ADULT Filth & redhotTV fail to appear

Ray CathodeRay Cathode Posts: 13,231
Forum Member
✭✭
LCN191 & 192 the Channel Five adult channels have failed to appear tonight and are just showing Mheg captions. Their timeshares are LCN31 FIVE USA & LCN30 FIVER. The first is showing a video caption (ie not Mheg as usual) and the latter is on black level. This tends to indicate that this is not a fault but a deliberate technical change away from the slappers. WTF?

I can only assume that they have been scrapped; perhaps they weren't making as much money as is generally believed. The other possibility is that after the Ofcon decision today against Playboy and TMTV 2, Channel Five might have decided to give up now rather than wait for the inevitable fine.

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Use the internet :D Are you that desperate? ;):p
  • daniel2015daniel2015 Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good spot ray!

It appears that one of the slots has been merged back into five usa as the off air graphic has failed to appear.

What is been shown at the minute is actually been broadcast on the stream.

Looks like the television x dial a babe channels are shutting down already.
    Forum Member
    daniel2015 wrote: »
    Looks like the television x dial a babe channels are shutting down already.

Might really be a good thing tbh. After all there's other options for those who want that kind of stuff ;) btw my last post was a joke one! :o:D
  • Ray CathodeRay Cathode Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Use the internet :D Are you that desperate? ;):p

It's all done for research purposes only (said Lord Longford).
    Forum Member

Ah yes... academic research eh? :D;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might really be a good thing tbh. After all there's other options for those who want that kind of stuff ;) btw my last post was a joke one! :o:D

I agree it is good news if they are closing as these channels should be banned on freeview as the platform is too open, lots of people tend to use freeview for there children's bedrooms and its not on that this rubbish is on there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We believe you:D:D:D Thousands wouldn't :D:D:D.............Joking.:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ray is there an in internet page I can read about the ofcom decision against playboy and tmtv 2 that you can link me to please.
    Forum Member
    I agree it is good news if they are closing as these channels should be banned on freeview as the platform is too open, lots of people tend to use freeview for there children's bedrooms and its not on that this rubbish is on there.

I always thought it was a bit strange that they were on it anyway? I suppose being in the 900s on the Sky EPG is probably better for these channels than somewhere on Freeview.
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

why are people putting tv in their kids bedrooms if they don't trust them. next they will be giving them unmonitored access to the internet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are more changes on Mux A. Gems TV has not appeared and is showing a Mheg caption along with Quest..

Also LCN93 Television X is unencrypted or FTA with a trailer.

At the time of writing there are only seven streams on Mux A in place of the normal ten.

All kinds of changes going on. Gems Tv has just returned. This must be some kind of technical reconfiguration of Mux A. Bit surprising so close to Christmas.

The eighth stream with red hot has just appeared.

All nine streams back now (ITV Preview 1 is the tenth and off air until 4am).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c4rv wrote: »
    why are people putting tv in their kids bedrooms if they don't trust them. next they will be giving them unmonitored access to the internet.

Well even in the living room it could be seen you cant watch kids 24 hours a day, I would not have a problem with them if they when pin protected like channel 96 is, the channels could dish the pins out for free.

Then there is the problem of the fact they are wasting limited freeview bandwidth there hardly ever seams to be out decent on freeview in the early hours, at 3am if your up like I am sometimes the choice seams to be teleshopping, shopping channels or adult channels.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    filth is back on the air as well, what a shame.
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was Red Hot not a TUTV channel?

It's probably the FTA ones that make money on DTT.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was Red Hot not a TUTV channel?

It's probably the FTA ones that make money on DTT.

Red hot on freeview shows a satellite channel called cream.

Someone should check the channel bit rates for mux A I wonder if they have been lowered to allow another stream.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If that was a technical cock up they will get roasted for putting out TVX without any access controls. When I looked at the transport stream it was unencrypted with no Mheg PIN layer. You can't tell what has happened, if anything, until all ten streams are going. At the mo there are only nine because the ex-CNN slot is blank.

I think Mux A is fed into SDN and half coded and then into FIVE to add the rest (or the other way around). Maybe this has been a reconfiguration with all ten streams being routed to SDN. I think the FIVE side went down, with the exception of ESPN. No doubt if it was deliberate, we will find out soon enough. The TVX stuff looked trivial like the 5 minute promo they put out, so maybe it was all planned.
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this is good news, I hope Fiver & Five USA use the space for something
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charnham wrote: »
    this is good news, I hope Fiver & Five USA use the space for something

If you read the thread properly you would know the channels returned and where not off air very long.
  • FloydoidFloydoid Posts: 377
    Forum Member
    Ah yes... academic research eh? :D;)

Yes we need to keep abreast of the situation. :D
    Forum Member
    Floydoid wrote: »
    Yes we need to keep abreast of the situation. :D

Well I guess it's important knowledge for some ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Well even in the living room it could be seen you cant watch kids 24 hours a day, I would not have a problem with them if they when pin protected like channel 96 is, the channels could dish the pins out for free.

Then there is the problem of the fact they are wasting limited freeview bandwidth there hardly ever seams to be out decent on freeview in the early hours, at 3am if your up like I am sometimes the choice seams to be teleshopping, shopping channels or adult channels.

With pretty much every modern Freeview box you can pin protect any channel you want anyway.

How about parents actually take some responsibility, use the features the box actually provides, and lock out those channels so junior cannot watch them.
  • slackereconomyslackereconomy Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    junior probably has a computer and a 3g phone so he would turn his nose up at tvx anyway
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More Mux A changes were noticed in London today. Without warning in the middle of a Star Trek episode, Channel One and QUEST were reduced to a caption each, plus the TUTV Anytime 3 stream went off. About 5 minutes later they reappeared one by one. I managed to record the mux over this period. No changes have been noticed but it seems more like technical adjustments rather than a fault now. In particular TUTV was not broadcasting anything on Anytime 3. I guess we'll be seeing some changes on Mux A after Xmas. I'm just surprised that they are playing around with the Mux when it should be locked down for Christmas. Not very professional but I suppose it is ITV.
  • DAVE02DAVE02 Posts: 1,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My guest is that they mite be geting ready to put channel one back to 24 hours. but i could be wrong
  • lovedoctor1978lovedoctor1978 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DAVE02 wrote: »
    My guest is that they mite be geting ready to put channel one back to 24 hours. but i could be wrong

:confused: For the whole week before it shuts down?