Bush Freesat PVR

teletvteletv Posts: 1,743
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi all, just a little over two years ago i bought one of these Bush freesat model :B10FSRH25
ever since ive had it ive had no problems except after BBCi player was installed that was it. Its had no further software upgrades. Also for some reason it refuses to record whilst in standby. If i set a timer record on it, i have to leave it on, and on the channel i want to record otherwise i get ''a no signal'' message. Yes it only has one feed on it, but that was never a problem before. Now its starting to do this. Also if its been in standby for longer than two days, and i use it, the time isnt available and if i go into guide the only thing that comes up is genre, until it updates the epg, which is anything from 10 seconds to 20 minutes depending on its moods.
I know it isnt the dish as my sky+ box is using the same dish and ive even swapped feeds between the boxes with usually the same result. yet its reporting signal strength and quality 100% unless im watching one of the CBS channels, but the quality only drops by 10% or so..
Is there a new update for this box? Bush website says not supported.

i figure maybe someone in the know, will be able to help me :)

Comments

• ZenithZenith Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any way to get a second feed to your box from the LNB?

If you have a quad LNB and you use 2 for your Sky box, can you use the spare output on the LNB to connect to your Freesat box.

It would make things so much easier.
  • teletvteletv Posts: 1,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zenith wrote: »
    Is there any way to get a second feed to your box from the LNB?

If you have a quad LNB and you use 2 for your Sky box, can you use the spare output on the LNB to connect to your Freesat box.

It would make things so much easier.

yeah i finally got round to fitting a second signal feed, so thats all ok, however it still refuses point blank to load up the epg if its been in standby for longer than 24hrs. Still no software update, has a habit of either refusing to put itself in auto standby the internal fan has a habit of coming on randomly when if feels like it, (it will run for anything from 30 seconds to hours!) refuses to come out of standby, requiring a power cycle, if i take it out of energy saving mode, then its all tickety boo for a couple of days then locks up completely, requiring another power cycle. Think im gonna buy me a humax. But as its only used in the bedroom, its not a priority.