Justin Timberlake

Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,987
Forum Member
Obviously he releases music so far apart I've not seen what people's opinion of him as a singer/performer. So yeah basically, what do people think of his music, his performances etc.

For me he was the best male artist of the noughties despite only releasing two albums in the decade and he, from what I've seen, always puts on a great show.

Comments

• Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,987
    Forum Member
    I guess the overriding opinion was Justin Timber-Who Cares!
  • TR252TR252 Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    One of my favourite ever artists and one of the best live performers I've ever seen. I've been lucky enough to see him live twice this year and he's just incredible.

Hope it's not another 7 years until his next album/tour!
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess the overriding opinion was Justin Timber-Who Cares!
    They're too busy in the Cheryl Cole and Britney Spears appreciation threads :D
  • LMLM Posts: 63,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like him a lot. Good voice. Always puts on a good show. Fantastic songs.
  • ~Jane~~Jane~ Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love him. Mirrors is my favourite song of the past five years.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's good at what he does: An all-round performer. I'm fond of quite a few of his songs but he's not exceptional in my eyes.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A decent all round performer but I think his voice is limited in terms of range.
  • Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's very talented but doesn't seem very motivated for music anymore. I think he seems more into acting and behind the scenes stuff now, which is fair enough. His last album was a bit hit and miss for me, bar the singles I wasn't really impressed with the rest of it.

Is he making another album or taking another break? Does anyone know?
    Forum Member
    I think he just likes to make music as and when he feels creative enough to do it. He would rather put out an album every five years that he loves than rush one out every two years.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Love him. He, along with Beyonce, Kanye and Jay-Z are THE artists I grew up with.

He absolutely surpassed all expectations when I saw him at V Fest this year. Such an amazing live performer with a timeless discography. Whilst Volume 2 isn't AS great, personally I think 20/20 Experience Volume 1 is pretty much a flawless body of work.

I hope we don't have to wait quite so long for him to get back to the music, BUT if that's what it takes to get him inspired and drop yet another amazing record then what will be will be. He's worth the wait!
    Forum Member
    I quite like that he doesn't just release music for the sake of doing it. There seems to be real thought behind his music, I suppose that comes partially through writing and co-producing his music.

Id love for a new album to be released in 2015/16 but I doubt it will come that quick. I think a Beyonce/Justin collaboration album would be great and I hope that a Legends Of Summer II Tour happens with Justin, Beyonce and Jay.

A Setlist like:

Justin
    * Like I Love You
    * Rock Your Body/Señorita
    * Sexyback
    * My Love
    * What Goes Around
    * Take Back The Night
    * Mirrors
    * Suit & Tie (with Jay-Z)

Jay
    * Holy Grail (with Justin)
    * Izzo (H.O.V.A)
    * Excuse Me Miss
    * 99 Problems
    * Hard Knock Life
    * Empire State Of Mind
    * N****s In Paris
    * 03 Bonnie & Clyde (with Beyoncé)

Beyonce
    * Déjà Vu (Jay rap only)/Crazy In Love (with Jay)
    * Baby Boy/Naughty Girl
    * Irreplaceable
    * If I Were A Boy
    * XO
    * Love On Top
    * Drunk In Love/Run The World
    * Single Ladies

Encore
    *N Sync & DC Medley (Justin & Beyonce)
    *Until The End Of Time (Justin & Beyonce)
    * Ain't Nothin Like The Real Thing (Justin & Beyonce)
    * Cry Me A River (Justin)
    * Halo (Beyoncé)
    * Run This Town (Jay Z, Justin & Beyonce)

Could be amazing! They need to get it sorted