Breaking news: Phones bend if you bend them

1414243444547»

Comments

• swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    No he hasn't sat on it that would not constitute 'normal' use would it, is this now the level of ridiculous debate we have to plummet to :o .... Are you prepared or not to answer the question, saying he is not lying but then claiming he could have sat on it or some other bizarre method is not an answer.

This heavily 'pro apple' journo may not know the exact cause because it happened during normal use, nothing major or identifiable (such as sitting on it :confused:). Do you accept that this bent during normal use, simple yes or no. I have asked three times now with no answer.

I would disagree with your last statement.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calico_pie wrote: »
    ..No, I'm not saying he's lying, but he doesn't seem to know when or how it happened either:...
    If you follow all the stuff on the 5 and 5s near enough no one knows how it happened.

They mainly find out when it gets put on a flat surface such as glass table. Can you not grasp that?
  • jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people aren't going to change their view that ending up with a bent phone is user negligence.

Given other phones are getting thinner, so bending may become a big issue full stop, not just for Apple, I trust that it any other phone has similar issues that nobody who defended Apple will dare mention the others either.
    Forum Member
    A little sad really that some would rather make themselves look ludicrous rather than admit simple facts, fascinating to watch people so in love with a company :o
  • floozie_21floozie_21 Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've come across two iPhone 6's this week which have bent. One friend opened up the box to her brand new phone to discover a large bend in it (I'm assuming someone took it back and it somehow got repackaged to her as she hadn't even switched the thing on).

The other is my OH's friend who had his phone in his back pocket whilst on a night out last night and got home to discover it had been bent.

If I'm honest, I thought the stories of bent iPhones were donuts forcibly trying to bend them until I saw these two incidents!

Probably won't stop me buying one though!
  • kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swordman wrote: »
    A little sad really that some would rather make themselves look ludicrous rather than admit simple facts, fascinating to watch people so in love with a company :o

It's very sad that someone would make themselves look ludicrous and make stuff up just because they have such an irrational hate of a company.
    Forum Member
    CP has sent his sidekick in I see.

Top form as usual I see from DS's now most boring poster
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's got to the point now where I don't even read Calico_Pie or kidspud posts because they both act like they've got some kind of mental disability like autism or asperger's where they get emotional and irate at anyone who says anything that they don't like about Apple, even fellow Apple fans who talk about things they don't like about Apple get whole essays and 100 bullet points about why they're wrong etc.

You two need help, even if it's just with moving your bedroom furniture out of your parents basements.
  • ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    floozie_21 wrote: »
    I've come across two iPhone 6's this week which have bent. One friend opened up the box to her brand new phone to discover a large bend in it (I'm assuming someone took it back and it somehow got repackaged to her as she hadn't even switched the thing on).

The other is my OH's friend who had his phone in his back pocket whilst on a night out last night and got home to discover it had been bent.

If I'm honest, I thought the stories of bent iPhones were donuts forcibly trying to bend them until I saw these two incidents!

Probably won't stop me buying one though!

This is why Apple will always sell millions. They produce rubbish, yet people will still buy their products. Why would you buy a phone, with a known problem? Why not at least wait, until this issue has been addressed by Apple and buy a phone that wont bend as easily?
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's got to the point now where I don't even read Calico_Pie or kidspud posts because they both act like they've got some kind of mental disability like autism or asperger's where they get emotional and irate at anyone who says anything that they don't like about Apple, even fellow Apple fans who talk about things they don't like about Apple get whole essays and 100 bullet points about why they're wrong etc.

You two need help, even if it's just with moving your bedroom furniture out of your parents basements.

I'm not emotional or irate. Nor do I live in my parent's basement.

If you could explain what exactly is irrational about the suggestion that we simply don't really know quite how easily the phones get bent, that might be a little more constructive.

For example, would you agree or disagree with this:

If phones are getting bent through typical everyday use....

And pretty much every iPhone 6 will be subject to typical everyday use....

Then it stands to reason that pretty much every iPhone 6 owner will end up with a bent phone.
    Forum Member
    You ignore all questions and rationale and just post the same stuff post after post, even when people tell you on here how idiotic you look. Truly amazing :o
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    calico_pie wrote: »
    I'm not emotional or irate. Nor do I live in my parent's basement.

If you could explain what exactly is irrational about the suggestion that we simply don't really know quite how easily the phones get bent, that might be a little more constructive.

For example, would you agree or disagree with this:

If phones are getting bent through typical everyday use....

And pretty much every iPhone 6 will be subject to typical everyday use....

Then it stands to reason that pretty much every iPhone 6 owner will end up with a bent phone.

My theory is this:- People who wear tight jeans are the ones having a problem. The force that would be exerted on the phone would be much more than a normal pair of breeks. That said, it seems to be happening more to iphones which is where i would suggest there IS a defect of some sort.

However, whatever the cause, its happening. Fact.

You sitting on here day after day trying to tell people its not and if it is, they probably did it deliberately, is just stupid. I suggest you give up now.
  • floozie_21floozie_21 Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ACU wrote: »
    This is why Apple will always sell millions. They produce rubbish, yet people will still buy their products. Why would you buy a phone, with a known problem? Why not at least wait, until this issue has been addressed by Apple and buy a phone that wont bend as easily?

Because I like Apple. I have an Android phone for work and can't get on with it at all.

I have no plans to upgrade just yet as I have a baby on the way and therefore more important things to spend my money on. I just won't let the issue worry me as the chances of it happening are slim.

It's like telling people not to get on a plane in case it crashes.
  • Larry_KirstenLarry_Kirsten Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Stiggles wrote: »

You sitting on here day after day trying to tell people its not and if it is, they probably did it deliberately, is just stupid. I suggest you give up now.

Never! He will never give up... he is the Apple equivalent of Sparta!

Never surrender Calico... keep fighting the good fight!!!
This discussion has been closed.