Options

Brendan Brady (Emmett J. Scanlan) Fan Thread! (Part 154)

Comments

• Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    luckylila wrote: »
    It's so ridiculous it's actually making me annoyed!

Breathe through the pain with me, lila. It really is rage inducing. It would work better as a story to have Doug going behind Ste's back with the police as well as Ste's real doubts, which we would have if there was any sense of continuity with the last fortnight, but nope.

This week and last week was actual Ste. This is Klaine Ste.
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Radio.Gaga wrote: »
    No they bloody don't. It's so sad.

And God, the wedding planning. *vomits*

That was not Ste. That was make believe Ste they created back in May/June time.

But the fact that they are making Stug all happy, happy the week before their wedding just proves it's all going down the crapper ;)

My thoughts exactly. Just back to the Jubilee week rubbish. Painful to watch. Problem is, if happy camp Ste is overjoyed to be marrying Doug, he can't give a damn about Brendan. So this ain't gonna work for me.

Poor old Brendan. I want him back.
  • Options
    ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mitzeee was great though right? ;)

Other than that is was a nightmare of an episode.

I am actually more creeped out by paedo Ally than I am by Stepford Ste.
  • Options
    AnotherSarahAnotherSarah Posts: 41,906
    Forum Member
    The Ste delphiniums bit was utterly misconceived. I can see he might throw himself into this because the whole thing is about denial and convincing himself that Doug is the future, but the wedding planning was so far out of character.

I enjoyed the rest of the episode though. I loved Martha, Myra, McQueens, Mitzeee, Jack, Frankie, Tony. I'm even glad to see us getting somewhere (for the last time I hope) with Ally. I loved the Shawnee scene.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,755
    Forum Member
    so it was a terrible episode:(
    when is brendan going to come back on our screen?
  • Options
    misssdorianmisssdorian Posts: 12,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    x-Maya-x wrote: »
    I'm not even watching, but can you imagine Cheryl's reaction if Brendan was helping someone she loved with their wedding to someone else?

Never mind the fact Brendan's far too loyal to ever do that.

Hmm I was thinking this and this is why I've been so angry at her but then I thought maybe she's not actually aware yet that Brendan is really In love with Ste. We all know how self involved she is..;)

But Brendan tells her next week right so maybe the penny will drop then:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Ste delphiniums bit was utterly misconceived. I can see he might throw himself into this because the whole thing is about denial and convincing himself that Doug is the future, but the wedding planning was so far out of character.

I enjoyed the rest of the episode though. I loved Martha, Myra, McQueens, Mitzeee, Jack, Frankie, Tony. I'm even glad to see us getting somewhere (for the last time I hope) with Ally. I loved the Shawnee scene.

I'm with you there. I actually enjoyed the Ally stuff because it's good to know he's meant to be a creep! :D I enjoyed all the other stuff except the painful Ste scene. Although Cheryl flits in and out of character just as much so ugh.

ETA: I guess Cheryl will realise next week as she doesn't really know how Brendan feels but I doubt it'll make much of a difference for her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    guadalupe wrote: »

He's back next week, when we see him with Father Des.

Anything other that this. I feel really disappointed actually. I was so badly hoping I'd never have to start tuning out of HO again, but I really think I will. This stuff is just not good. Who the frick is still storylining like this? It's been such a fail already! :confused:

Mitzeeee was amaaaaaazing though. As was Myra.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    Breathe through the pain with me, lila. It really is rage inducing. It would work better as a story to have Doug going behind Ste's back with the police as well as Ste's real doubts, which we would have if there was any sense of continuity with the last fortnight, but nope.

It's bizarre, because I suddenly feel like we're back in the time of the sham wedding stuff, and they're putting two different strands of Ste material onscreen. I know they're not, but it bothers me.

I think it is probably because they've got the drama of the big day coming, so everything must seem perfect until then.

But bugger that, because they get married. And give it a good go by the look of things.

Bleurgh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mojo5000 wrote: »

What happened with Doug and Shawnee? Was she in the ep?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

it was, to me...

i think next week ,tuesday .
  • Options
    Radio.GagaRadio.Gaga Posts: 14,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is Cheryl even going to do when Brendan is crying to her that he loves Ste and doesn't want to lose him forever?

