Dancing on Ice - The Final Tour | 28th March - 27th April 2014

Comments

• sixtynotoutsixtynotout Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparantly another win for Hayley tonight :)

Kyran was the best skater but doesn't seem to get the votes. Ray actually slipped, he didn't fall but it was very visible. He got a 9 and two 9.5s. No Suzanne tonight so Matt was just in the professional dancing. Loved the show and sad it's the last we'll see of it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kyran was the best skater but doesn't seem to get the votes. Ray actually slipped, he didn't fall but it was very visible. He got a 9 and two 9.5s. No Suzanne tonight so Matt was just in the professional dancing. Loved the show and sad it's the last we'll see of it.

Ray actually got three 9.5s. Kyran also made a mistake which Nicky commented on and then gave him a 10! If Ray and Kyran had been joint top of the leaderboard as they should have been I suspect Ray would have won. As Ray has now won 21 shows with Hayley winning 2 and Beth just 1 he has already won the tour trophy as he can't be caught with the remaining shows even if he wins no more which is unlikely!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ray won the first show at the NIA in Birmingham tonight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Birmingham afternoon show 19th April

Ray 1st, Beth 2nd, Hayley 3rd.

In my opinion Hayley was the winner. Nicky gave her an 8, but Kieran a 9.5...logic in that is?! Think Nicky is purposely scoring low to keep the crowd going with the boos! Ray got 3 10s
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ABJ wrote: »
    Birmingham afternoon show 19th April

Ray 1st, Beth 2nd, Hayley 3rd.

In my opinion Hayley was the winner. Nicky gave her an 8, but Kieran a 9.5...logic in that is?! Think Nicky is purposely scoring low to keep the crowd going with the boos! Ray got 3 10s

Ray also won the evening show yesterday. I think the problem with Nicky is he marks totally on the skating and not performance. So someone like Kyran who is technically very good but is not an artistic performer scores far higher than Hayley who is a great performer but lacks the skating skills and is rather 'enabled' by Dan in Nickys opinion. If Ray skates his routine with no errors he has both performance and skating skills so should win over both Kyran and Hayley and also Beth. The three times out of twenty four he has not won he has tripped or fallen. I was told last night that Nicky marked Gareth higher than Hayley which I do find odd!
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Went to the show in Birmingham yesterday afternoon. Loved it & sad to think it will be the last time I'll see the tour. Best performers for me in the first half were Ray, Kyran, Beth & Suzanne (i'm of the same opinion as Nicky Re: Hayley). I know some of you like to know the scores so I have made a note of them below:-

Kyran & Nina - 9.5,9.5,9.5 = 28.5 (a couple of clunky exits from lifts meant the score was 9.5 rather than 10)
    Suzanne & Matt - 9,9.5,8.5 = 27
    Beth & Lukasz - 10,10,9 = 29 (First 10 on the tour from Robin for Beth - she really is the best female skater ever on the show, so much speed & flow over the ice compared to the other girls especially on her own)
    Joe & Robin - 8,7.5,6 = 21.5
    Bonnie & Andrei - 8.5,8.5,7.5 = 24.5
    Gareth & Brianne - 8.5,8.5,8 = 25
    Hayley & Dan - 9.5,9.5,8 = 27
    Ray & Maria 10,10,10 = 30 Flawless & Robin said it was the best he'd performed it on tour

The 2nd part of the show was fantastic though. Loved all the pro performances but I think Matt & Nina's was my favourite. I was disappointed when I heard earlier in the tour they weren't doing a routine this year so I'm thrilled this has been added to the programme. Jayne & Chris skated to Face The Music early in the second half and then the finale to Bolero. Jayne & Chris and the pros have received standing ovations in the past but I have never seen such a reaction from any DOI Tour (and I have been to them all bar the 2011 tour). During the routine itself you could barely hear a pin drop but afterwards the ovation & cheers were long & sustained and well deserved. I got to shake Jayne's hand at the end as well.

