FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
Forum Member
✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And there's more. They're still tweeting all that's supposed to be on there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    14 original tracks.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite a few of these songs appear to be by the Danish-British songwriting team who wrote Lipstick, and I believe there is a song by Ortise of JLS on there.
  • Options
    SnowyfaceSnowyface Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Quite a few of these songs appear to be by the Danish-British songwriting team who wrote Lipstick, and I believe there is a song by Ortise of JLS on there.

Really? I didn't even know he had met them! Where did you get this from? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Snowyface wrote: »
    Really? I didn't even know he had met them! Where did you get this from? :)

I heard about it a few weeks ago Snowy, on Twitter I think. If I'm right, he wrote 'Wow Oh Wow' for them :)

Btw, there's a connection between the two acts : the Lipstick team have also written songs for JLS.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really looking forward to Bad Behaviour! You can hear the live version (full) on youtube and some of the album version on their youtube page! :D Does anyone know when it's coming out though? :confused:
  • Options
    River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bad Behaviour the single is due out July 1st for download everywhere I believe.

The 2nd album is due out in August as far as anyone has said. Although a European edition of Planet Jedward is due out mid July, with some of the new tracks on it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hopeful this album will consolidate them as a serious pop act.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biggest Fan track leaked and it's fantastic!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    " like what, what, what?"
    Some of My Miss America too.
    The sound is perfect for them! eeeeeeeee!!!!
  • Options
    MarcPaulBMarcPaulB Posts: 4,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new tracks are great from what I've heard of them, it's an ideal sound for them. Biggest Fan would make a good single. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everything's going according to plan. Big in Europe, the UK doesn't much matter if many in that country want to continue to believe Jedward are a novelty act.

Biggest Fan is superb and parts I've heard of Miss America just right. An album packed with pop goodness. Jedwrd's appearance on Swedish TV this morning was brilliant, they were at their very best with flat hair and great performances.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MarcPaulB wrote: »
    The new tracks are great from what I've heard of them, it's an ideal sound for them. Biggest Fan would make a good single. :)

Biggest Fan is gonna be great at concerts actually!
    "I'm on the front row hope you see me"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss America is a good pop song but it's nothing like as memorable as Biggest Fan imo. Can just imagine everyone singing along to it at concerts like you say River! It's struck a chord with fans already. I would so love for them to meet Britney in Dublin when she's there and sing it to her. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MarcPaulB wrote: »
    Miss America is a good pop song but it's nothing like as memorable as Biggest Fan imo. Can just imagine everyone singing along to it at concerts like you say River! It's struck a chord with fans already. I would so love for them to meet Britney in Dublin when she's there and sing it to her. :)

I'm of the thought they can only be a wee bit disappointed when they finally meet Britney. btw, does Britney have a support act for her European tour yet? I'm not saying anything, but wouldn't it be luverly ...
  • Options
    DisnaeDisnae Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    I've been away and didn't know there had been leaks. i've just been on youtube and loving Biggest Fan!:D I'm so excited or this new album!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Biggest Fan, I can't stop playing it :D I'm glad that it's an album full of originals too, it proves that they really have changed and grown since their last one! I love Bad Behaviour too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Floh wrote: »
    I'm of the thought they can only be a wee bit disappointed when they finally meet Britney. btw, does Britney have a support act for her European tour yet? I'm not saying anything, but wouldn't it be luverly ...

Yes I've thought that too Floh, I think the Britney they really love is the Britney of a few years ago, but no, they still love her too much to ever be disappointed about meeting her. They were bad enough when they met Taylor, but Britney would be in a whole different league...

It strikes me Biggest Fan has made so much of an impact amongst fans because it does give the impression from the lyric that it had been written specially for them (I don't know if it was).

It's so good to hear that they have 14 original tracks for their album plus the reprise of Bad Behaviour making 15 in all. It's taken a long time coming and it'll be massive in Ireland but I do hope it can do well in the UK as well and hopefully people can view it impartially and not just dismiss it because it's Jedward.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just heard Miss America : I actually prefer it to BIggest Fan, but both songs are great :)

It's nice to hear a distinctive Jedward sound at last after all those cover versions they were doing in the past.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If John and Edward had had the choice they would never have done an album full of covers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Floh wrote: »
    If John and Edward had had the choice they would never have done an album full of covers.

It was really a stopgap arrangement by Universal Floh. It was rush released a couple of months after they signed to the label. I suppose you could say they were cashing in on the Jedward phenomenom, but perhaps they were justified, as an original album would have taken much longer to produce.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what I like most about the production on the new songs is I can tell who is singing what. PlanetJedward was so rushed it just sounded like John sang everything and Edward wasn't even there!

It takes time to find the right kind of songs that they wanted to do, they had to have something to tour with etc. So I am really glad the European release of PlanetJedward will mostly feature the new tracks. Hopefully we have seen the last of Mr Nigel Wrong as their producer.

Biggest Fan is perfect though, I can picture them at that Taylor Swift concert right now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think we need to worry River, they will never work with Mr Wrong again. And hopefully this means we will never have to hear Rock DJ again?

Given the benefit of hindsight, yes the original PlanetJedward album was just a stopgap, a cheaply made album of covers, but it has served its purpose, it kept interest in them going. I think it was a better option, looking back, than a rushed original album with songs which may not have suited them as much as the new ones, if such an album had bombed it would have been difficult to see any way back for them musically. It has taken them some time to evolve their own style and get what looks like being some excellent songs for their album.

Now with the massive interest in them in Europe (which is FACT - I hope I can mention it without not-so-subtle ridiculous references from others to hype and mass hysteria) this new album is going to be released at just the right time to have maximum impact and for one I can't wait!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair considering how quickly it was put together Planet Jedward is better than I thought it was going to be. Still wishes Break My Stride and SOS had made the cut and Rock DJ never to see the light to day ever again.
    What is going to be funny is, Ghostbusters isn't on the European release so most Europeans will NEVER understand why they will forever randomly burst into ghostbusters during interviews.

Most X factor people take far too long perfecting that first album, by the time they've made their amazing album most people have forgotten who they are and it's hard to get anyone interested.

What was nice to see on that Swedish TV show this morning, when they sang Bad Behaviour quite a few people in the audience already knew the words and were singing along.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,697
    Forum Member
    J&E were never the best singers but they did do some entertaining performances :p Classics were Ooops..., She Bangs and Ghostbusters :D