'Oh I'm sorry, love. But their wedding is all booked up, I payed the deposit out of my own money and everything. You'll just have to get over him.'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    x-Maya-x wrote: »
    It's bizarre, because I suddenly feel like we're back in the time of the sham wedding stuff, and they're putting two different strands of Ste material onscreen. I know they're not, but it bothers me.

I think it is probably because they've got the drama of the big day coming, so everything must seem perfect until then.

But bugger that, because they get married. And give it a good go by the look of things.

Bleurgh.

I'm guessing it'll come out about the police involvement but I loathe Stug so much I don't want it to be what ES described in her interview about it being just as big a deal for Ste. Mainly cos I don't buy it is. Triangles are never equal weighted and if they're trying to make it that way it doesn't really work because in building up Stendan again they've undermined Stug even more, so much so it's even more unbelievable.

But

*soothes*

Yeah she was telling him to calm his tits and that if "Brady" comes back then they'll need him again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was a slightly pointless meeting that they could have had on the phone, like the one Doug had with Simon. Shawneee was fab though. She told him to wait by his phone because she'll want to call him as soon as Brendan shows up again. Doug was iffy about it all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What is Cheryl even going to do when Brendan is crying to her that he loves Ste and doesn't want to lose him forever?

'Oh I'm sorry, love. But their wedding is all booked up, I payed the deposit out of my own money and everything. You'll just have to get over him.'

I bet she will also say that ste loves doug now and she doesn't want to miss another wedding because of brendan again!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl is just the worst.

I had forgotten just how ginger Shawnee is, she has got gorgeous hair.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Oh LOL Radio. Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. God, I hate her. My last shreds of liking just flew out the window.

Ugh. You can tell it's Friday. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I bet she will also say that ste loves doug now and she doesn't want to miss another wedding because of brendan again!:rolleyes:

LOL that's probably quite accurate.
  • Options
    Radio.GagaRadio.Gaga Posts: 14,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And with Doug feeling guilty all the bloody time you just know they'll use that as a way for Ste to forgive him for what he's done after about a week of being apart.

This show is just so predictable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing that confuses me so much about Stug is that there's no real direction with it...

Like for instance every time Ste is around Brendan he seems to really want to be with Brendan. That seems to be where his heart lies. However when he is with Doug he also seems to want to be with Doug! The thing is how can he be happy to be planning a Stug wedding, yet he clearly still has feelings for Brendan? I know it's supposed to be that he's throwing himself into it to take his mind off his doubts, but at the same time that's not what really translates on screen when they show him being all excited about flowers and stuff. I think there should be some sort of continuity in that if someone has doubts about a wedding they are going to show it, whether they want to throw themselves into it or not. My mind just isn't processing that Ste doesn't want to marry Doug from what's on screen. He just kind of seems to want to marry Doug...that's all it looks like to me.

The only sign that he still even thought about Brendan was the whole 'Yeah Cheryl doesn't even know where he is...he could be anywhere' conversation in the beginning. His face looked concerned then he told Doug he was away to get lettuce.

Oh I just don't enjoy Stug at all.

BH
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This director makes all the sets look enormous to me.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was a slightly pointless meeting that they could have had on the phone, like the one Doug had with Simon. Shawneee was fab though. She told him to wait by his phone because she'll want to call him as soon as Brendan shows up again. Doug was iffy about it all.

I hope they make something out of it anyway, if they drop it I would be very disappointed
  • Options
    Ready Steady GoReady Steady Go Posts: 39,592
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a good episode, apart from Ste being able to say the flower name.

I can't say it, or write it :p

Stug love was depressing, but I could buy that Ste is just running away.
  • Options
    metal gurumetal guru Posts: 5,849
    Forum Member
    Yeah in fact Cheryl probably organises the wedding invites as well, 'Oh your in love with him oops but I went to so much effort!!!!'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,944
    Forum Member
    Not the best ep I'm taking it. :(

Right, off for a bath and I'll be back once I've watched.
This discussion has been closed.