Anyone gonna watch?

Comments

• Options
    ShadowlandsShadowlands Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see comedy central is showing the new series tonight with Ashton Kutcher,

Anyone gonna watch?

They're only showing the first episode tonight as a teaser, the rest of the series continues in October.
  • Options
    PeacockAntonyPeacockAntony Posts: 626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having already seen it, it is certainly different without Charlie, and hopefully Ashton's character will not be too like Charlie's. A new character should be that, new, otherwise it would be just as bad as keeping the same character and just replacing the actor who plays him/her, and after 8 seasons, it just wouldn't work.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it worked so far but lets see how it does in the long run, i just think theyre trying to squeeze and extra series or 2 out of it.
  • Options
    gagdegagde Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this.Only started watching a couple of months ago after the tivo suggested it great show.
  • Options
    GlomperGlomper Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two and a Half Men Season 9 preview coming 20th September

Comedy Central tonight 9pm, with lots of repeats.

First episode only, rest due in October

http://www.comedycentral.co.uk/news/two-and-a-half-men-season-9-preview-coming-20th-september/
  • Options
    PriliclaPrilicla Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Charlie no whatchi !
  • Options
    jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    Watched It and i thought it was awful. It just felt throughout the episode chuck lorre was full of bitterness.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.innovationtools.com/images/jumping-the-shark.jpg

This sums up my thoughts on Two and a half men.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Prilicla wrote: »
    No Charlie no whatchi !

27.8m (10.3 demo) Americans disagree..!

I haven't ever really got into the show but the odd episodes I have watched made me laugh.. Most of the laughs came from people other than Charlie though so I dont really mind him not being there..!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member

It was always going to get massive ratings for the premiere what with Charlie Sheen's offscreen antics being headline news. People wanted to see how the show fares without him in the lead role, and also to see how the hilariously bitter Chuck Lorre killed his character off. I'm expecting a massive drop off with next weeks ratings, given that the negative opinions of last nights episode appear to outweigh the positive reactions i wouldn't be surprised at all if it finds itself in the "Cancellation Danger Zone" by the end of the season.
  • Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member

I haven't ever really got into the show but the odd episodes I have watched made me laugh.. Most of the laughs came from people other than Charlie though so I dont really mind him not being there..!

It was rubbish and you cant take them viewers into account as it was always going to be a ratings hit as everybody wanted to see what happened to Charlie.

Next week will be the real judge and it has got very mixed reviews so far.

I doubt i will watch it as i did not find him funny.
  • Options
    fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member

This is Two and a Half Men's highest ever rating.
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    not a big fan of ashton kutcher but thought tonights episode was ok
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    jjesso123 wrote: »
    Watched It and i thought it was awful. It just felt throughout the episode chuck lorre was full of bitterness.

Completely agree, I thought at the funeral quite a lot of the girls might have said things like that but I don't think they portrayed Mia or Chealsea right, I think both of them would have been sad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JPartridge wrote: »
    Completely agree, I thought at the funeral quite a lot of the girls might have said things like that but I don't think they portrayed Mia or Chealsea right, I think both of them would have been sad.

I agree too! They sacrificed a decent write out for Lorre's bitterness.

That said he's not the greatest writer, anyone who's seen Mike & Molly will feel me here :p.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I missed the part on how he died. What was the reason for his death?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hit by a train -_-, possibly pushed by Rose.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    i enjoyed it!! cant wait to see how theyll intergrate ashton kutchers character!
  • Options
    stephen2203stephen2203 Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved the Dharma & Greg cameo :)
  • Options
    fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    asyousay wrote: »
    I missed the part on how he died. What was the reason for his death?

Rose murdered him. She pushed him into a train.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    Rose murdered him. She pushed him into a train.

Did not see that one coming :)
  • Options
    TiffanyThorneTiffanyThorne Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd give the new Two and a half men two and half out of ten. The writing was lazy and unimaginative. Even if one assumes the producers wanted to skip over Charlie's funeral as fast as possible, it had much more comic potential.

The new character Walden (Aston's) is a clone of Jake: young and stupid. Why didn't the writers come up with a personality that would create more tension between Walden, Alan, Jake, and others in the cast? They could have made Walden discover recently that Charlie was his father to keep the family theme. They could have made Walden a green eco-warrior, a right wing religious yuppie, a "new man", or anything that would have led to more possibilities for jokes other than Alan getting pissed off because his housemate gets the girls and he doesn't. Yawn!

I don't think I'm going to watch the show again.:mad:
  • Options
    petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JPartridge wrote: »
    Don't forget, the lady who played Chelsea was also three of his other girlfriends before that (though not at the same time :)).

I approached the new episode with some trepidation, but thought they pulled it off quite well.
  • Options
    jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    This is Two and a Half Men's highest ever rating.

I have to say its impressive. The challenge is maintaining the impressive ratings. Season 8 average out at 15 million if it does average out like that then I can see having good future.

I will give the second episode one more chance to see if they can build the same kind of connection between the rest of the cast. I just can't see how they can build the same bond with Walden and Jake. This is why a family connection was needed. this bond made some very funny moments. But we will see. It does however feel more like spin off rather than two and half men and would made better show having Jake becoming the lead.
  • Options
    TiffanyThorneTiffanyThorne Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it would have been far more interesting if they introduced a new character.... a kid. Who's just found out his real father was Charlie. After all, Jake is practically an adult now he's in his late teens. It would have been very funny to see him trying to help raise his cousin.