Options

Anyone still waiting for cards and parcels via royal mail?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 227
Forum Member
Anyone still waiting for cards/parcels via royal mail? I have been waiting since 9th December.

Comments

• Options
    TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am, my mp3 player was sent first class recorded delivery (supposedly anyway) 9 days ago and I still haven't received it. I bought on ebay though which isn't always a good thing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    Anyone else or is it just us 2?
  • Options
    xxTinkerbellexxxxTinkerbellexx Posts: 4,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL.. I'm not.
    I ordered something the day before xmas eve and got it the following day :D

I was well impressed!!
  • Options
    ImagineThat!ImagineThat! Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    A present from my OH which is on route, im thinking if it takes longer to get here, ill forget about it and when it arrives it will be a nice surprise!
  • Options
    goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes items sent ed on 17th December not received the items
  • Options
    Rincewind78Rincewind78 Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    still waiting for niece's presents and mates presents. all ordered 3 weeks ago.
    and also my bloody Christmas day clothes!! they will be going straight back at them when they come!!!!!!
  • Options
    FieldfareFieldfare Posts: 2,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still waiting for things ordered on 7th December and due for delivery on 14th. Pretty hacked off about it frankly.
  • Options
    Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Waiting for a card from my brother, posted 20th Dec.

Odd thing is he got mine before Christmas posted a day later.
  • Options
    PapaLazarou999PapaLazarou999 Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    belnea2976 wrote: »
    Anyone else or is it just us 2?

Ive been waiting for 2 presents both sent to me on the 7th December,I stupidly thought Id get them in time for Christmas,I didnt :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,512
    Forum Member
    Ordered something on the Wednesday 15th, it was posted on the Thursday, which coincided with the start of the extreme snow/ice weather conditions. Still not arrived. Items sent more recently have arrived though, including a bill/statement from Scottish Power which was sent on Wednesday of this week and arrived on Friday!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    Im missing quite a few Xmas cards from people I KNOW will have sent them. Probably arrive in January!
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still waiting on something ordered at the beginning of December....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    We're still waiting for a Christmas card. 3 were sent to us on the same day, 2 arrived on separate days, the third has yet to arrive.

I bought some books on Amazon on the 11th Dec and they didn't arrive until the 23rd.
  • Options
    OneManTagTeamOneManTagTeam Posts: 3,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm waiting on a bluray that was dispatched from play.com that was dispatched on 2nd December
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Yuppp, ordered cards for my niece from Moonpig, still not arrived. Ordered on the 12th Dec, no sign of them.. Merry bah humbug to you all!!!
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    waiting for something from the 12th, im sure it will turn up in their own time.
  • Options
    SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's odd how much variation there seems to be in delivery times. For example, I ordered something from an eBay seller on Sunday 19th December and received it a couple of days later on Tuesday 21st. I ordered something else (with free P&P) from a cycle shop on Wednesday 22nd and received it on Friday 24th. Both of these items were sent via Royal Mail.

If some companies can get things delivered quickly by Royal Mail, why can't others? It seems to me that it's the big online companies such as Amazon or Play that have delivery problems, and I suspect it may be that they dump hundreds of thousands of items on Royal Mail within a matter of a couple of weeks, and that the RM system just gets swamped. Obviously the situation has also been exacerbated by the exceptionally poor weather we've had.

However, I think the message is reasonably clear: if you're going to order Christmas presents from the big online companies, the last safe time to do that is the last week of November or at the very latest the first few days of December. If you order later than that you may be lucky and get things in time, but there's a distinct chance that you won't.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,233
    Forum Member
    I'm still waiting on a xmas present for one of the kids lol. Thankfully its just a colouring book set and nothing big.

Some of my Moonpig cards haven't arrived yet either in places in England although all the ones in Scotland came next day
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting for an international letter that was sent on 25th November.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still not got my items
    Was out only item that came was from NEXT and son did not know if it was Parcel Force or another company
    My complaint is that posted on 17 December should of got it by now.
    The sender is away so can not letsender know
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I ordered a sledge on December 5th that still hasn't arrived!
  • Options
    tony13579tony13579 Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    browncoat wrote: »
    I ordered a sledge on December 5th that still hasn't arrived!

Things are really going down hill.... fast
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Im fed up they should be able to deliver
    They charge enough and they should do more deliveries