Ashes To Ashes Series 3 Speculation Thread (spoilers in tags) (Part 2)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 485
Forum Member

filmfan7 wrote: »
Best Mate wrote: »

Or the scarecrow falls on his head as he is about to shoot everyone!:)

even better, never mind Gene, Jim's bullets bend in the air, spin round and hit him! that would get a laugh! :D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Now no-one will get post 6620:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    From p.239:
    filmfan7 wrote: »
    Its gonna be an emotional hour! :cry:wonder what the Wham record is ? was thinking of the appropriate "wake me up before you go go ! but thats 1984! could be "bad boys"

How about: "Nothing Looks The Same in The Light*

I watch you breathe,
    I cannot sleep,
    I touch your hair,
    I kiss your skin,
    And hope the morning sun won't wake you too soon.
    For when you wake,
    And look at me,
    You never know,
    You just might see,
    Another boy who crept in your room...
    Take your time...(that's what you told me),
    Take your time...
    But I fell head first, and I just don't know what to do.

Chorus:
    Nothing looks the same in the light,
    Only a fool like me would take to heart,
    The things you said you meant last night.
    I'll keep my feet firm on the ground.
    There's danger in a stranger,
    With a warm hand and a kiss so right.
    It's been a pleasure, - see you around...

I watch the sun,
    Upon the sheets.
    I hear a car,
    Out on the street,
    And gently pull you close, it's over too soon.
    What can I do,
    But wait and see,
    Hold on to you,
    Please stay with me,
    Because you're the first, and I want to stay here with you.

(repeat chorus to fade)

:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member

Haha! :p Spoilsports!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Woah, i was panicking then, ended up in an infinate loop as the link from the original thread brought me here but then this thread was closed with only 1 post but the link in here to another continuation thread took me back to the 1st thread! :eek:

Phew, normality has been restored! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    Oh no, new thread :cry: RIP old one.
    Forum Member
    I liked the old thread, why go to the effort of closing it and making a whole new one when the other one was a perfectly good thread, mr (or mrs) moderator lol, unless it causes database problems having such long threads, who knows, i dont understand vB, or IPB, or, phpBB, or whatever this board is lol, im a zetaboards kinda guy. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    At least we have an entire thread based around the very last episode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    A new thread. Things just will never be the same again.
    RIP old thread. Ashes to Ashes coming to a close next week.
    New beginnings. Things are moving forward.

So here is some more 80's music to cheer you guys up.
    The following track came out in 1981. Enjoy :cool:

Ashes to Ashes ftw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7R7q1lSZfs
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    I wonder if that was the longest thread they ever had?

Just seen Ray's LOM moment in ep 3. Have to do one ep a night until friday.
    I like the LOM moments going to find Chris' before I pack in for the night
    :yawn:
  • Little GeniusLittle Genius Posts: 116
    Forum Member

gutted...it was becoming my dream x

do you think they waited to do it during 80's bbc2 night because they knew we'd all be watching telly?

sneaky x
    Forum Member
    Copied from the original thread...

For anyone who wants to hear just the LOM moments again without having to scan through whole episodes on iplayer, here they are in mp3 format.....

Shaz

Ray

Chris
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster.

I've been watching series 2 again, and it's very interesting to see the information the gypsy woman gives to Gene.

About 19 minutes, 55 seconds into it she says to Gene something like

"Your fate is connected with the fate of many others"

"The hanged man tells me that you have power... a power that you'll soon be forced to give up"

THEN

"You give up your power to a Tyler!" Gene looks shocked!

What can this mean? Hmmmmmm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    WOW finally caught up. Taken me a solid 3hrs of reading. Guess it's time for bed now, with lots to keep my brain busy. See you all tomorrow x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Got all confused there. I miss the old thread!!:cry: Is there any reason why the other thread was closed, just too long perhaps??

Yeah, aww I was hoping some one would get it!!
    locksley78 wrote: »

I've been watching series 2 again, and it's very interesting to see the information the gypsy woman gives to Gene.

"The hanged man tells me that you have power... a power that you'll soon be forced to give up"

THEN

That bit always confuses me, aww it makes me nervous for the final!! :(
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its going to be a long wait till friday
  • sweet cheekssweet cheeks Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What if this is all about havesting and donating organs to others in order to save their lives. The reason I have for coming up with this is the 'soul noise' that has been heard could be interpretated as a person exhaling whenever they are taken off life support machine. I remember seeing this on a film once and it does sound like the person exhales as the machine is turned off and they die, although it is actually the machine making the exhaling sound.

Alex, Gene, Ray, Shaz and Chris are all on life support and their organs will be or have been donated to save others' lives.

