Strange Remote Problem

AyceAyce Posts: 1,548
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi Guys - does any one know how to reset a HDR remote ? Ours seems to have stopped working and I know the Sky ones have a reset sequence..... I'm assuming the same is true here ?

Changed the batteries ( twice to be sure ) and its defo lighting up ok plus as my alarm has this trick that it can pick up IR from remotes I also know some thing is been fired out of the front.

Is there a code to default the PVR button in case one of my kids has accidentally programed it ( although I cant see how ).... ?

I'll leave the batteries out all night how ever I've done the take battries out and hold power to discharge with no luck.... heck I've even turned the lights out just to be sure its not those been a pain.

Please help if you can - my TV viewing is at stake here and instead of been able to nip upstairs and watch decnt programing I'll be forced to give up my Sky box for corrie and emmerdale........ :(

Terran

Comments

• grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you press a key does the pvr key light up red. If not press the pvr key and normal service should be resumed :D
  • GaseousClayGaseousClay Posts: 4,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Grahams suggestion doesn't rectify the problem try pressing and holding the 'ok' button and then pressing the Red button until the PVR button blinks.
  • AyceAyce Posts: 1,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you press a key does the pvr key light up red. If not press the pvr key and normal service should be resumed :D
    If Grahams suggestion doesn't rectify the problem try pressing and holding the 'ok' button and then pressing the Red button until the PVR button blinks.
    Just tried this - the remote blinks fine but no change :(

Terran
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the kids have changed anything with regards to the remote it may be that they have reprogrammed the 'multi code' setting. This function is used when you have more than one STB in the same room and need to 'pair' one particular remote so that it only operates one device without interfereing with the other.

Turn your humax on using the buttons on the STB and ensure you can see a broadcast on your TV. Now on the remote control press the 0 (zero) button and the 'ok' button together and hold for 5 seconds until the PVR light extinguishes and then comes back on. At this point you need to enter a number from 1-6. If the remote has been altered and the STB hasn't then there is a likelyhood that the STB is still at the default setting of 1 so press the 1 button on the remote, the PVR button should blink three times. Now try your remote and see if there is a response.
    If there is no response then I can only suggest repeating the above but using a different number. Should all the above fail I would revert the remote back to the default setting of 1 and we'll have to go back to the drawing board and think of someother possibilities.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the kids have changed anything with regards to the remote it may be that they have reprogrammed the 'multi code' setting. This function is used when you have more than one STB in the same room and need to 'pair' one particular remote so that it only operates one device without interfereing with the other.

Turn your humax on using the buttons on the STB and ensure you can see a broadcast on your TV. Now on the remote control press the 0 (zero) button and the 'ok' button together and hold for 5 seconds until the PVR light extinguishes and then comes back on. At this point you need to enter a number from 1-6. If the remote has been altered and the STB hasn't then there is a likelyhood that the STB is still at the default setting of 1 so press the 1 button on the remote, the PVR button should blink three times. Now try your remote and see if there is a response.
    If there is no response then I can only suggest repeating the above but using a different number. Should all the above fail I would revert the remote back to the default setting of 1 and we'll have to go back to the drawing board and think of someother possibilities.
    Thanks.... will give this a go later...... I don't belive they have but just in case how is the box its self changed..... when I looked at instructions I could not find any thing on the subject...

Tia and thanks for your help do far.

T
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As its disconnected at the mo I just did a quick test with it on the kitchen work surface programming as above... no go.... will try later with it attached.

T
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normally the multi code is changed so that both the remote and the set top box adjust to the same setting together, so obviously the remote needs to interact with the STB, and the appropriate responses via the TV display. If the problem is because the little'uns managed to adjust just the remote then any action you take on the remote is not going to have any affect on the STB until the two devices coincide setting wise.

Bear in mind that kids being kids it is conceivable that they may have managed to firstly adjust the settings for both STB and remote to say number 5 and then promptly managed to adjust the remote only to a different number, hence the suggestion to try each value in turn.

You are right there is no instruction in the manual on this topic

Oh and Good luck :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are right there is no instruction in the manual on this topic

Oh and Good luck :D
    :D

I will NOT be defeated lol.... that been said I'm thinking of reseting the box its self completly as there is nothing for keeps on there ( see first post last para :D ) so if you happen to know a key combo for that..... ?

T
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thinking about it doing a factory reset on the box won't sort it. Imagine folk having made the adjustment because they have more than one humax box in the room and then months maybe a year later the STB plays up and they decide to factory reset, they end up with a remote that doesn't communicate with the box. Besides mines been set to 2 and I'm pretty sure I've done a few resets without the box defaulting back to 1.

I think you need to go through the routine I've described just to eliminate the possibility of an 'un-paired' remote and box.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well - after a number of emails trying to get the thing to work Humax are sending me a remote FOC.

Bob - if you read this I have nowt but praise for the CS team who came across very well through out this issue.

GaseousClay - Thanks for all your help too....

Terran
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New remote arrived today....( thanks Humax CS )..... no changes made not even the batteries and it worked straight off.

I'll pull the old one apart at some point as they dont want it back.....

T