Options

EE - Deano Wicks/Matt Di Angelo - appreciation thread

Comments

• Options
    Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    He's stunning. I always thought he was good looking but he defines gorgeous now! Going by twitter, I think Matt will definitely win Sexiest Male at next year's BSAs :)

He is and that face is just beautiful, classically attractive and well-proportioned.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    BIB: Yeh I guess it's more likely to be that. I do wonder what his plans are, I agree about Matt he doesn't need to say anything you can tell from his facial expression what he is thinking. I prefer this Dean, I like how he has matured and not scared to say what he thinks.

I hope they're going to focus on his business for a bit and then have him back with the Carters. I like how we're slowly seeing him reconnect with Walford. I hope we see some more scenes with him and Denise and Patrick too.

I agree, I think he's a lot more mature now and won't take anything from anyone - unlike Deano who was walked all over.

Can't wait to see him interact with Stacey - that is going to be really interesting.
    Chris Mark wrote: »
    He is and that face is just beautiful, classically attractive and well-proportioned.

Yeh he doesn't need to try hard, he's just naturally gorgeous :)
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's stunning. I always thought he was good looking but he defines gorgeous now! Going by twitter, I think Matt will definitely win Sexiest Male at next year's BSAs :)

I think in the past Matt has shown bemusement at the idea of being Sexiest Male- he said a few years ago he'd rather get an acting award.

I suspect he WILL get sexiest male next year, & to my knowledge it'll be the first award he's gotten so he cant complain!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    I think in the past Matt has shown bemusement at the idea of being Sexiest Male- he said a few years ago he'd rather get an acting award.

I suspect he WILL get sexiest male next year, & to my knowledge it'll be the first award he's gotten so he cant complain!!

Yeh I think it would be the first. I hope he would get an acting award too :)
  • Options
    MelWMelW Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    One of the spoilers for the salon opening questions his motives for opening the salon. Not sure what motives he could have apart from the enjoyment of taking money Stan had given to Mick but prob linked to his comment about not staying long.

Given the hatred he directed at Shirley the other day I don't think he's forgiven her yet either. Be interesting to see what develops.

Anyone have any clue as to how long Matt is sticking around? Hopefully longer than 6 months!

I'm looking forward to seeing him interact with non-Carters though I did enjoy his scenes with Tina. The Salon is a great way to get him involved with other characters. Wonder which female he'll pull first!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MelW wrote: »
    One of the spoilers for the salon opening questions his motives for opening the salon. Not sure what motives he could have apart from the enjoyment of taking money Stan had given to Mick but prob linked to his comment about not staying long.

Given the hatred he directed at Shirley the other day I don't think he's forgiven her yet either. Be interesting to see what develops.

Anyone have any clue as to how long Matt is sticking around? Hopefully longer than 6 months!

I'm looking forward to seeing him interact with non-Carters though I did enjoy his scenes with Tina. The Salon is a great way to get him involved with other characters. Wonder which female he'll pull first!

I guess his motives are to do with meddling with the Carters, although I'm not exactly sure how. Dean seems very different to the one we saw talking to Stan about cheating on his girlfriends and stealing mobile phones....

In the interview he did with The Sun's TV magazine a few weeks ago, it said that Matt had signed the 'standard 1 year contract' so I guess it depends how it goes. I hope he stays for a long time. It's interesting trying to guess what actors will do - once young actors become jobbing actors and then go back into a full-time role, do they prefer the stability or do they crave another role?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I guess his motives are to do with meddling with the Carters, although I'm not exactly sure how. Dean seems very different to the one we saw talking to Stan about cheating on his girlfriends and stealing mobile phones....

In the interview he did with The Sun's TV magazine a few weeks ago, it said that Matt had signed the 'standard 1 year contract' so I guess it depends how it goes. I hope he stays for a long time. It's interesting trying to guess what actors will do - once young actors become jobbing actors and then go back into a full-time role, do they prefer the stability or do they crave another role?

Well he did seem to decide to accept Stan's money when he realised it was money he'd lent Mick! So either meddling or realising it would annoy Shirley!