Not too many of them came out after the show, only Beth, Karen and Alex & Lukasz. Unfortunately there was an officious steward who made us leave by the opposite entrance to where the stage door is so was quite far back when Beth came out (crowd was about 5 deep) so I didn't get to meet her which I was a bit gutted about. I had bought my Olympic programme with her on the front in the hope of her signing it too. A lot of the crowd left after Beth & Karen left so managed to get near the front when Alex & Luk came out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Tiger Rose wrote: »
    Went to the show in Birmingham yesterday afternoon. Loved it & sad to think it will be the last time I'll see the tour. Best performers for me in the first half were Ray, Kyran, Beth & Suzanne (i'm of the same opinion as Nicky Re: Hayley). I know some of you like to know the scores so I have made a note of them below:-

Kyran & Nina - 9.5,9.5,9.5 = 28.5 (a couple of clunky exits from lifts meant the score was 9.5 rather than 10)
    Suzanne & Matt - 9,9.5,8.5 = 27
    Beth & Lukasz - 10,10,9 = 29 (First 10 on the tour from Robin for Beth - she really is the best female skater ever on the show, so much speed & flow over the ice compared to the other girls especially on her own)
    Joe & Robin - 8,7.5,6 = 21.5
    Bonnie & Andrei - 8.5,8.5,7.5 = 24.5
    Gareth & Brianne - 8.5,8.5,8 = 25
    Hayley & Dan - 9.5,9.5,8 = 27
    Ray & Maria 10,10,10 = 30 Flawless & Robin said it was the best he'd performed it on tour

The 2nd part of the show was fantastic though. Loved all the pro performances but I think Matt & Nina's was my favourite. I was disappointed when I heard earlier in the tour they weren't doing a routine this year so I'm thrilled this has been added to the programme. Jayne & Chris skated to Face The Music early in the second half and then the finale to Bolero. Jayne & Chris and the pros have received standing ovations in the past but I have never seen such a reaction from any DOI Tour (and I have been to them all bar the 2011 tour). During the routine itself you could barely hear a pin drop but afterwards the ovation & cheers were long & sustained and well deserved. I got to shake Jayne's hand at the end as well.

Not too many of them came out after the show, only Beth, Karen and Alex & Lukasz. Unfortunately there was an officious steward who made us leave by the opposite entrance to where the stage door is so was quite far back when Beth came out (crowd was about 5 deep) so I didn't get to meet her which I was a bit gutted about. I had bought my Olympic programme with her on the front in the hope of her signing it too. A lot of the crowd left after Beth & Karen left so managed to get near the front when Alex & Luk came out.

Thank you for letting us know what you thought - it sounds really good and I can't wait to go and see it next Sunday! I'm so glad Beth got 10's because I agree that she is the best female skater that has ever been on the show.

It's also great to know that Matt and Nina now have a routine on the tour because I loved their routine to Broken Strings a few years back and I'm really glad I'll get to see another of their routines this year. It's a shame that some people couldn't see it though because it's been added so late on in the tour...

It's a shame that you couldn't meet Beth :( I hope I'll get a chance to meet her in Leeds but I guess it depends how busy it is and if I can find where they'll come out. But at least you got to meet Alex and Lukasz :)
  • doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for letting us know what you thought - it sounds really good and I can't wait to go and see it next Sunday! I'm so glad Beth got 10's because I agree that she is the best female skater that has ever been on the show.

It's also great to know that Matt and Nina now have a routine on the tour because I loved their routine to Broken Strings a few years back and I'm really glad I'll get to see another of their routines this year. It's a shame that some people couldn't see it though because it's been added so late on in the tour...

It's a shame that you couldn't meet Beth :( I hope I'll get a chance to meet her in Leeds but I guess it depends how busy it is and if I can find where they'll come out. But at least you got to meet Alex and Lukasz :)

If you find out where they do come out can you PM me please?
    Forum Member
    If you find out where they do come out can you PM me please?

I'm going on Sunday at 7.30pm and it'll be the final show so I won't know before you. What time are you going anyway?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going on Sunday at 7.30pm and it'll be the final show so I won't know before you. What time are you going anyway?

