Emmerdale - Who is Elizabeth?

riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
Forum Member
✭✭
Maybe I have missed something, but I am completely puzzled as to who Elizabeth is who is apparently an admirer of Eric Pollard and is supposed to be coming to stay at the B&B for Christmas! :confused:

Comments

• -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I wanna know!

Spoilers please someone :D
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elizabeth was Erics wife, he was going to kill her the night of plane crash years ago, she was going to expose his fiddling and he was about to do her in but the plane crashed and wrecked the village and if i recall she ended up crushed in one of the cottages, she also at a couple of kids i think the boy was called mark it was a long time ago and ive had a few vodkas but basically Elizabeth was pollards wife.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks tenchgirl! :)
  • valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    That is correct, tenchgirl!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pleasure :)
  • sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was his first wife - and she is dead - died years ago in the plane crash, although there was always a little bit of a mystery surrounding her death that maybe eric had killed her.
    She had 2 kids
    Elsa - who is supposedly in Austrailia.
    Michael - who believed that Eric had killed his mother.
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    Elizabeth was Erics wife, he was going to kill her the night of plane crash years ago, she was going to expose his fiddling and he was about to do her in but the plane crashed and wrecked the village and if i recall she ended up crushed in one of the cottages, she also at a couple of kids i think the boy was called mark it was a long time ago and ive had a few vodkas but basically Elizabeth was pollards wife.

Thanks for that! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    I think Eric did kill her, they were argueing in their cottage and he was planning to kill her, then the plane crashed, Elizabeths body was found outside in a field - I always said he did it!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sheepies right wasnt elsa a dark haired girl, and wasnt their name feldman? I was just think that was bloody years ago that plain crash, Annie Sugden was just leaving.
  • sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    Sheepies right wasnt elsa a dark haired girl, and wasnt their name feldman? I was just think that was bloody years ago that plain crash, Annie Sugden was just leaving.

Yep Elsa had dark hair & their surname was Feldman.

Can't remember who the father of the child was, think maybe Nick (Kathy's brother), cos Kathy moved out to Australia to be closer to her neice.
  • M. GambittM. Gambitt Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    Yes it was Nick and he ended up in prison after shooting a poacher up at home farm, he was the gamekeeper up there.
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad they're returning to this storyline - I hope it isn't just that silly little girl who's living with Val and Pollard playing tricks on Eric though that would be a huge anti-climax. Although i doubt Elizabeth is actually still alive.

And I always believed that he murdered her but liked the fact it was never confirmed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad they're returning to this storyline - I hope it isn't just that silly little girl who's living with Val and Pollard playing tricks on Eric though that would be a huge anti-climax. Although i doubt Elizabeth is actually still alive.

And I always believed that he murdered her but liked the fact it was never confirmed.

I think Amy will become involved somehow, but not in the way you envisage.

I predict she'll realise Eric is keeping a secret from Val and use that to blackmail him into letting her stay.
  • Juls_HJuls_H Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elsa had a baby called Alice with Nick Bates.

Kathy used to visit Australia to see Alice.
  • 7 Network7 Network Posts: 2,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The actor who played Elizabeth's son Michael is returing to the show, so could be a good storyline
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Eric clearly killed Elizabeth on the night of the plane crash.

She was babysitting Alice in Nick's cottage when Eric was seen going to see her ... and her body was found her in a field. He killed her, but the way they do it in soaps, as that was nearly 20 years ago they've probably changed history and decided he didn't.

I wonder if the writers ever remember Pollard isn't his real name. It's Pollack, and the woman married to him - Mrs Pollack - turned up after the crash cos she saw his picture in the paper, so found out where he was. I think he'd walked out on her years before - I can't remember the reason for him changing his name, but it was obviously dodgy in some way!
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member

Ha! Well her body was found in a field and she had a funeral, but this being a soap, they might resurrect her! lol
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Being dead and buried is no obstacle to a 'soap return'.:rolleyes::cool:
  • skf1skf1 Posts: 7,857
    Forum Member

It's Not - Michael Feldman - Elizabeths son is returning.
    One more thing stop putting the name Elsa out there! Last thing I want! Could never stand her!

Steph
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Basically, Elizabeth died in the plane crash (but it was hinted that Eric did a John Stape and killed her and then hid her body amongst the crash), apparently her son is sending the letters (wonder if Amy is a grand-daughter?)
  • KMXKMX Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Michael will end up tormenting Pollard enough that he'll finally admit to Elizabeth's murder, I definitely think he murdered her that night and planted her body. I love that they're returning to this storyline, not sure why Michael Feldman would leave it so long and only come back now though.

I don't think Amy is connected to this at all but she may become entwined somehow. Maybe she hear's Eric confession?

Elsa was a horrible character, Kathy looked after Alice when Nick went to prison until Elsa (as a new actress) came back and eventually took Alice to Australia with her which prompted Kathy to move out there herself.

All I remember about Elizabeth is her always sitting in front of a typewriter in Pollard's old house!
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KMX wrote: »
    I think Michael will end up tormenting Pollard enough that he'll finally admit to Elizabeth's murder, I definitely think he murdered her that night and planted her body. I love that they're returning to this storyline, not sure why Michael Feldman would leave it so long and only come back now though.

I don't think Amy is connected to this at all but she may become entwined somehow. Maybe she hear's Eric confession?

Elsa was a horrible character, Kathy looked after Alice when Nick went to prison until Elsa (as a new actress) came back and eventually took Alice to Australia with her which prompted Kathy to move out there herself.

All I remember about Elizabeth is her always sitting in front of a typewriter in Pollard's old house!

I think she may be, as another poster has said above she could be Michael's daughter. Michael left shortly after his mothers death in 1994 and that Amy girl is meant to be about 16 so her age fits with the theory that should could be Elizabeth's granddaughter born to Michael not long after he left the village.

And i agree about Elsa, she was a right bitch to Nick and Kathy. In the end she was award custody of Alice over Kathy who'd raised the girl nearly her whole life because Elsa couldnt be bothered.
  • M. GambittM. Gambitt Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=KMX;46822417

All I remember about Elizabeth is her always sitting in front of a typewriter in Pollard's old house![/QUOTE]

Yeah thats funny cause thats all i remember her doing too!!
  • lovedoctor1978lovedoctor1978 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Juls_H wrote: »
    Elsa had a baby called Alice with Nick Bates.

Kathy used to visit Australia to see Alice.

Alice? Who the **** is Alice?
    :o Sorry, couldnt resist!
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    I don't think Amy has anything to do with Michael but something could happen where she gets involved, either she overhears or sees something.