That's good to know thanks - a year is better than 6 months. Let's hope he gets interesting storylines to entice him to stay longer. A lot of young actors leave to try new things but he's been doing that the last few years and has returned so here's hoping for a long stint. I think if they get interesting storylines they are more likely to stay - plenty of decent actors/characters seem to leave because of this.
  • Options
    andreas_eastendandreas_eastend Posts: 3,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so he signed a 1 year contract? that's most excelenté :D I love his return so far, and with the salon opening he gets to interact with other characters too. :)

one of the things i love about him, is that he's a barber now. a totally unexpected path from his last stint- if memory serves... :) can't wait to we find out what he has been up to in those years away.

i really look forward to him meeting stacey again :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    so he signed a 1 year contract? that's most excelenté :D I love his return so far, and with the salon opening he gets to interact with other characters too. :)

one of the things i love about him, is that he's a barber now. a totally unexpected path from his last stint- if memory serves... :) can't wait to we find out what he has been up to in those years away.

i really look forward to him meeting stacey again :D
    Yes I like that he's spent time getting a skill. And like you say it's a good excuse for him to interact with a range of characters.

I am sure that Stacey will start working there so it will be interesting to see how their relationship develops. Friends first though as I think Stacey should be single for a while.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, I'd prefer it if Stacey and Dean were friends for a while. They kind of were in their first stints, so that could be built on.

I also agree that I love that he's a hairdresser. It's so unexpected yet brilliant. Can't wait to see him with his salon. I also think that he only accepted Stan's money because it would cause problems. However, I don't believe that he doesn't want to stick around - I think that he may think that, but deep down he doesn't mean it - why rent a room in a flat and open a business if you're not intending on staying?
  • Options
    andreas_eastendandreas_eastend Posts: 3,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ exactly. he's showing all signs of staying in Albert Square.

regarding stacey, yes- i would love to see them first as friends and then slowly build to a romance. i long for that in soaps nowadays, and i can definitely see Matt/Dean as a romantic leading man with a mystique soul about him- an anti hero :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^ exactly. he's showing all signs of staying in Albert Square.

regarding stacey, yes- i would love to see them first as friends and then slowly build to a romance. i long for that in soaps nowadays, and i can definitely see Matt/Dean as a romantic leading man with a mystique soul about him- an anti hero :D

Yeh I agree. A slow build up would be good. I wonder if Luke is going to come back (if the rumours are true about DTC wanting Matt Willis back)?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure he is intending on staying at this point. Sure he's opening a business but at the moment his intentions seem to be to cause problems/ annoy Shirley. It might not be until it opens and he enjoys his work that he realises it's worth being near his mother for. If he gets close to Whitney or Stacey it will also make it worth it. It only occurred to me yesterday that Whitney's surname is Dean!
  • Options
    Cass_VurtokCass_Vurtok Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    Thank you for the warm welcome Sez_Babe :)

I also would love to see a reunion between Stacey and Dean - so much has happened in their lives since they last saw one another!! They really have a lot to catch up on. I'm sure it will happen.

Loved the banter between Tina and Dean last night - though I take it Tosh isn't going to be one bit impressed! I also like the pairing of Dean and Stan - I think they work well together and bounce off one another very well!

And ooh, great news that Mr di Angelo has signed up for a year!! A year of gazing at his handsome face every night on EastEnders, yes please!! Makes up for losing the gorgeous Gary Lucy/Danny earlier in the year :)

But of course it's not just his ultra-sexiness alone that I really like Dean/Matt for, he's a great actor, and Dean is a very interesting character - can't wait to see what's in store for him in the near future!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But of course it's not just his ultra-sexiness alone that I really like Dean/Matt for, he's a great actor, and Dean is a very interesting character - can't wait to see what's in store for him in the near future!
    Yes I agree with this - I do think he is a great actor too (I don't understand why he gets criticised). Dean is certainly an interesting character and has loads of potential. I always find the 'damaged' characters a lot more interesting and this only adds to his attractiveness (hopefully that doesn't make me sound odd!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the warm welcome Sez_Babe :)

I also would love to see a reunion between Stacey and Dean - so much has happened in their lives since they last saw one another!! They really have a lot to catch up on. I'm sure it will happen.

