• flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    I remember when iPhone users didn't want 3G
  • dontpannicdontpannic Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »

That never happened. Not all iPhone users anyway.
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yip the only way was to use Edge to conserve battery life :D

Apple spin BS and the fans lap it up :eek:
  • Step666Step666 Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dontpannic wrote: »
    Except when you completely stereotyped iPod owners at the start of your post?
    I cited genuine examples of similar behaviour in the past.
    I did not say that all iPod owners behaved that way.

What about the type of people who go around constantly belittling Apple because it's apparently the "cool" thing to do?
    It's just as bad.
    Once you get far enough to the fringe, it doesn't matter which side of the debate you're on, the behaviour is the same.

Same as people who make wildly untrue generalisations about Android handsets in an attempt to belittle an OS they don't like:
    Whenever I hear the words "My phone keeps resetting itself" "why has this thing turned itself off again" "when i send a text to someone it goes to someone completely different" "but it didn't ring", it's always, ALWAYS an Android handset they're complaining about.
    Forum Member
    That never happened. Not all iPhone users anyway.

Oh it happened.
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    sensoria wrote: »
    did steve jobs bum your girlfiend?

So much anger towards apple its bizarre! If you don't like something don't buy it. If you dont like the ethics of a company dont buy it.

Its not difficult.

The android v iphone threads do not involve wholly anti apple posts you know that. There are plenty of spurious inaccurate or downright stupid claims made against Google and android too that makes one ask an iphone user whether Eric Schmidt shagged their mother.
  • !!11oneone!!11oneone Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reason the iPhone used to be 3.5" is because this was the only screen size available.

Apple have now invented the 4" screen and are using this innovation in their new product.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    !!11oneone wrote: »
    The reason the iPhone used to be 3.5" is because this was the only screen size available.

Apple have now invented the 4" screen and are using this innovation in their new product.

You do talk some rubbish :D
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    !!11oneone wrote: »

You do talk rubbish, Apple doesn't make the screens or a lot of the components.

Where you get the idea that the 3.5" screen was the only size available I have no clue, must have just been made up in your head!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Ridiculous. Just bugger off and stop making new threads when you think of more to troll people with.

Until I see it in the flesh, nobody can comment. The fact is, its the same width as the previous generations so you can still type on it with one hand. Any new "bandwagon Android everything has to have a massive screen" "lets innovate by adding another 2 inches onto the screen" handsets are still using weird aspect ratios so the phones are a stupid size. 4" is big, but not ridiculous.

EDIT: I mean seriously, WTF is this?
    http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/mobile-devices/galaxy-note/galaxy-note/GT-N7000ZBAXEU

I've been surprised how many women have bought it: I seriously think it appeals because they can use it without having to put on glasses.
  • swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    alan1302 wrote: »
    You do talk some rubbish :D

Is it rubbish though I have just watched how you can now:
    'with this amazing display feel like you can do more'
    watch
    'movies and video content like never before in full widescreen '

so it sounds impressive I want to do more because of the display.
    Forum Member
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    You do talk rubbish, Apple doesn't make the screens or a lot of the components.

Where you get the idea that the 3.5" screen was the only size available I have no clue, must have just been made up in your head!

You missed the joke. You didn't detect it even when he said that apple just invented the 4" screen?
    Forum Member
    swordman wrote: »
    Is it rubbish though I have just watched how you can now:
    'with this amazing display feel like you can do more'
    watch
    'movies and video content like never before in full widescreen '

so it sounds impressive I want to do more because of the display.

Yes, it was rubbish what he said - he said they only used 3.5" screens as that was all there was and now they have invented 4" screen - so yes, all rubbish.

And you seem to be just spout random rubbish as well! :D
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You missed the joke. You didn't detect it even when he said that apple just invented the 4" screen?

Ahhh ok didn't read the whole thread, was watching New Tricks at the same time, apologies if I didn't get it.
  • skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    Except when you completely stereotyped iPod owners at the start of your post?

What about the type of people who go around constantly belittling Apple because it's apparently the "cool" thing to do?

I belittle Apple because I owned an Iphone and found it totally wank and over priced.After playing with the new one today I'm even more convinced of my stance.Fools and their money are soon parted.Which,to be fair,I find amusing.
    Forum Member

Yeah, saw that and sort of grimaced...the usual guff spouted - hardly a joke - just sad
  • soransoran Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahhh but you are forgetting that 99% of the apps will run with a black bar top and bottom, thus still making it a 3.5" screen :D;)
    Forum Member
    skunkboy69 wrote: »
    I belittle Apple because I owned an Iphone and found it totally wank and over priced.After playing with the new one today I'm even more convinced of my stance.Fools and their money are soon parted.Which,to be fair,I find amusing.

Why do you feel that need?

Is there some reason for trailing round a forum making out that a product just be bad just becuase you don't like it?
    Forum Member
    soran wrote: »
    Ahhh but you are forgetting that 99% of the apps will run with a black bar top and bottom, thus still making it a 3.5" screen :D;)

LOL :D
  • heskethbangheskethbang Posts: 4,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never understood why the huge animosity towards Apple products. People like them, so they buy them. Others choose other brands, and that's fine too.
    Forum Member
    Never understood why the huge animosity towards Apple products. People like them, so they buy them. Others choose other brands, and that's fine too.

It is a bit odd - no doubt if Samsung stay popular for a year or two more they will get the same treatment...it's always the biggest company that gets the treatment...the supermarket Tesco is the same.
    Forum Member
    It is a bit odd - no doubt if Samsung stay popular for a year or two more they will get the same treatment...it's always the biggest company that gets the treatment...the supermarket Tesco is the same.

I love tesco. Quality goods, low prices.
    Forum Member
    I love tesco. Quality goods, low prices.

Morrisons is where it is at - Tesco are so last year :D
    Forum Member
    Yes, it was rubbish what he said - he said they only used 3.5" screens as that was all there was and now they have invented 4" screen - so yes, all rubbish.

And you seem to be just spout random rubbish as well! :D

It so sounded like they invented that screen but .........
    :eek: you saying apple talk rubbish you better give your turtle neck back your not fit to wear it.
    Forum Member

No its just apple believe me :D