Eye Spy - C4 10pm

intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
Forum Member
Just seen an advert for this.
Stephen Fry narrates this new series which tests to see if the people of Great Britain really are 'great' and can be heroes when faced with a particularly challenging situation.

Eye Spy features ingenious hidden camera stunts that throw up assorted moral dilemmas and psychological conundrums to wrestle with, challenging the notion inherent in many news stories that our 'once great nation is going to the dogs'.

You may say you'd do the right thing in a highly-pressured situation, but only when you're actually in the moment can you ever really know.

Sounds a bit like that show in America called What Would You Do? I like that show from what I've seen on Youtube so will probably give this a go.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is exactly what I was thinking that it is similar to " what would you do " that show works well and I hope eye spy is as good. I've got high hopes.
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Anyone watching?
  • Bradders33Bradders33 Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    Anyone watching?

I am. Looks interesting.
  • heart of glassheart of glass Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm watching. Looks interesting...
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone watching?

I want to watch but I'm a bit squeamish about shows like this that embarrass people, looks interesting.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    Rick Edwards the male version of Holly Willowbooby. His everywhere at the moment :D
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    stvn758 wrote: »
    I want to watch but I'm a bit squeamish about shows like this that embarrass people, looks interesting.

After watching the first clip and seeing the American equivalent it's not about embarrassing people it's more about social experiment imo
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good for that guy in the restaurant for speaking up, I'd feel very uncomfortable hearing such racist comments but I'm not sure if I'd speak up to be honest.
    Forum Member
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Good for that guy in the restaurant for speaking up, I'd feel very uncomfortable hearing such racist comments but I'm not sure if I'd speak up to be honest.

I'm a gobshite and I always speak my mind. I would definitely have spoken up.

I had a public, verbal, confrontation at a local festival last weekend with a stall owner giving away goldfish as prizes! Disgusting! In this day and age!

You could really feel the tension in that room though.

I think it's a good example of how far we have come in 50 years.
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Im not keen on practical jokes or hidden camera things but Im enjoying this because of the who 'moral experiment' aspect of it all. Id like to think I would react in the racist waiter incident.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Mum had her purse returned when she left it in Asda one day, some people are decent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The wallet exercise is interesting - how many of us have our home address in our wallet? is this commonplace? :confused:
    Forum Member
    My Mum had her purse returned when she left it in Asda one day, some people are decent.

I would return a wallet with everything inside intact.

But if I found a bank note I'd keep it.
    Forum Member
    The wallet exercise is interesting - how many of us have our home address in our wallet? is this commonplace? :confused:

I wouldn't, if people had that info and my bank cards I would be worried.

I have my mobile number in my purse though.
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    I wouldnt touch the money in the bag. More trouble than its worth.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The same thing happened to me in Asda last year - somewhere between the store and the car park, it disappeared but I went to customer service desk and got it back in a few minutes. What a panic that was!.

Back in April, I accidentally dropped my mobile phone and didnt realise until there was a call at home to ask if I'd lost a phone - it turned out someone working in a car park had found it. I went back to retrieve it and expected to be told off for dropping it but instead the guy congratulated me for being sensible by having an 'ICE' (ICE - In Case of Emergency) contact, so they could get in contact. I was going to offer a monetary reward but he said he was just happy he could find the rightful owner - lovely bloke :)
    Forum Member
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    I wouldnt touch the money in the bag. More trouble than its worth.

"Peter Kay" in the padded jacket was interested!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the phone call would make it pretty obvious that the whole thing is some kind of setup.
    Forum Member

I am quite bad, I have to say something.
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't answer a ringing public phone after seeing Phone Booth!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who would want themselves stealing broadcast on TV like that? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bradders33 wrote: »
    I wouldn't, if people had that info and my bank cards I would be worried.

I have my mobile number in my purse though.

Identity theft wise? I guess thats a risk. Maybe you'd need a PO Box instead then...that could be expensive(!) or yes a mobile phone number.
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I am quite bad, I have to say something.

That makes you good, not bad! 👍
    Forum Member
    I found a mobile phone recently and used it to find the owner. I even walked half way to meet her as she could not find my address and she never even thanked me :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I found a mobile phone recently and used it to find the owner. I even walked half way to meet her as she could not find my address and she never even thank me :mad:

What a rude cow.