Loved the banter between Tina and Dean last night - though I take it Tosh isn't going to be one bit impressed! I also like the pairing of Dean and Stan - I think they work well together and bounce off one another very well!

And ooh, great news that Mr di Angelo has signed up for a year!! A year of gazing at his handsome face every night on EastEnders, yes please!! Makes up for losing the gorgeous Gary Lucy/Danny earlier in the year :)

No problem :)

I agree, Dean is very interesting - I think the next few months are going to be very interesting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been lovely seeing Dean back in the Square. I thought they were going to introduce all guns blazing but it's been quite a quiet affair. I don't really care about him and Stacey as a couple. I am more interested in Dean and Whitney as a couple. Stacey has had a fair share of popular male characters and I would like for Whitney to share more screen time with Dean. They will be great together. Dean and Stacey can be a fling or just friends but Whitney and Dean should be endgame. There's a reason her name is Whitney Dean. It's like Alfie and Kat with Alfie being her Man in the Moon.

Also, it's very sad that Shirley is not trying to make the effort to get to know Dean. It's no wonder he's so close to Stan as he is the only that really bothers or cares. Shirley sucks at the moment. Focus on your Prodigal son!
  • Options
    Cass_VurtokCass_Vurtok Posts: 187
    Forum Member

I agree, Dean is very interesting - I think the next few months are going to be very interesting.

I think so too, look at all the drama he's caused already, meddling in Tosh and Auntie Tina's relationship, the naughty boy! He's certainly going to shake a few things up (and has started to do so already!).
    MelW wrote: »
    Yes I agree with this - I do think he is a great actor too (I don't understand why he gets criticised). Dean is certainly an interesting character and has loads of potential. I always find the 'damaged' characters a lot more interesting and this only adds to his attractiveness (hopefully that doesn't make me sound odd!)

Not odd at all, I totally agree! He's a great actor, and I love Dean's character, I had to laugh at his mischievous smile as he told Tosh, "Tina's right, you're needy!" Am I alone in thinking that his mischievous smile made him look all the more attractive (or is it just me? *hides in embarrassment*). And yep, I find the damaged characters very interesting, finding out the back story as to why they are damaged, and seeing them progress and the "journey" their character goes on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9i89KHVSAPFO4ZoKbGXl2g

This is a great youtube channel that has Dean's scenes from all his episodes and even some from 2006 :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oooh I wonder who this person will play:

Matt Di'angelo ‏@matt_diangelo ·
    Nice flex of the acting muscles today with @iamDavidAjala beers soon brother.

I assume they're talking about Eastenders :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    According to twitter, Matt worked with Lauren and Jacqueline (Abi and Lauren) the other day and is working working with Sam and Danny (Johnny and Mick) today :D
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooh I wonder who this person will play:

I assume they're talking about Eastenders :)

David Ajala is working on a US show called Black Box at the moment and has recently been in some US films. It's very unlikely he'll be in Eastenders.

I'd imagine they're friendly from a film they worked on together a while back. Could just be that they were hanging out and running some lines together or maybe they were doing a read through for something.

Am i right in thinking there's no Dean till Friday?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    David Ajala is working on a US show called Black Box at the moment and has recently been in some US films. It's very unlikely he'll be in Eastenders.

I'd imagine they're friendly from a film they worked on together a while back. Could just be that they were hanging out and running some lines together or maybe they were doing a read through for something.

Am i right in thinking there's no Dean till Friday?

OK :)

No, we see him tomorrow, Wednesday and Friday and then all three episodes next week, where according to the cast list he is down for the duff duff on Friday 27th :D
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK :)

No, we see him tomorrow, Wednesday and Friday and then all three episodes next week, where according to the cast list he is down for the duff duff on Friday 27th :D

Ah okay, thanks Sez. I thought when i read the cast lists he wasn't on them but it must have been last week's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah okay, thanks Sez. I thought when i read the cast lists he wasn't on them but it must have been last week's.