Options

Sold something on Ebay - buying arranging collection to France - legit?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not yet but I will give that a go before I post it to make 100% sure (think it should be ok as they would have had to hack the whole Ebay site if not).

Cheers, Mark.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just checked my PayPal and the money is in there, the address is the same as on Ebay and it's also confirmed.
  • Options
    Akane TendoAkane Tendo Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just checked my PayPal and the money is in there, the address is the same as on Ebay and it's also confirmed.

You didn't click on a link to get their via that email you got? If not then perhaps it is all legit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You didn't click on a link to get their via that email you got? If not then perhaps it is all legit.

Nope.

Just typed in the PayPal address and then logged in.

Just awaiting their reply now to see if it's the same UK address as on Ebay and PayPal.

Thanks, Mark.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just found this (below) if anybody needs the info in the future.

Appears you can ship to a different address but they have to put another address on PayPal as a gift address.

http://community.ebay.co.uk/question/Selling-Ebay/Buyer-Wants-Item/1700056027
  • Options
    JulesandSandJulesandSand Posts: 6,012
    Forum Member
    Just found this (below) if anybody needs the info in the future.

Appears you can ship to a different address but they have to put another address on PayPal as a gift address.

http://community.ebay.co.uk/question/Selling-Ebay/Buyer-Wants-Item/1700056027

I think I read that was only applied to addresses in the UK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I read that was only applied to addresses in the UK.

Ok.

Thanks for that.
  • Options
    NormandyMaryNormandyMary Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From what Ive heard from others, baby milk in France isnt very good and is very expensive. I live in France and buy loads of stuff from Ebay, even from people who post to Uk only. I just email them and ask if they would consider posting to France and what the cost would be. Most times peple are happy to oblige.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the replies.

The buyer has confirmed the deliver address is the same one as on Ebay and PayPal (one in the UK) and have had no reply from the Hotmail address to say anything different so I am going to get it posted off tomorrow.

Thanks for all the replies.

Mark.
  • Options
    butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Baby Milk (and nappies) cost a f***ing fortune in France, so it's not out of the question that someone French would want to buy some from the UK...

We got caught out once, whilst on holiday, and I can remember just straring in shocked disbelief at the fact it was about three times the cost of in England.
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    That's "RIP of FRANCE" for you!