Options

ITV Harry Potter ...again

Comments

• Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I think they are the perfect Saturday afternoon viewing.

I never tire of them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 277
    Forum Member
    Tassium wrote: »
    I get confused in my recollection of ITVs films, is this one of theirs?

Harry Potter and the Phantom Octopussy

Crack special agent Harry Potter is sent by "M" to investigate the return of a Flux Capacitor from the Russian Death Eaters. Along the way he meets Tanya Dumbledore who holds his wand for a few minutes...

Meanwhile!...Crazy Inventor Lord Voldemort steals some plutonium and with his young friend, Ron Weasley, takes his DeLorean back to the year 1955 where he stops Harry's parents getting married, by killing them. But in a funny way...

CIA agent Hermione Leiter has tracked Darth Blofeld to his underground lair on Dagobah. Little does the Dark Lord realise that George McFly has set a trap and planning to give him a right good kicking!

The End

(Harry Potter will return in "From Hogwarts With Love")

Well thanks a lot for spoiling it!!!
    :D:D:D
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the Harry Potter films and did watch Philosophers Stone today but I kind of agree that they show them too much. I do seem to always watch them though, even though I have then on DVD and could watch them any time without the advert breaks.
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    I like the Harry Potter films and did watch Philosophers Stone today but I kind of agree that they show them too much. I do seem to always watch them though, even though I have then on DVD and could watch them any time without the advert breaks.

I'm like you. I have them all on Bluray, 2 of them in 3D but still like to watch them on TV. It's strange.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    treefr0g wrote: »

I never tire of them.

Me too!
  • Options
    DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Posts: 4,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a little known fact that there were in fact only four film series ever made. Harry Potter, Jason Bourne, The Mummy and Pirates of the Caribbean.

At least that's what it looks like on my schedules.
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never tire of them.

That's the spirit :D

I was happy enough when the Star Wars saga was on ;)

And to Potter fans unfortunate enough not to be able to afford Sky, BT or Virgin Media, they will be able to see ALL the Potter films now

IIRC Star Wars fans had to wait 5 years to see Revenge of the Sith premiered, so those who have been waiting to see Deathly Hallows it's finally on it's way in a few weeks :)
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching films with a few million other people is always a better experience than off DVD/Bluray.

It would be nice if there was a greater range of films, but ITV go with the same films that they know will get them an audience.

Until one dark day they'll no longer work in that way, and then ITV will try a different film series.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my opinion Harry Potter never gets old and there is something special about watching movies on TV (even if you have the DVD!). I haven't seen the earlier ones in a while so I very much enjoyed the first one today and am looking forward to watching the rest over the coming weeks!
  • Options
    jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    I don't mind that they are showing them again, I've never seen any of them, so I watched The first one yesterday for the first time, and loved it! Will be watching them all now. Every Saturday is it??
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DeltaBlues wrote: »
    It's a little known fact that there were in fact only four film series ever made. Harry Potter, Jason Bourne, The Mummy and Pirates of the Caribbean.

At least that's what it looks like on my schedules.

You forgot Bridget Jones, that seems to be on every couple of months as well.
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jarryhack wrote: »
    I don't mind that they are showing them again, I've never seen any of them, so I watched The first one yesterday for the first time, and loved it! Will be watching them all now. Every Saturday is it??

If you love the films, please read the books if you haven't already. The films are OK, but the books are just amazingly good. :)
  • Options
    MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jarryhack wrote: »

Films 2 and 3 are definitely on the next two saturdays after that I would check listings because if they are showing films 7 and 8 for the first time I would imagine it would be over Christmas and new year rather than in January. Oh and as Granny McSmith said you should check out the books, they are wonderful.:D
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    They are showing the last two this time though for the first time!.:D

About bloody time. I'm too cheap to buy the dvd. :D
  • Options
    Calamity-joCalamity-jo Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Channel 4 are just the same with the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Not that I mind, I like the films, but there's so many other great films they could show.
  • Options
    Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    That's the spirit :D

I was happy enough when the Star Wars saga was on ;)

And to Potter fans unfortunate enough not to be able to afford Sky, BT or Virgin Media, they will be able to see ALL the Potter films now

IIRC Star Wars fans had to wait 5 years to see Revenge of the Sith premiered, so those who have been waiting to see Deathly Hallows it's finally on it's way in a few weeks :)

This confuses me. Why be so completely reliant on films appearing on TV in the age of On Demand and DVD? I know there's something special about watching certain films on TV, but I wouldn't have thought that would apply to more modern flicks which are accessible any time you want.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    You forgot Bridget Jones, that seems to be on every couple of months as well.

Notting Hill and Love, Actually as well...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This confuses me. Why be so completely reliant on films appearing on TV in the age of On Demand and DVD? I know there's something special about watching certain films on TV, but I wouldn't have thought that would apply to more modern flicks which are accessible any time you want.

Yes but they're free on TV whereas if you want to (legally) watch them any other way you have to pay for the DVD or pay to rent/watch on Netflix etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louise_ wrote: »
    Yes but they're free on TV whereas if you want to (legally) watch them any other way you have to pay for the DVD or pay to rent/watch on Netflix etc.

You can get DVDs for a couple of quid and they are yours forever to watch when you want.

I see your point about Netflix etc though.
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV are over using HP over Christmas which will get people switching off, those who love it have seen it all before, those who do not will not watch anyway?
  • Options
    jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    If you love the films, please read the books if you haven't already. The films are OK, but the books are just amazingly good. :)
    Films 2 and 3 are definitely on the next two saturdays after that I would check listings because if they are showing films 7 and 8 for the first time I would imagine it would be over Christmas and new year rather than in January. Oh and as Granny McSmith said you should check out the books, they are wonderful.:D

Thanks, I am an avid reader so will do that :)
  • Options
    RoryWatchesTVRoryWatchesTV Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    they do show them a lot haha, though this time around I haven't watched them for a bit so enjoying it tbh :)
  • Options
    ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I never tire of them.

^ This.

Even though I have all 8 on DVD its still nice to watch them on tv.

I would never turn down an opportunity to watch HP. :D
  • Options
    JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,103
    Forum Member
    ITV may as well rename itself the Harry Potter channel this Christmas.

Saturday 21st
    4.05 Making of Harry Potter and The Order Of The Phoenix
    6.30 Harry Potter and the Order Of The Phoenix

Sunday 22nd
    5.35 Making of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
    7.30 Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince

Boxing Day
    3.00 Making of Deathly Hallows 1
    7.15 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1

New Years Day
    3.40 Greatest Harry Potter Moments
    8.00 Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows part 2

Other programmes are being fitted around this schedule!!
  • Options
    emailsemails Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodger0703 wrote: »
    How many times can thy possibly show this series of films, seems to be an endless loop between that and star was

good when will they show the last 2 films?