that first text to a girl

Comments

• RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's Saturday night, if you're going out with our mates and go to the same place for a few drinks you might bump into her. If you do, I wouldn't mentioned the text she never replied to, you don't want to make her feel like she owes you an explanation. Keep it fun.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,565
    Forum Member
    skinjim123 wrote: »
    i'm 23 would you believe haha. i am just useless with the whole should i txt should i not. just to make it clear to everyone i have yet to txt her or contact her again i only txt her the once. i would prefer to call her but i'm unsure.

I would try again. She may have lent her older 14 year old sister her phone and not seen your message. :D
  • skinjim123skinjim123 Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    daveetwo wrote: »
    I would try again. She may have lent her older 14 year old sister her phone and not seen your message. :D

damn you ;)
  • ikkleosuikkleosu Posts: 11,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's still not too late for tonight. I'd text her saying you are going out tonight with your friends to that same place and you're wondering if you'll see her there because you really enjoyed spending time with her. If not, you hope she has a nice night - no pressure, a compliment and a chance for her to meet you without it being a "date".
    Forum Member
    ikkleosu wrote: »
    It's still not too late for tonight. I'd text her saying you are going out tonight with your friends to that same place and you're wondering if you'll see her there because you really enjoyed spending time with her. If not, you hope she has a nice night - no pressure, a compliment and a chance for her to meet you without it being a "date".

i'm at work tonight but i see you point
    Forum Member
    I've text her again a short and sweet message but im not gonna bother if she doesnt reply after this
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont think shes interested mate, i would leave it, in fact i wouldn't of text her in the first place i always wait for them to text me
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    I see you've already txt her again but you shouldn't have and you should definitely not ring, if she was interested she would've replied to the first message, she probably changed her mind.
  • ff999ff999 Posts: 4,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'm 23 would you believe haha. i am just useless with the whole should i txt should i not. just to make it clear to everyone i have yet to txt her or contact her again i only txt her the once. i would prefer to call her but i'm unsure.

I was spot on for the age difference :-)
  • ffawkesffawkes Posts: 4,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would try once more. Say you know she didnt reply to your first text but youre going to give it one more try before giving up because she seemed too nice to give up on. Ask if she fancies meeting up next week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Has she replied OP?
  • TaomiTaomi Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a girl who only just left the dating scene a year ago, I would have hated a man ringing me. I get really nervous and tongue tied on the phone and have to really know someone to have a phone conversation, which I know some find weird - especially when in real life I work with the phone and I also am a chatterbox :o

Anyway, I would have probably text again. Sometimes people are just busy when they get that first message and forget to reply so it's always worth a second shot.

Good luck OP and hope she messages back, if not then I wouldn't contact her again and just move on. I never did understand people who gave their numbers out when not interested though, I've had that occur many times :confused:
    Forum Member
    She didn't reply oh well plenty more fish eh
  • TaomiTaomi Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's the spirit
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

maybe, maybe not he might of been the one
    Forum Member
    maybe, maybe not he might of been the one

What?
  • PopRocketPopRocket Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taomi wrote: »
    As a girl who only just left the dating scene a year ago, I would have hated a man ringing me. I get really nervous and tongue tied on the phone and have to really know someone to have a phone conversation

This is me too, I hate talking on the phone, it can set off a panic attack :o
  • saffron_starsaffron_star Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PopRocket wrote: »
    This is me too, I hate talking on the phone, it can set off a panic attack :o

Me too. Would freak me out if someone rang out of the blue like that. At least with a text you have time to think about your words and what you want to say.
    OP sorry she didn't reply :(
    Time to move on!
  • Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ffawkes wrote: »
    I would try once more. Say you know she didnt reply to your first text but youre going to give it one more try before giving up because she seemed too nice to give up on. Ask if she fancies meeting up next week.

Personally I'd never do this, seems a bit desperate to me.
  • Akane TendoAkane Tendo Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've text her again a short and sweet message but im not gonna bother if she doesnt reply after this

Look if you're interested in her then you need to phone and stop messing around with texts. If you can't even be bothered to phone her then it's not going to give her a very good impression of you is it? She gave you her phone number so she obviosuly must have been expecting a call.
  • hotmat3khotmat3k Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you mention anything that you chatted about in your first text OP? If not, you've already set yourself a mountain to climb. If you couldn't be bothered to bridge your original conversation into the text, then she won't be very impressed that you couldn't remember anything rememberable about her. You can only use the text messaging game as functional and not personal as you haven't even established any sort of relationship/trust yet.

Looks like I'd give up if were you and move on. If you'd manage to get a few texts going, then a phone is then acceptable if you have the intent in meeting up. I've just started a text convo with a girl I met up Friday night and got her number by chance. Only reason I didn't ring her was because we'd only spent 10 - 15 minutes chatting before she had to go. So you have to try to think what they're thinking. Not easy, but you have to try.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Look if you're interested in her then you need to phone and stop messing around with texts. If you can't even be bothered to phone her then it's not going to give her a very good impression of you is it? She gave you her phone number so she obviosuly must have been expecting a call.

She may have been drunk when she gave out her number, and regretted it when se sobered up. Two texts is enough, anything more looks desparate. He should delete her number now. If she's interested she'll get back to him.
  • Akane TendoAkane Tendo Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    She may have been drunk when she gave out her number, and regretted it when se sobered up. Two texts is enough, anything more looks desparate. He should delete her number now. If she's interested she'll get back to him.

Well it's obvious she's not that interested now, but he should have phoned from the start. At least he would have known where he stood and wouldn't have had to spend all this time wondering.
  • hotmat3khotmat3k Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it's obvious she's not that interested now, but he should have phoned from the start. At least he would have known where he stood and wouldn't have had to spend all this time wondering.
    That's the negative with texting and something you should expect you you go down that route. Only if you are either confident or think that you a small minimal effort convo to get a date sorted should you text. Phone if anything else.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    Phone her up and demand a full explanation. Keep ringing until she answers!