Options

New Nintendo 3DS, who's getting one?

Comments

• Options
    kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member
    had mine for few months. imported soon as it was released in australia!

went for non XL as love the face plates.

cant wait to play MH4 with the c-stick!
  • Options
    Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    got a 3DS XL for christmas so no

got a original and XL 3ds and it looks nice but can't justify getting a third one, only got a second to trade pokemon with myself
  • Options
    Jeremy_ClarkJeremy_Clark Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    I,m not getting one. Can you play the 3D games on the new 3ds ?
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I,m not getting one. Can you play the 3D games on the new 3ds ?

The New 3DS has full support for all normal 3DS games with reduced load times and better 3D.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    Have any other exclusive games been announced? I'm considering getting a MM limited edition for Xenoblade but I don't want to get a whole new system for the sake of one game (that I already own on Wii anyway), especially since they might bring out a whole new one in the next couple of years.
  • Options
    LumstormLumstorm Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    Gormond wrote: »
    The New 3DS has full support for all normal 3DS games with reduced load times and better 3D.

I can't say that games seem to load any faster on the new 3DS compared to the old one but you can download from the store a lot faster and the I actually use the 3D now where I used to just switch it off due to blurring.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lumstorm wrote: »
    I can't say that games seem to load any faster on the new 3DS compared to the old one but you can download from the store a lot faster and the I actually use the 3D now where I used to just switch it off due to blurring.

All reviews I have watched show the 3DS to load games pretty much twice as fast as the old 3DS - http://uk.ign.com/videos/2014/10/21/the-new-nintendo-3ds-loads-games-super-fast I guess it will be depend on how much resources the games take, with that newer games using more RAM and CPU cycles.

Also the reviews say the download speed is also twice as fast (assuming your internet connection is fast enough).
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    As tempting as it is, I can't justify spending £180 on it as I already have a 3DS XL.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got an email today from Amazon saying they are awaiting stock and I wont get the 3DS till next week :(

I was looking forward to playing some Zelda over the weekend, ohh well...
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mines on the way from Amazon
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mines on the way from Amazon

Was yours from Amazon France?
  • Options
    omipaloneomipalone Posts: 11,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine arrived today (was away so had to get it redelivered).

Looks very nice and the skull kid statue is proudly sitting on display.

The limited edition box of Majora's Mask is very well put together - nice metal pin of the mask and a rather nifty steel box to hold the game cartridge. I expect to be asked why I need 2 copies of the game (cartridge and the download version that comes with the console but my reply will be "Because it is Zelda!! :D)

Now in the long process of doing a system transfer from my old Zelda (Link To The Past) 3DS XL system to the new Majora's Mask one then I can get my hands on it.

I think I may even be able to use the 3D display more as it does hold the 3D effect better (important during those boss battles I will be encountering).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got an email saying mine will arrive on Friday, happy days :D
  • Options
    JimallJimall Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    Ordered mine from Nintendo last night - going for the blue XL with Zelda, charger, carry case and figurine (shame it's not an amiibo figurine!).

Hoping it'll arrive on Saturday, really looking forward to paying Majora's Mask and, eventually, a whole bunch of other games that I've missed seeing as this is my first Nintendo hand held since the original Game Boy.
  • Options
    VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got the new Blue XL, not crazy about the glossy finish but I find the regular 3ds uncomfortable in the hand, so had to go for the larger model really.

Very much enjoying MH4. I was used to playing MH3U on regular 3ds with CPP so the c-stick took a little getting used to at first.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a white and black one with smash and majora.. And have started collecting Amiibos as of today
  • Options
    gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    I'm interested in 3ds but just can't convince myself to buy one. I did have a look in the Nintendo store and I do think the Mario console holder looks great.
  • Options
    Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if you do a systems transfer and have animal crossing new leaf save data on your old 3ds do wireless transfer all data and not copy to pc. I thought it would be fine and everything else transferred fine but it didn't recognise my animal crossing save file and 500+ hours of playtime gone. I was getting fed up of the game anyway but it hurt nonetheless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got mine today as expected, set it up with no problems and installed a 32GB SD card. The 3D is very good, a huge improvement and the load times feel faster too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gds1972 wrote: »
    I'm interested in 3ds but just can't convince myself to buy one. I did have a look in the Nintendo store and I do think the Mario console holder looks great.

its really good..well worth it
  • Options
    mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    I want one of the new 3DS's as i miss games like Zelda, but i can't decide if i want the 3DS or the 3DS XL.

Im thinking the XL would be better suited to me as i have large hands.

Also how long does Nintendo leave it before they start releasing new colours?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    I want one of the new 3DS's as i miss games like Zelda, but i can't decide if i want the 3DS or the 3DS XL.

Im thinking the XL would be better suited to me as i have large hands.

Also how long does Nintendo leave it before they start releasing new colours?

I was in the same situation which is why I went for the XL, however if you like the idea of changing faceplates I would go for the standard as the size difference isn't huge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    I was in the same situation which is why I went for the XL, however if you like the idea of changing faceplates I would go for the standard as the size difference isn't huge.

Have just ordered the luigi faceplates
  • Options
    omipaloneomipalone Posts: 11,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have been playing Majoras Mask on the New 3DS XL all day and am quite impressed how the new system works with the 3D effect. On my old 3DS XL I kept it switched off as it created too much confusion during Boss Battles when the 3D effect got lost.

As for Majoras Mask - excellent game so far & although infuriating at times, the time constraint throughout the game gives it an edge (and it has to be said lots of swearing on my part )

Can anyone explain the Amiibo thingy as I can't yet get the point of buying them:confused:
  • Options
    justatechjustatech Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Amiibo are similar to the Skylanders and Disney Infinity models. They have an NFCC chip in their base, and can store data from compatible games. Depending on what's been programmed into the game certain characters can unlock content (such as Hyrule warriors), or can be used as characters that level up as you use them, either to train against or help you such as in Smash Bros.