Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire announced

brbbrb Posts: 27,405
Forum Member
✭✭✭
.. for 3DS for release in November. No real surprises, it's been rumoured for a while:

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/57771/pokemon-omega-ruby-and-alpha-sapphire-announced-for-3ds/

Comments

• TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear.
    And I thought the wait for Mario Kart 8 was bad enough.....

My Pokémon Y has been neglected for a while. I need to get back into Pokémon before this game comes out. Loved Pokémon Emerald so Alpha Sapphire should be brilliant.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yus! :D
  • AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hoenn confirmed!
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,766
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to these :D
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! Can't Wait!
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome! :D I knew they would do this eventually, and X&Y had so many Hoenn hints, but it's great to know it's actually coming (and this year) Really looking forward to this now, loved R&S and the Hoenn region will look fantastic in 3D with all the different landscapes it had! (desert, volcano, rainforest etc)

Not feeling the names though! :p
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank God about that - for two reasons:

1 - I never played the original games, so this is going to be new to me.
    2 - I can now read Pokememes again without having to grit my teeth over the "Hoenn confirmed" posts.
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! Knew it was coming but so glad it's confirmed now.
  • PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome news I loved playing Pokemon Ruby, so I will definitely be getting Pokemon Omega Ruby when it's released in November :).
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,766
    Forum Member
    I don't think that the timing of this announcement is coincidence, clearly designed to take attention away from the announcement that Nintendo made a massive loss last year which was also announced :p
  • GasMarkGasMark Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    I found the original Ruby and Sapphire versions to be extremely addictive, so I shudder to think how addictive I will find these new ones to be. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember completing parts of this sitting in the garden, trying to see the screen on my GBA against the glare of the sun. Will be nice to have it back-lit.
  • AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still have my Rayquaza (nicknamed Oregon) and it's travelled to nearly all the games I've owned since.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember completing parts of this sitting in the garden, trying to see the screen on my GBA against the glare of the sun. Will be nice to have it back-lit.

I had a Gameboy Advance SP :D
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    .. for 3DS for release in November. No real surprises, it's been rumoured for a while:

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/57771/pokemon-omega-ruby-and-alpha-sapphire-announced-for-3ds/

looking forward to this :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a Gameboy Advance SP :D

Show off:D Yeah, I was miffed they brought that out not too long after I bought one. :cry::D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still baffles me that nintendo don't release a pokemon adventure on wii u.
  • ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bob2005 wrote: »
    Still baffles me that nintendo don't release a pokemon adventure on wii u.

They keep saying Pokemon is a handheld adventure, not a home console adventure and I have to say I agree with them.

Who would buy Pokemon Y when there is a better Pokemon game on the Wii U?

Excited for these games though, Hoenn is my my favorite region :)

Not a fan of the names, they should have named them like Shimmering Sapphire and Radiant Ruby or something.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ryanr554 wrote: »
    They keep saying Pokemon is a handheld adventure, not a home console adventure and I have to say I agree with them.

Who would buy Pokemon Y when there is a better Pokemon game on the Wii U?

Excited for these games though, Hoenn is my my favorite region :)

Not a fan of the names, they should have named them like Shimmering Sapphire and Radiant Ruby or something.

I more or less agree with all your points. I think the main series Pokémon games should stay on the handheld consoles and I'm not a big fan of the "alpha and omega" part of the titles... but the games themselves will almost certainly be brilliant.
    What I will say though in regards to a Wii U Pokémon game is that I think Nintendo should release a Colosseum- style game like Battle Revolution on the Wii U. Seeing 3D Pokémon battles in glorious HD would be fantastic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've allowed time for this announcement to settle in before voicing my opinions anywhere. I have one question. Why is this remake happening? We got FRLG so that you could complete the Pokedex in Gen 3, and HGSS was made for the same reason in Gen 4. However, it's perfectly possible to complete the Pokedex this generation. It seems unnecessary.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CamCam wrote: »
    I've allowed time for this announcement to settle in before voicing my opinions anywhere. I have one question. Why is this remake happening? We got FRLG so that you could complete the Pokedex in Gen 3, and HGSS was made for the same reason in Gen 4. However, it's perfectly possible to complete the Pokedex this generation. It seems unnecessary.

Really? You think the only reason they remade generations I and II was to make unobtainable Pokémon obtainable?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? You think the only reason they remade generations I and II was to make unobtainable Pokémon obtainable?

Did I say they were the ONLY reason? No. But they were, and GameFreak have gone on record with this many, MANY times, (including when they denied remaking R/S/E), by saying that they were the main reason.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty sure Ruby and Sapphire are being remade to add balance to battling and furthermore, to release new mega evolutions (mega swampert and sceptile confirmed already). It would seem a waste to jump straight into generation 7 or to wait for a remake of x/y when this generation has so many brilliant features.
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gen 3 is quite widely considered people's favourite generation (second favourite for me but I'm a gen 1 fanboy :D ) so it makes sense to remake it but it also makes sense to remake these games because they have remade the previous two and these are next on the list. Plus it gives a year break before the release of the rumoured Z or X/Y 2 game, they may as well break it up a bit if they are wanting a yearly game.

I really want this and can't wait for it to come out. With bank being available now though I do wonder if I can just complete the dex as soon as I get it. Not much of a journey if Professor Oak gives me the dex and i just turn around and annouce "Finished!" straight away .