Henry Cavill

Comments

• bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jules1000 wrote: »
    How odd that it is the men on this thread that have called him unattractive or boring.....:eek::D;)

I can assure you guys that there are hundreds of thousands if not millions of women who think differently.:)

I'm a woman, and I must admit I found him a bit...well....boring as well. I'm sure he's a nice guy though. As for his looks, he's very handsome I guess, but for me he has absolutely NO sex appeal. Russell Crowe was much sexier, funnier and more attractive on the Graham Norton show.
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bookaddict wrote: »
    I'm a woman, and I must admit I found him a bit...well....boring as well. I'm sure he's a nice guy though. As for his looks, he's very handsome I guess, but for me he has absolutely NO sex appeal. Russell Crowe was much sexier, funnier and more attractive on the Graham Norton show.

You don't fancy Johnny Vegas do you? :rolleyes:
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Russell Crowe dominated proceedings on Graham Norton's show, inevitably.

Henry Cavill seems decent enough, but I'd agree he was pretty quiet. There's nothing wrong with being reserved, but if he had been sitting there alone the flow of conversation would have been next to zero.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    How odd that it is the men on this thread that have called him unattractive or boring.....:eek::D;)

But this is DS. I can assure you that not all of the men saying he's boring are straight. The 'jellus bulleh' comeback is getting a little thin, tbh.
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Completely agree with you.
    Henry Cavill came across as a nice enough guy, but I would take Russell over him any time.
  • tsarinatsarina Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Him and Amy Adams were interviewed on BBC breakfast the other day and he came across fine to me :confused: Pretty easy on the eye too.

Haven't seen last night GN show so can't comment but I will say that Russell Crowe is just gorgeous in whatever guise :D Even as a meanie in Les Mis still fab :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    Microkorg wrote: »
    The "Superman" francise is dead..
    It's never been fashionable, and always sucks

Shame, but then, they ****ed with my Watchman, Spidey, FF, Etc..

Money over lasting integrity

$110 million opening in the US
    Similar results in the rest of the world.

Unlucky.

(assuming you can see this through your seethe tears)
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ray_Smith wrote: »
    The only thing I've noticed about Mr Cavill is he doesn't have much oomph to his personality. For example, when someone asks him "what was it like when you found out you were playing Superman?"

...his replies seem a bit muted like it's not a big deal. I guess he doesn't enthuse about much. His replies have little real emotion. Perhaps he should play a Terminator robot? No emotion needed for that!

He's too reserved, perhaps, lacking any interesting personality for the media world we live in.

Maybe that's something about his personality for which he should be commended.

He's an actor. As long as he does a good job I don't see why anyone should make demands of what his personality should be like so it pleases them.
    If his television shows and films please people then why should they expect any more than that?

In an era of so many celebrities being famous for being famous and so eager to air their dirty linen in the media I find it to be quite a good thing that some people don't feel the pressure to commodify who they are as a person in the media.
  • HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Henry is just perfect, nothing about his looks that you would change . The body , the face , the hairy chest .i think his personality was fine on Graham Norton , not the life and soul of the party but when you look like him , who cares ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've met Henry, his dad and his bother and they are all very reserved charming unasuming people.

It's also maybe down to the fact that they are from a military background.
  • Green_StampGreen_Stamp Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    laska wrote: »
    I've met Henry, his dad and his bother and they are all very reserved charming unasuming people.

It's also maybe down to the fact that they are from a military background.

Or that they're just dull and uninteresting people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    Everytime I see this guy I can't believe how beautiful he is *droooooooool*
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who cares what actors are like in real life...
  • littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a huge fan of Henry but I would pick him over Russell Crowe any day. Cant stand Russell, portly, hairy, arrogant little man.
  • humehume Posts: 2,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Graham Norton isn't the best interviewer. Watch Jay Leno's interview with Henry Cavill to see how the professionals do it.

In that interview Henry said when he got the call (for the role of superman) he was playing world of warcraft and missed the call!
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There has only been one Superman movie since the 80s! And they're trying it again because it was a pretty week effort.

Were you asleep in 2006 when Superman Returns came out?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't fancy Johnny Vegas do you? :rolleyes:

No. And was there really any need for the roll eyes?
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Were you asleep in 2006 when Superman Returns came out?

They said one movie since the 80's
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe that's something about his personality for which he should be commended.

He's an actor. As long as he does a good job I don't see why anyone should make demands of what his personality should be like so it pleases them.
    If his television shows and films please people then why should they expect any more than that?

In an era of so many celebrities being famous for being famous and so eager to air their dirty linen in the media I find it to be quite a good thing that some people don't feel the pressure to commodify who they are as a person in the media.

I sort of agree. But when you agree to go on shows like the Graham Norton show, you are expected to be entertaining - it's that kind of a show. And I've seen plenty of famous people go on there, be extremely funny and interesting and still manage to keep their private life private.

The whole business of being airing their dirty laundry in public or selling every last pit of their private life to the media is a separate issue really.
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems a nice guy, just quite shy and reserved. Nothing wrong with that. I enjoyed his performance in The Tudors too, and he made a decent Superman.

Isn't he dating Gina Carano? She was gorgeous in Haywire. They make a cute couple :D
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I sort of agree. But when you agree to go on shows like the Graham Norton show, you are expected to be entertaining - it's that kind of a show. And I've seen plenty of famous people go on there, be extremely funny and interesting and still manage to keep their private life private.

The whole business of being airing their dirty laundry in public or selling every last pit of their private life to the media is a separate issue really.

Also a good idea for the interviewer to give equal time to the interviewees. Also a good idea for the interviewer to ask interesting questions. ;)
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, that's not a very nice thing to say, I think he seems like a nice, down to earth guy personally.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Wow, that's not a very nice thing to say, I think he seems like a nice, down to earth guy personally.

Who are you referring to?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also a good idea for the interviewer to give equal time to the interviewees. Also a good idea for the interviewer to ask interesting questions. ;)

I agree that GN is not the best interviewer, but it's not supposed to be a serious show, and he has had plenty of guests who, despite his interview techniques, have been very funny and entertaining. As I said before, Henry Cavill seems a nice guy, and I guess he is handsome (although handsome is different for different people), but I find him totally bland and uninteresting. Not that I would expect him to care about my opinion :)
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do people expect all actors to be jumping up and down on chat show sofas, screaming alà Tom Cruise, or something?