Options

Could Mona win?

bill luvs t.vbill luvs t.v Posts: 1,907
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ive seen alot of comments saying she will go soon and i know of the coming controversy but is it too early to write her off?

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If she doesn't do anything within the next 2 weeks then I'd write her off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah I think she'll be the next woman to go.
  • Options
    Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, she can't.
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Well there has been a lot of press coverage about her, Howard and the Margate episode. So she's in the show for the next couple of weeks at least as Margate isn't up north.
  • Options
    DallyDally Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    She has only lasted this long for showing some guts as volunterring as 1st project manager. She can't talk and seems to get flustered and is rude to clients, so IMO very unlikely. Out at next opportunity I'd guess.
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's lasted this long by not being brought back into the boardroom since week 1, much like Noorul has only lasted this long by not having been in there at all.

She doesn't have a cat in hell's chance of winning. Only about 2 or 3 of them do.
  • Options
    EsqualitaEsqualita Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never mind the fact she's a homophobic moron-she's also pants at being a "potential apprentice".

No chance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Esqualita wrote: »
    Never mind the fact she's a homophobic moron-she's also pants at being a "potential apprentice".

No chance.
    Let's face it, they're all unfit to run a whelk stall.:D
  • Options
    funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,350
    Forum Member
    Noooo.she is awful. She has limited skills and although seems nice enough not the calibre required.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Nope... Like her, but she doesn't do much. Maybe she can redeem herself on wednesday :rolleyes: but that comment may bring her down.
  • Options
    TernTern Posts: 2,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Based on tonight's performance: Definitely a possibility.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like her after tonight , she was great when haggling with the man over the sleeping bags (what an awful product! £89 for a yellow straight-jacket) and kept her calm.

I will be shocked if Siralun chose a woman again , though...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tern wrote: »
    Based on tonight's performance: Definitely a possibility.

Well a lot can happen in a week!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    I have to say Mona surprised me this week. I thought after Noorul got fired she would be next to go, but she showed here that she can manage, and she can definetly negotiate and close a deal quite effectively.

She must have learned from her mistakes in the first task and got her act together this time - but I'd have to see more of her doing well to convince me she's got what it takes...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Well a lot can happen in a week!:D

Indeed.

Last week she was being almost universally written off.

A mere seven days later she seems to be in with a chance.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's still got no chance. She's good at sales, but that's not enough to win. See, for example, the Badger, who was very strong at sales and nothing special in other areas, being beaten by the strong all round Michelle.

A win as leader is good, but Mona didn't have to do much leadership. They even had individual books.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    She's still got no chance. She's good at sales, but that's not enough to win. See, for example, the Badger, who was very strong at sales and nothing special in other areas, being beaten by the strong all round Michelle.

A win as leader is good, but Mona didn't have to do much leadership. They even had individual books.

The thing is, none of the others are actually standing head and shoulders above her.

Except, perhaps, Yasmina who has been seen as pro-active on most tasks and hasn't really done a lot wrong (unless you want to count the catering episode which didn't impress me a great deal).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    Except, perhaps, Yasmina who has been seen as pro-active on most tasks and hasn't really done a lot wrong (unless you want to count the catering episode which didn't impress me a great deal).

I see Yasmina as probably getting to the final two, not Mona so much. I have a feeling it will be two women in the final this year though a) because a man has won the past two years and I SAS does to an extent respond to what the audience thinks b) both times it was a man and woman in the final and if they did the same this year it would be all too obvious the female candidate would win

I'm probably wrong though :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It should be a two women final this year (unless James or Howard pull something really spectacular out of the hat) simply because the remaining women are generally better than the men.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing is, none of the others are actually standing head and shoulders above her.
    For me, virtually all the others are. Kate, Debra and Yasmina have been been very strong, with very few mistakes. Howard's not put a foot wrong. James had a rocky start but has now made up for it. Mona has gone from bottom to overtaking Ben and Lorraine, but she's still got a long, long way to go and not a lot of episodes to do it it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mona did well tonight. She definately improved. That's not saying much as she's been bloody useless every other week. Zero chance of her winning.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hasn't she had the most wins now out of them all?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Indeed.

Last week she was being almost universally written off.

A mere seven days later she seems to be in with a chance.

I was looking forward!
  • Options
    brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's been hard to judge.

I think in the first episode she wasn't great (I think that was as much down to the thrown in situation of the first episode) though she showed a lot of potential but since then she's been under the radar not doing all that much and the only thing she's done really bad was the presentation (and Lee last year was rubbish at that too).

The thing I've noticed about Mona is she does think ahead, she plans, not just for the short term but the long term. Part of what saved her in the first task I think was her argument about the job they did on the cars, if it were a real business the company would continue to use them. Ok it's a bit pointless in a one day task which require immediate results but it was an interesting and valid point in boardroom terms when the prize is a long term job that I don't think any other contestant has ever thought of using before.

Also this week with the choosing of the objects, it wasn't some overlooked error that they didn't pick items to suit the store meetings set up, it was a concious decision. Maybe it was misjudged, maybe not (we'll never know) but even so it had been something that had been thought out and weighed up, that they'd looked at the task as a whole and made a decision on it instead of just winging it as they went along. She showed some foresight and the ability to form stratagy even if it meant risking one opportunity in favour of another. That is an excellent quality in business.

She also seems to be a good sales person. I know people knocked her re the car cleaning but she still got the job for about double the going price and this time managed to almost double up on the order of sleeping bags. You can knock her technique but it works.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even if she had a great range of skills (which I'm really not sure she has), if it is true that she made those homophobic remarks, then - no - she has no chance of winning. And rightly so.