Options

Ee before the watershed???

ElsaandAnnaElsaandAnna Posts: 23
Forum Member
Thought ee tonight was the most harrowing episode I've seen. However why was it on before 9pm? The Xmas day episode was on late and that was a jolly sing song. This harrowing emotional episode on even earlier than normal. Children will have seen that.

Comments

• Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    Thought ee tonight was the most harrowing episode I've seen. However why was it on before 9pm? The Xmas day episode was on late and that was a jolly sing song. This harrowing emotional episode on even earlier than normal. Children will have seen that.

Children do watch it, have you not read their posts on here tonight?

;-)
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »

;-)

Bravo! :D

Are you going to replace Rox as the squares resident hot babe Toni?

I hope so! ;-):D
  • Options
    Kirk AngelKirk Angel Posts: 4,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Now no child will want to go swimming after drinking all day :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    V amusing!!!!!!
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kirk Angel wrote: »

If only Roxy had listened to those Charlie Says adverts. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »

Or watched this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNPMYRlvySY

Every child of the 70's loved this - well I did as horror fan. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If only she listened to that Charlie instead of the other one :( *sniffs*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or watched this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNPMYRlvySY

Every child of the 70's loved this - well I did as horror fan. :D

:o:o That's horrible!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If only she listened to that Charlie instead of the other one :( *sniffs*

:D Are you a Charlie slater?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D Are you a Charlie slater?

I do like the occasional march in Peru at times :)
  • Options
    nightwish1990nightwish1990 Posts: 1,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Won't someone think of the children.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :o:o That's horrible!

Have you never seen 70's kids public information films?

They are great for a horror fan - death, destruction and mayhem of children!

No mercy at all!

Watch this when you can!

Imagine the complaints today!:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0GyRz_lOQA
  • Options
    KeibroKeibro Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps the BBC knew putting EastEnders on past 9pm doesn't do the show any favours.

It was a must see episode, so they're going to put it on at prime time.

There was nothing in it at all graphic, come on.
    In Emmerdale at the same timeslot, I've seen episodes where a woman gets shot at point blank range with a shotgun. A barn has been on fire and several characters decide to punch and fight each other rather than get out. A House explodes and amidst the carnage, a woman bashes her husband's head in with some rubble, before they both plummet through the floor.

Now that's graphic stuff.

Tonight's EastEnders was implied, but still quite harrowing.
    I doubt kids would be too traumatised by it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No mercy at all!

Watch this when you can!

The Never Go With Strangers One!!! :o:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do like the occasional march in Peru at times :)

One way to get through the soaps Kirk! :p
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hollyoaks show worse than this at 7pm. Never waited till after 9 for any deaths, heck they even have it repeated at 6.30. :D

They don't give a crud about wimp's.
  • Options
    wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    xTonix wrote: »

;-)

Aye.

Aye.

Nowt more to add.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I didn't say it was graphic but harrowing. There is a difference. Technically no it wasn't graphic and yes I have seen 'worse' on other soaps but emotionally this was much more 'challenging' and harder for younger viewers to watch. Think it should have been on 8 -9pm instead to allow young children to be in bed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Never Go With Strangers One!!! :eek::(

They are all so utterly merciless - they were meant to frighten kids and let's face it they all did a bloody good job.

Today the makers would be sued by parents for causing acute mental distress to their little darlings or some such cobblers!

But things were different when I was five or six and watching those! :D
  • Options
    mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If people don't want kids to watch then either record it and watch it later or watch in another room to your children. It's not like no one knew what was going to happen. As I was spending time with my young child rather than making him watch EE or dumping him in his playroom while I watched it I Sky plussed it for later - there are loads of ways to watch whenever you like these days. I've never made my little one sit through EE as there's been a lot worse than that - Fatboy being squished, Lucy's murder, death, destruction and every time Kim opens her mouth 😉. Then again I too am a child of the 70s and we had to watch things like this - https://youtu.be/6QzrG9h_Y4Y
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If people don't want kids to watch then either record it and watch it later or watch in another room to your children. It's not like no one knew what was going to happen. As I was spending time with my young child rather than making him watch EE or dumping him in his playroom while I watched it I Sky plussed it for later - there are loads of ways to watch whenever you like these days. I've never made my little one sit through EE as there's been a lot worse than that - Fatboy being squished, Lucy's murder, death, destruction and every time Kim opens her mouth 😉. Then again I too am a child of the 70s and we had to watch things like this - https://youtu.be/6QzrG9h_Y4Y

Such days of innocent fun! ;-):D
  • Options
    mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such days of innocent fun! ;-):D

It worked though. We didn't dare go near water, train tracks, pylons, strangers etc. Once my teacher stopped and offered me a lift to school when I was 5 so my mum didn't have to take me on the bus. I made an absolute stink crying and wailing because you didn't go with strangers and never got in their car. My best friend's mum had a boyfriend who offered me sweets and I flat out refused - all of the other kids had some but you weren't meant to take sweets from strange men. Actually thinking about it I was scared of everything :D;-). It didn't help that someone at school did climb a pylon and got electrocuted and when his parents had the open casket at home people said his head had exploded so we all really believed these "information" films that if you did something wrong you'd die a horrible death. I'd never in a million years let my kids watch those films.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It worked though. We didn't dare go near water, train tracks, pylons, strangers etc. Once my teacher stopped and offered me a lift to school when I was 5 so my mum didn't have to take me on the bus. I made an absolute stink crying and wailing because you didn't go with strangers and never got in their car. My best friend's mum had a boyfriend who offered me sweets and I flat out refused - all of the other kids had some but you weren't meant to take sweets from strange men. Actually thinking about it I was scared of everything :D;-). It didn't help that someone at school did climb a pylon and got electrocuted and when his parents had the open casket at home people said his head had exploded so we all really believed these "information" films that if you did something wrong you'd die a horrible death. I'd never in a million years let my kids watch those films.

I actually loved them!

They got the point across alright! :D
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't say it was graphic but harrowing. There is a difference. Technically no it wasn't graphic and yes I have seen 'worse' on other soaps but emotionally this was much more 'challenging' and harder for younger viewers to watch. Think it should have been on 8 -9pm instead to allow young children to be in bed.

Surely it's up to parents to take responsibility for what their young children watch and not the BBC. Tonight's episode was very heavily publicised so parents could have recorded it and watched it later if they were bothered about their kids watching it.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member

No mercy at all!

Watch this when you can!

The 70s public service broadcasts were terrifying and hikarious in equal measures.

Probably why they stuck in their mind so did their job re stranger danger, water, ice, fire hazards etc.

Re the timeslot,on bank holidays it is less to do with the watershed as bedtimes are assumed to be different with no work, school and more to do with scheduling for ratings.

They couldn't put Sherlock.on in the earlier slot easily. And EE still finished at 8pm which is the same as every Tues and Thurs.