Keats is 'the organ havester' - in the ;real world' he's a doctor - perhaps an unscrupulous one who is being paid money to obtain organs to order for the rich people of the world, like that film from the 70's called Coma with Michael Douglas.

The conversation Chris had with Tobias on the bench was interesting and supported this theory as Tobias said to Chris paraphrasing "I was weak but you gave me life". Like Chris had done a good deed in giving his organs to Tobias in order for him to keep living. I'm pretty sure Gene mentioned something about being weak as well.

Hmmm well it's just another theory to add to the many many other ones! Tis fun though!

edited to add; I just watched this bit again and Tobias actually says to Chris "I want to thank you, I was weary and you gave me life". Then when Shaz tells Chris in the bar she's really proud of him he has his LOM moment as his good deed is done! ooohhh what's it all about????
  • Weeping DreamsWeeping Dreams Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What if this is all about havesting and donating organs to others in order to save their lives. The reason I have for coming up with this is the 'soul noise' that has been heard could be interpretated as a person exhaling whenever they are taken off life support machine. I remember seeing this on a film once and it does sound like the person exhales as the machine is turned off and they die, although it is actually the machine making the exhaling sound.

Alex, Gene, Ray, Shaz and Chris are all on life support and their organs will be or have been donated to save others' lives.

Keats is 'the organ havester' - in the ;real world' he's a doctor - perhaps an unscrupulous one who is being paid money to obtain organs to order to the rich, like that film from the 70's called Coma with Michael Douglas).

The conversation Chris had with Tobias on the bench was interesting and supported this theory as Tobias said to Chris paraphrasing "I was weak but you gave me life".
    I'm pretty sure Gene mentioned something about being weak as well.

Hmmm well it's just another theory to add to the many many other ones! Tis fun though!

:D Genius.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Ooo er. Did anyone else see stars and hear voices before landing in here????? ;)

I've been reading the last letter from Keats to 'Nick'. I'll spoiler these in case people are avoiding reading them...
    In the letter, Keats says " as I type this in the dawn light "... It occurred to me that the dawn star, or Venus, is also known as Lucifer.

"Forgive the melodramatics. I blame my father. Such a sucker for the theatrical flourish." .........reminds me very much of some sections in the book Good Omens (Pratchett and Gaiman), where an Angel and a Demon are discussing God's tendency towards melodrama with burning bushes etc.

Keats also mentions using his trusty Imperial i.e. the typewriter. The use of the term 'trusty' (although the letter actually says 'trust', which I assume is a typo) implies that he's had the machine for a long time. The Imperial company was bought out by Litton in 1966 and stopped making typewriters in 1974. Might this suggest that he may have come through from the past, rather than the future?

A thought drifted through my mind last night. We assume that the LOM moments are possibly happening to allow the trapped soul to move on. What if
    they are to allow the soul to stay with Gene?

Will the end be Ray, Chris and Shaz choosing to remain in Gene's world? Will Alex want to stay too, but will Gene send her back, knowing that she should return 'home'....
    I think I'm going to need 10 boxes of tissues.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member

THEN.

Snap! I've just been watching that one and was thinking the same.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Have to do one ep a night until friday.

Good luck.

I've just made it through the end of LoM. Episode 1 of A2A now playing.

Only another 22 episodes to fit in between now and Friday 9pm! :D

Re LoM moments, wonder if Sam had one, given that the tune was playing when he went up to the rooftop at the end of the series? No Nelson though.
  • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the old thread, why go to the effort of closing it and making a whole new one when the other one was a perfectly good thread, mr (or mrs) moderator lol, unless it causes database problems having such long threads, who knows, i dont understand vB, or IPB, or, phpBB, or whatever this board is lol, im a zetaboards kinda guy. :D

Surely NOT ANOTHER THREAD!!! ...highly confusing :D more loose threads now then a broken down Singer sewing machine! :):).perhaps weve time warped the DS computer!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    This is just to do with the free masons. Ray played the Tyler...it's what happens. M
    Forum Member
    neleh wrote: »
    Snap! I've just been watching that one and was thinking the same.

THEN

This is just to do with the free masons. Ray played the Tyler...it's what happens. M
    Forum Member
    Oh god I have just had an awful vision..Ray, Shaz and Chris all walking off it to a light...off to an afterlife... with Alex watching and Gene between them,....Gene will hold eye contact with Alex and then walk after them...Alex will then wake up. I am crying already! And it will be bloody playing Phil Collins 'Air tonight' in the background....

There will be some apt line from Gene to Bolly that will make her laugh but cry....And then Gene will smile...and go...but we will know they will all see each other again!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    At the end of the final episode with the deaths I just hope it isn't too soppy.
This discussion has been closed.