Tudors - The Next Generation.

Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think they should continue the tudors series after the death of HENRY VIII.

Edward would make a great character a series based n him, then Elizabeth then Mary.

I Think it will work, anyone else.

Comments

• MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    I think they should continue the tudors series after the death of HENRY VIII.

Edward would make a great character a series based n him, then Elizabeth then Mary.

I Think it will work, anyone else.

It is pointless to debate the idea of continuing now, when we know for a fact they are NOT going to do what you suggest (I don't if you were aware of that or not). It has already been announced what the producers of The Tudors are doing as their next project: another historical drama series called The Borgias. Jeremy Irons has been cast as the lead.
  • valdavalda Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    Can't wait to see The Borgias, they are a truly wicked cruel family. I wonder who will be Cesare and Lucrezia (sp) xv
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I hope it's better than the BBC's stab at The Borgias about 30 years ago, which was an absolute disaster.
    Forum Member
    valda wrote: »
    Can't wait to see The Borgias, they are a truly wicked cruel family. I wonder who will be Cesare and Lucrezia (sp) xv

Cesare will be played by a young Canadian actor named Francois Arnaud.

Lucrezia will be played by British actress Holliday Grainger. For people who saw the atrocious ITV series Demons, she played Ruby.

The mother of Cesare and Lucrezia, Vanossa, will be played by Joanne Walley.

Derek Jacobi will have a role in a couple of episodes, apparently.
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whoopie, more Sex and Violence.
    Forum Member
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Whoopie, more Sex and Violence.

Those things do tend to be part of history, you might have noticed.:rolleyes:
  • jde-tvjde-tv Posts: 4,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOOO! cant wait for the new show... best be good looking men and lots of sex :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They couldn't do it anyway as that would have involved Lady Jane Gray the nine day queen who had the throne after Edward -and in the Tudor Showtime universe she didn't exsist since Henry only had one sister and she died childless :eek::rolleyes::D .
  • Ms ScarlettMs Scarlett Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    Also, Mary, Queen of Scots doesn't exist as per Showtime, and she is part of the Elizabeth story......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, Mary, Queen of Scots doesn't exist as per Showtime, and she is part of the Elizabeth story......

Yep ,too many things were missed out of Showtime Tudors for a follow up to work which is a shame as I would love to see it .

I must add though that I do love The Tudors it is my fave tv programme I can't wait for series 4 to start.
  • pelicanopelicano Posts: 6,055
    Forum Member
    I would love to see what they made of Mary as queen. It would be nice to see a more 3-dimensional portrayal than the character most of us learn about at school.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valda wrote: »

I dont know much about the Borgias so I think I better read up before I see the show. As I am sure it will be just as factual as the Tudors and I would like to know which bits to take with a pinch of salt :p