Exactly the same as you :)
    Forum Member
    Exactly the same as you :)

Ok :)

I went to the arena a few weeks ago and had a look around. Outside the arena there is some space with barriers - I guess everyone queues up there before going in, but maybe that's where people will come out afterwards as well? It's not an area where you can park so it'll be a suitable area for people to stand around. I don't know, it just seems most probable (unless there's somewhere around the back...)
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to the afternoon performance today at Birmingham BIA :)

The scores:

Robin: Karen: Nicky

Kyran and Nina 10.0 10.0 10.0 total 30.0
    Ray and Maria 10.0 10.0 10.0 total 30.0
    Suzanne and Matt 9.5 9.5 9.0 total 28.0
    Beth and Lucasz 9.0 9.0 9.5 total 27.5
    Gareth and Brianne 9.0 9.0 9.0 total 27.0
    Hayley and Dan 9.0 9.5 8.5 total 27.0
    Bonnie and Andrei 8.5 9.0 8.5 total 26.0
    Joe and Robin 7.5 8.0 6.0 total 21.5

No falls or trips ;-)

Final line up 3rd Hayley 2nd Kyran 1st Ray

Even if other people win the rest of the shows, Ray can't be beaten now - he's tour champion :)
  • bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went to the show in Birmingham yesterday afternoon, sorry I don't know any scores, but Ray won. I enjoyed the 2nd half and my favourite routine was Alex and Lukasz. I could have done without Andy the warm up man, I managed to miss him when the show restrted after the interval as I decided it was a good time to visit the loo, wise move as the queue had gone and I was back in my seat just as the skating started again. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ray won yesterday evening in Birmingham. He and Kyran were joint top of the leaderboard with 30. Suzanne was third on the leaderboard. The final finishing order was Ray 1st, Kyran 2nd and Hayley 3rd.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    I really dont understand why theres no dvd this time. Its my fave tour so far and my OCD is annoyed that I will be missing a tour dvd from my collection lol

I have a tour programme from every single tour (even 2011 one signed by Sam and I didnt even go to that tour, a friend got me it) and I have a tshirt from every tour. It really annoys me that there wont be a dvd!
  • fredsnailfredsnail Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ray won both today's shows.

Kieran was second this afternoon and Hayley second tonight.

Beth wads third tonight and I don't know who was third this afternoon.

I've got a photo of this afternoons scores but won't be able to upload it for a couple of days, this evening Ray and Kieran were joint top with 30. Will post more details when I get home tomorrow.
  • humpty dumptyhumpty dumpty Posts: 4,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to see it tomorrow at Wembley....anyone know how long the show lasts?
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going to see it tomorrow at Wembley....anyone know how long the show lasts?

The show lasts about 2 and a half hours so your evening show should finish about 10.
  • fredsnailfredsnail Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It runs about 2 hrs 30 mins including the interval
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, just thinking about travel times for the way back.

I'll report back on the scores and winner (if anyone is still interested at this stage:) )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, just thinking about travel times for the way back.

I'll report back on the scores and winner (if anyone is still interested at this stage:) )

Please report scores and winner if you don't mind
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just been told Ray won last night at Wembley the only skater to score a perfect 30. Ray was the winner with Beth second and Hayley third. Kyran scored three 9.5s but again didn't seem to get the votes. Apparently Ant and Dec, Biggins and Chico were in the audience.
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    I went to Wembley last night. It was a fantastic show - I really, really enjoyed it.

Ray won, Kyran second, Hayley third.

Sorry, I can't remember the scores - I think Ray got 30, Kyran 29.5 and Nicky marked Hayley really low (a 6.5 I think) - but I found the judging part all a bit stilted, tedious and unnecessary really. My OH, who HATES Philip Schofield said he missed him :o I much preferred the second half of the show where they just came out and did routines back to back with no boring padding.

So glad I got tickets though! #itsbeenemotional ❤
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went to Wembley last night too. Great show (got so involved forgot to keep track of the scores...sorry:cry: )

Ray came top of the leaderboard, Kyran second, (he said he felt it was his best skate of the tour) Beth third and Gareth 4th (judges mentioned it was his best skate so far). Ray won, Kyran second, Hayley third.

Bonnie had a fall, but recovered really well. I enjoyed all of the performances..Suzanne was the stand-out girl for me (had the whole package - confident and fast skating as well as performance) but she scored lower than Beth and Hayley, so what do I know?:) Have to say, I loved all of the routines and up close to the ice you appreciate even more what all the celebs have actually managed to achieve. Gareth did a 'skate and sing' as an extra.

Stand out performance for me was Lucas and Alexandra, just brilliant. The speed and height Alexandra gets on her spins - and her landings - AMAZING.

Thoroughly enjoyed both parts of the show, though the second half had the edge :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The professional group performance, with the girls in wings (Brianne, Alexandra and Matt were in it...can't remember who else) to 'wake me up inside' is also worth mentioning. It was a beautiful performance.