EE - Anyone here who doesn't like Dot?

2»

Comments

• priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »
    Agreed. And her acting, if you can even call it that, is no way worth that much.

I think she's ok but I wouldn't call her an amazing actress.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,219
    Forum Member
    Oh ffs. You pay about 80 of the licence fee towards EE.

The tv licence argument is just beyond irritating

And pointless.
  • Happy_MummyHappy_Mummy Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand her and this storyline. She's always irritated me really, especially with her lines from the Bible. I couldn't really care less that she's lost her job or that she can't see. She's an annoying character full stop. Her stupid miserable facial expressions she's constantly pulling and her over the top flinging of arms when she's in a flap. Don't know why she's such a well loved character!
  • SmallandcuteSmallandcute Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    Cant stand Dot or June Brown, the actress is clearly away with the fairies and the character is just plain boring and constantly in need of attention. As others have said she should have been axed long ago for her poor acting skills and that she has health issues, would ahe pass health and safety if she was in any other kind of job? She sure is not worth the 300k that they are paying her, i feel that there are a lot of others on EE that should be paid more and used more then Dot.

Also the character is no longer realisitc, when was the last time you heard of someone her age still working and although christianity is still the main religion in the UK when was the last time you heard someone consistantly quote the bible when someone trys to have a conversaion?
  • Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair, we had a bloke still working in our office at Dot's age (albeit part time). He may even still be there - different department to me. They had a party for his 60th anniversary at the firm. Some people just enjoy working.

ETA: Just logged into my work address book to check. Yep, still there!
  • Rebel HamsterRebel Hamster Posts: 458
    Forum Member
    I can't stand Dot and have never liked her character. Good to see others agree, I never understand why people think she is so great, just because someone has been in a soap a long time, doesn't mean they are good or a legend. I hate the way she constantly mumbles her lines.

Also, why does she never question why all the people she cares about that leave the square never get in contact i.e Fatboy, Charlie. Is she never concerned that they have disappeared off the face of the earth and something could of happened to them!
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Although I rate the actress very highly, I am not that enamoured with the character. Although she has mellowed, I can remember some of her very bigoted views.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand Dot and have never liked her character. Good to see others agree, I never understand why people think she is so great, just because someone has been in a soap a long time, doesn't mean they are good or a legend. I hate the way she constantly mumbles her lines.

Also, why does she never question why all the people she cares about that leave the square never get in contact i.e Fatboy, Charlie. Is she never concerned that they have disappeared off the face of the earth and something could of happened to them!

She is a legendary soap character, though. She is about as recognisable as it gets; she is an intrinsic part of UK popular culture. You may not like her but that doesn't negate her impact.
  • Hobbes1966Hobbes1966 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    I've never liked Dot either. Her whole character bugs me. Her and Patrick are supposed to be good friends but the way she talks to him is awful.
    She's a nasty, narrow minded busybody.
  • patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is all this Dot hate!!!
    It's ridiculous people hating her for her being homophobic. She is just being depicted as someone her age might be. They grew up in another time and find it hard to accept some things and are stubborn and set in their ways. You may not not agree with the views she has but it's just part of life and she is being shown as that type of person. I think she is fantastic for her age and to still be working so lighten up!