The Dumping Ground - CBBC

Comments

• Ribbed.CenturyRibbed.Century Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    I'm not a snob :eek:
    I grew up with Tracy Beaker, watched Tracy Beaker returns as my guilty pleasure, and having watched every episode of all of it, I think saying it's terrible is an opinion I have the right to hold. Thanks.
    Unfortunately, the writing nor the storylines are as well done as they were previously, and particularly with barely any glue, there was no past references to remind an audience that this is still the Dumping Ground.

You are exactly right. They did not even mention anything about missing Tracy, though the last episode they were sad and crying and stuff.

Elektra was good though, good to know she hasn't left the Dumping Ground left and Faith is a good character to have. I'm sorry but i was really excited for this and let's just say that it was a disappointment, My hopes were too high.
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just talking about the first two episodes. I can't believe they cut out "Ooh. Who made you the new Gina?"

It will probably appear in the first episode only as they tend to remove some scenes when the two episodes are together. They did the same with "Fallen" and "Slow Burn"
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    wait it started................:cry::o..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sex wrote: »
    wait it started................:cry::o..

Yes! There is a repeat tomorrow at 12pm!:)
    Forum Member
    omg i never knew it was on today thanks or maybe it might be on iplayer:o....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    omg i never knew it was on today thanks or maybe it might be on iplayer:o....

Ah yes! Go and check!:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion, I think the 2 parter was enjoyable but a bit underwhelming and it could have been a bit better. I will say the positive things about the episodes first, I liked Faith, she seems like a good character, very likeable. I also like the sibling relationship between Johnny and Tee, I like how she and Rick stood up for him. I'm glad Tracy and Sapphire were mentioned even if it was small. The scenes with Gus losing it and holding the grenade was also quite gripping too. They were also some very funny scenes which were enjoyable. Now for the negative stuff, there were no past references to what happened in TBR which was a bit disappointing. There was also no mention of what has happened since Tracy left. Also, what happened to Melanie? I might have missed a bit of information when Mike was leaving to go on Holiday but wasn't she Tracy's replacement?

Overall, decent two parter but not as strong as the two parters in Tracy Beaker Returns. I am looking forward to the next episode though. Great acting from the cast and I'm glad to see it trending on twitter!
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member
    Damn I missed the first 15 minutes but thankfully there's a repeat tomorrow.

The fact it was trending should see some huge ratings.
    Forum Member
    can't watch it internets being slow will watch at 12 tomorrow are youse lot 12:o....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can't watch it internets being slow will watch at 12 tomorrow are youse lot 12:o....

No...:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sneek peek for next week's episode!

Another central episode for Lily!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/clips/p013bry1
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where was Shadow??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Where was Shadow??

Lily walked up the stairs with Shadow on a leash.
    Forum Member
    Maybe Emily Glenister (who played Melanie) decided not to return, or maybe she'll be in future episodes.

I assume they cut out that 'Ooh who made you the new Gina' scene due to the fact it took away from the whole plot of the episode and maybe it was pointless considering they never seemed to go out anyway (from what I saw - as I mentioned I missed the first fifteen minutes).

Still, the fact that it was trending on Twitter shows that there is a lot of interest and there was plenty of promotion on CBBC throughout the day, so I would be surprised if it doesn't come out with a pretty high rating. I'm looking at least 700k. It'll help when it comes to the official ratings if it's viewed by a large minority of people on iPlayer.

Regarding that clip from next week's episode, I hope they don't end up cutting that out. Also, nice to see that after the first episode, we're already past half of the number of posts on the TBR thread so there is clearly a lot of interest on this forum.
    Forum Member
    Elektra and Johnny should be friends!!

Thought they were, they helped each other at numerous times in TBR, e.g that episode when Johnny was made to carry out a robbery.
    Forum Member
    Ambassador wrote: »
    http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/evening-chronicle-news/2012/12/10/anger-over-freddy-shepherd-s-la-sagesse-plans-72703-32397639/

Think part of the 'Dumping Ground' will survive, but only as someone's house.

It's prime land in a very very wealthy Newcastle suburb so guess it was inevitable after the old school closed down.

That article doesn't mention anything about Dumping Ground being filmed there or whatever.

If they had to move, maybe they'll create a set instead that looks exactly like the house, but I hope that would not be needed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Maybe Emily Glenister (who played Melanie) decided not to return, or maybe she'll be in future episodes.

I assume they cut out that 'Ooh who made you the new Gina' scene due to the fact it took away from the whole plot of the episode and maybe it was pointless considering they never seemed to go out anyway (from what I saw - as I mentioned I missed the first fifteen minutes).

It will probably appear when they show the first episode only.
    Forum Member
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    It will probably appear when they show the first episode only.

That will probably be in a few months time when CBBC don't have anything to show and so they put on repeats.

Feeling like watching in widescreen, so that's why I'm waiting to watch the repeat tomorrow at 12 :)

Also, nice to see they've kind of revamped the theme tune.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought they were, they helped each other at numerous times in TBR, e.g that episode when Johnny was made to carry out a robbery.

They also played with the kite together during their summer holiday. But I also remember another time where they didn't get along when Elektra's sister came to visit her.
    Forum Member
    They also played with the kite together during their summer holiday. But I also remember another time where they didn't get along when Elektra's sister came to visit her.

Yes, all the kids made fun of her dress and he shoved her burnt dress in her face and called her Mandy and she chased him :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That will probably be in a few months time when CBBC don't have anything to show and so they put on repeats.

But don't they usually remove scenes from both episode 1 and 2 when they are put together?

For example, they removed scenes were Dennis was checking other rooms and when Carmen, Tee and Lily were looking after Kitty before Gus fell.
    Forum Member
    But don't they usually remove scenes from both episode 1 and 2 when they are put together?

For example, they removed scenes were Dennis was checking other rooms and when Carmen, Tee and Lily were looking after Kitty before Gus fell.

I do seem to recall that. I watched that double episode with the Burnywood fire and there were some scenes which weren't included, but were included when they were shown individually. However, that was only 51 minutes long so I presume they were on a tight schedule (probably due to there being Newsround when there wasn't tonight), but looking at iPlayer the runtime was 53 minutes, so I'm guessing that when they split it, there are some scenes which they missed out that will be included.
    Forum Member
    This is not as funny as Tracy Beaker Returns, let alone The Story of Tracy Beaker.

Well, it's not exactly all about being funny as it's a drama, but I agree with the fact they could slip in a few funny moments time-to-time. Like with tonight: "Let's tell them the truth". "You got mugged?". :D

Also, never realised I'm past 5,000 posts! :D:o
    Forum Member
    I saw a synopsis for the fifth episode titled 'What Would Gus Want?' and it just seems ridiculous.
    The Dumping Ground is divided when a same-sex couple show an interest in fostering Gus. As Johnny and Elektra come to blows about whether gay couples should be allowed to adopt, Gus is in turmoil about leaving the Dumping Ground and father figure Mike behind.

Could you really expect them discussing these topics?
    Forum Member
    just remembered i'm lazy and i don't get up until 3pm:o... and to make matters even worse i can't record it coz i'm not at home:cry: