Shellac Nails

Butterfly8588Butterfly8588 Posts: 701
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi everyone,
I'm thinking about treating myself to a professional manicure and nail polish session cos I've never had one before and I've always wanted to.
I've recently heard of Shellac nails and I'm wondering if anyone's had them done and what they thought?
Thank you for your time.

Tale Care xx

Comments

• jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    I had them done for my last holiday. I was really pleased with them. I got the turquoise colour. I have really ridgey nails and the shellac covered it all up and made them look smooth. I didn't have a single chip the whole two weeks. I can't say how long they would have lasted cos I had to get it taken off for work. Definitely go for it!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always got shellac on my nails, I would highly recommend it. It can last upto 3 weeks without chips so it's well worth the money and isn't even that expensive.

I'm due to get it removed and redone later on today in fact! There's a good choice of colours, I've currently got red on.
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a huge fan of Shellac. It is so kind to the nails. When I get it removed my nails remain in optimum condition, which is a lot more than can be said about other systems. I normally get French tip, though occasionally I get a pink. My local nail salon has many different colours. I've been getting manicure+Shellac every three or four weeks for over a year. I also get my toenails Shellac'd as well, about every 6 weeks.

I would advise that one's nails need to be in decent condition to begin with, or else one will get peeling and chips in the Shellac a lot quicker.
  • littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would advise that one's nails need to be in decent condition to begin with, or else one will get peeling and chips in the Shellac a lot quicker.

Tis true, but if one's nails need an extra layer of strength, Brisa Lite Smoothing gel can be used underneath the Shellac. Brisa Lite gel was created to be used in conjunction with Shellac for this reason and is applied and removed in the same way (ie no damage to nail). Fab stuff, I can grow my nails really long using it.
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tis true, but if one's nails need an extra layer of strength, Brisa Lite Smoothing gel can be used underneath the Shellac. Brisa Lite gel was created to be used in conjunction with Shellac for this reason and is applied and removed in the same way (ie no damage to nail). Fab stuff, I can grow my nails really long using it.
    Ah, that's good news. But my pal who was getting Shellac gave up after she kept getting chips and having to go back to the salon a couple of days later so they could fix it. So my local salon are not offering this Brisa Lite...I should mention it to them next time I go in, so that my pal can go back to getting Shellac.
  • lovejerseyshorelovejerseyshore Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    <3 them