Anyone Watching The Worlds Greatest Popstar?

MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
Forum Member
Really hoping that Beyoncé wins it but I think it will probably be Britney. I'm surprised that Madonna has gone but I guess it's the younger people voting.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britney IS the world's greatest popstar. The most famous and successful at the moment, when you think of popstar you think of Britney. Although Bey could be second or first.
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    Yeah Britney has sold a lot of CD's but I think Beyoncé is more deserving. When I think about the greatest popstar I think of live performances and stuff like that.
    Forum Member
    Ha well it's down to Beyoncé and Britney. Actually I'm not to sure who will win now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    don't tell me Girls Aloud are still in
    Forum Member
    No it's just down to Bey and Britney. Girls Aloud were eliminated quite early on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Britney's past performances match and even sometimes overtake Beyonce's without even singing the whole song live. I think lately Beyonce has been kicking everyone's asses, but think Britney deserves this title more for the mere fact she is what the title show says.
  • Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    I can't believe that Madonna went so early! Then I was dissapointed that P!nk went but was hoping Eminem wouldn't be far behind.

I somehow think Britney will bag the "prize"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beyoncé won.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    isnt it fair to say that this competition just isn't done fairly, beyonce and britney are both huge popstars NOW, so its obvious no one from more than 10 years ago or more would have won
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I think it's a bit beyond the word Popstar

How can you call Eminem a popstar? I am sure he would be offended to be considered as a popstar

Beyonce is r&b
  • Cake_NibblerCake_Nibbler Posts: 6,564
    Forum Member
    The show's ridiculous. Madonna is the greatest popstar.

11 No1 Albums
    13 No1 Singles
    Biggest female of all time
    Biggest earning tourer of all times
    3rd biggest chart success after Elvis and Beatles

For her to not even make the top 4 is ridiculous :mad:

Clealry the votes were cast by shallow, thick, ugly, teens who have the memory of ten seconds and only vote for the latest crap :mad:
    Forum Member
    YES Beyoncé won :D. She so deserved it. Yeah I know the competition was a bit odd with some of the choices but I didn't expect Bey to win :)
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Weren't Girls Aloud Beyonce's celebrity fans?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    ach damn I wanted Britney especially after the panal were so down on her

especially that journalist goin on bout her runnin round a hotel off her head covered in jam hello that was so 2007 hasn't he been to circus tour that only just ended last night what kinda journalist is he!!!!
    Forum Member
    And another thing Beyonce for such a ''superstar'' has no real hits.

You'd have at best

Crazy In Love
    If I Were A Boy
    Single Ladies

as timeless classics

Madonna has at the very least

Papa Dont preach
    Material Girl
    Hung Up
    True Blue
    Frozen
    Vogue
    Holiday
    Like A Virgin
    Into the Groove
    La Isla Bonita
    Like A Prayer

And you could quite easily add many others

Another thing Mariah Carey is surely bigger than the talentless zelebs they've picked.
    And Whitney for that matter

I guess the fact it is a T4 sure said it all :mad:
    Forum Member
    spkx wrote: »
    Weren't Girls Aloud Beyonce's celebrity fans?

Yeah I think they were because I remember seeing the advert where Kimberly was talking about her.
  • chrisagw4chrisagw4 Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    where they actually there?

i missed it but i did vote Beyonce ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    And another thing Beyonce for such a ''superstar'' has no real hits.

You'd have at best

Crazy In Love
    If I Were A Boy
    Single Ladies

as timeless classics

Madonna has at the very least

Papa Dont preach
    Material Girl
    Hung Up
    True Blue
    Frozen
    Vogue
    Holiday
    Like A Virgin
    Into the Groove
    La Isla Bonita
    Like A Prayer

And you could quite easily add many others

Another thing Mariah Carey is surely bigger than the talentless zelebs they've picked.
    And Whitney for that matter

I guess the fact it is a T4 sure said it all :mad:

people didnt vote for her!!!
    Forum Member
    Grainne123 wrote: »
    people didnt vote for her!!!

Corretion, the shallow tweenies demographic that watch T4 didnt vote for her.

The majority that voted would have been 15 year old girls. I doubt very few people over 25 were even aware of this so called ''Best Popstar'' conversation.
    Forum Member
    chrisagw4 wrote: »
    where they actually there?

i missed it but i did vote Beyonce ;)

None of the artists were actually there, only a panel of Tinchy Stryder, Brian Freedman, and a journalist from The Sun.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna WAS the worlds biggest female popstar (the greatest was MJ) but that's over now, you can't say she still is because she's not. Her best songs are behind her. Beyonce deserved to win, I wanted Britney to win more though, but it came down to the two best and most deserving right now. Plus if we're talking about talent, the most talented overall. She can't dance as well as Britney, but she can surely dance better than Madonna (and sing better and act better). The most deserving was Britney for the sheer scale of her success and fame, however Beyonce is also worthy and the only one in my opinion who was worthy of winning over Britney.
    Forum Member
    Corretion, the shallow tweenies demographic that watch T4 didnt vote for her.

The majority that voted would have been 15 year old girls. I doubt very few people over 25 were even aware of this so called ''Best Popstar'' conversation.

I really think Beyoncé deserved it because I can see her being around for a long time. A lot of other famous singers also praise her so she must be doing something right.
    Forum Member
    Madonna WAS the worlds biggest female popstar (the greatest was MJ) but that's over now, you can't say she still is because she's not. Her best songs are behind her. Beyonce deserved to win, I wanted Britney to win more though, but it came down to the two best and most deserving right now. Plus if we're talking about talent, the most talented overall. She can't dance as well as Britney, but she can surely dance better than Madonna (and sing better and act better). The most deserving was Britney for the sheer scale of her success and fame, however Beyonce is also worthy and the only one in my opinion who was worthy of winning over Britney.

Ill will 100% agree that Beyonce can sing and dance better than Madonna. Madonna is no Leona Lewis by any stretch of the imagination.

But in terms of facts Madonna sheer scale of her success and fame far outstrips either of the other two.

Michael Jackson and Madonna are known as King and Queen of Pop for a reason.

And Madonna's music has been pretty consistent. Hard Candy wasn't brilliant but her previous album Hung Up is one of the best albums of the decade.

Even the crowd at the show was made of hysterical, screeching chavvy girls who would have voted JlS had they've been nominated.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ill will 100% agree that Beyonce can sing and dance better than Madonna. Madonna is no Leona Lewis by any stretch of the imagination.

But in terms of facts Madonna sheer scale of her success and fame far outstrips either of the other two.

Michael Jackson and Madonna are known as King and Queen of Pop for a reason.

And Madonna's music has been pretty consistent. Hard Candy wasn't brilliant but her previous album Hung Up is one of the best albums of the decade.

Even the crowd at the show was made of hysterical, screeching chavvy girls who would have voted JlS had they've been nominated.

Sorry but you're living in the past as much as I can see. The vote was conducted over the past 10 weeks, so if Madonna isn't the best RIGHT NOW she doesn't deserve to win. Britney is the best selling artist of the millenium, and Beyonce was one of the best selling of the past year and with DC and alone she almost defined the genre of RnB. Madonna still sells out to her older fans, but not because of anything she has done this decade imo.
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why wasn't Michael Jackson on the list?