co.uk/experiences/Grow_Your_Own_Beer_Hops_904/ for your dad?

Actually I like that! lol I wonder if that site is safe to buy from?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm lucky when it comes to Lush. Everyone I know loves their items (including the guys!), apart from my boyfriend's mother, who's got extremely sensitive skin.

Which does mean I have to find something for her, but she's one of those very easy to please people, so it shouldn't be a problem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Google it, brilliant site, especially for the little cheap presents, lots of novelty stuff. Jokey things. I imagine they would be good for secret santas at work.

Ahh cool :) I will do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They were banned at my school for being 'dangerous':eek: but I had a blue and white one! I have always wanted a big orange spacehopper and they have them in there every year:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheDonk wrote: »
    That's ok, I feel really really sorry for all those who have so little going on in their lives that they have to start rattling on about christmas when we are only half way through november.:)

I do my Christmas shopping throughout the year. Whenever I see something I know someone I love would like to have I buy it and put it away for a Christmas present.

Christmas is not just a date on the calendar, Donk.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooo I used to have an orange and yellow one!! :D

haha I cant remember what colour hers was, but she lost it a few months after xmas & was gutted! (she's only 13 lol) but I didn't see any on there this year so haven't bought another.
    The other thing she loved was a simple 99p thing which was just wound up spiral patterned paper on a stick that you flick away from you & it spins out & then back in again. Hard to explain, but she still has that lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were banned at my school for being 'dangerous':eek: but I had a blue and white one! I have always wanted a big orange spacehopper and they have them in there every year:)

Clackers!! I had a swollen right wrist for months
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually I like that! lol I wonder if that site is safe to buy from?

I think so, I saw on other sites too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kittiara wrote: »
    I'm lucky when it comes to Lush. Everyone I know loves their items (including the guys!), apart from my boyfriend's mother, who's got extremely sensitive skin.

Which does mean I have to find something for her, but she's one of those very easy to please people, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I think i'll go for the Lush with step mum & the make your own beer for dad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Argos do the adult size space hoppers, Sainsburys do them too this year, I think they're £18 in there. We got one in Argos a couple of years ago, it floats round the garden in the wind, house isn't big enough to have it indoors haha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    add-ons wrote: »
    Clackers!! I had a swollen right wrist for months

Did you also make those little tube things out of plastic thread?? That was a massive craze back then. I have got all manner of presents for my partner, but as he is a DS poster too I shall not mention them here, cos they is SECRETS!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argos do the adult size space hoppers, Sainsburys do them too this year, I think they're £18 in there. We got one in Argos a couple of years ago, it floats round the garden in the wind, house isn't big enough to have it indoors haha

My house AND garden is too wee unfortunately!:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love the Hawkin's site, thank you :).

I shall now have to drop hints about the Fairy Jar. And the spider catcher.

Also, for those with geeky friends who have a sense of humor:

http://www.giantmicrobes.com/uk/

(Also available on other sites).

My boyfriend gave me Syphilis last year :D.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kittiara wrote: »
    Love the Hawkin's site, thank you :).

I shall now have to drop hints about the Fairy Jar. And the spider catcher.

Also, for those with geeky friends who have a sense of humor:

http://www.giantmicrobes.com/uk/

(Also available on other sites).

My boyfriend gave me Syphilis last year :D.

They usually do in the end! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They usually do in the end! :D

I told him I just want Sperm this year. Who knows, I might get lucky :D.

Sorry, I shall stop lowering the tone of the thread! :o

(Really though, I think those microbes are cute.)