I'm doing this for deaf people....

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
Forum Member
✭✭
He made damn sure he got that in, why not just do it for yourself?

Why make people aware surly we all already are I mean how many deaf people are there in the world!

Great excuse fantastic game plan Sam!

Comments

• hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it's a better reason than any of the others have
  • Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did he really say that? Oooo that is quite sly isn't it. I want Dexter too win and I feel if sam does it will be because of a sympathy vote - That might be a bit harsh of me too say, but I haven't heard anyone say that he is a great housemate just that he's a role model for deaf people and that he's had a "hard time" in the house because of his disability.
  • pondie84pondie84 Posts: 11,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's such a meaningless phrase anyway. What would winning Big Brother do for deaf people exactly?
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hisdogspot wrote: »

Why do all the things he does for deaf people involve winning hundreds of thousands of pounds?
  • sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thats bull,how can people can be taken in by that lol.
  • Sun_BeamSun_Beam Posts: 11,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's so full of bullshit! :yawn:

Is Gina doing it for the rich?

Are the twins doing it for all fellow meat sweat lovers?

Is Sophie doing it for all those part time dental nurses/assistants?

Is Charlie doing it for all those confused individuals?

Just be HONEST, Sam - your doing it for you - why wouldn't you want £100,000? Being deaf is irrelevant - it's just a part of him & he knows it! Stop playing the sympathy card!
  • gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pondie84 wrote: »
    It's such a meaningless phrase anyway. What would winning Big Brother do for deaf people exactly?

He didn't say he wanted to win for deaf people, he wanted to be on the show and show that being deaf isn't stopping him doing what he wants to do so that he can be an inspiration for others who have a similar disability. He has said several times it's not about winning or the money, although I'm sure, like all the housemates, he would be delighted if he did win.
  • hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is all this uncalled for nastiness towards Sam because he is looking more and more like the winner ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gcmac wrote: »
    He didn't say he wanted to win for deaf people, he wanted to be on the show and show that being deaf isn't stopping him doing what he wants to do so that he can be an inspiration for others who have a similar disability. He has said several times it's not about winning or the money, although I'm sure, like all the housemates, he would be delighted if he did win.

Then he achieved that just walking in the front door and can leave now empty handed. I'm quite sure deaf people are quite aware they can do everything a hearing person can do (some things excepted) without Sam on Big Brother.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is all this uncalled for nastiness towards Sam because he is looking more and more like the winner ?

No I can see through him!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is totally in for the money. He was on Deal or no deal fgs.

He keeps saying "I'm doing this for deaf kids" when he knows that it will be shown. Eg. Prize money task and tweets from fans.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sun_Beam wrote: »

Just be HONEST, Sam - your doing it for you - why wouldn't you want £100,000? Being deaf is irrelevant - it's just a part of him & he knows it! Stop playing the sympathy card!

Totally agree with this.
  • Colbert BumpColbert Bump Posts: 3,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does Sam think every deaf person supports him?
  • gladiator18gladiator18 Posts: 3,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In his own words 'he doesnt care about the money'

In his own words 'hes doing it for deaf people'

So does that mean that he'll donate his winnings to a charity for deaf people? I doubt it
  • StephyJWStephyJW Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    Sob story's always work on xfactor. He may as well go for it. He's not going to win based on his personality is he? He's the most pointless housemate ever! Honestly if he wasn't deaf he wouldn't even have been picked for the show and we all know it. They just always love a good sob story!
  • kirstylouise666kirstylouise666 Posts: 6,959
    Forum Member
    He's going for the sympathy vote. Sad that people are falling for it.
  • kirstylouise666kirstylouise666 Posts: 6,959
    Forum Member
    Sun_Beam wrote: »

Hilarious :D
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd respect him more if he said he wanted to win for the money.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    StephyJW wrote: »
    Sob story's always work on xfactor. He may as well go for it. He's not going to win based on his personality is he? He's the most pointless housemate ever! Honestly if he wasn't deaf he wouldn't even have been picked for the show and we all know it. They just always love a good sob story!

But people say that disabled people should be treated equally, when if hes been but in because of his hearing problem then how is that not preferential treatment. ..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    So going on a 2 bit reality show is the best way he can think of raising awareness. Sam, your appearance on BB is not going to make any great changes. That may seem harsh, but it's true.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rikester wrote: »
    So going on a 2 bit reality show is the best way he can think of raising awareness. Sam, your appearance on BB is not going to make any great changes. That may seem harsh, but it's true.

So true won't do anything. We won't hear from him again.
  • wee-mowee-mo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What exactly have you done for all the deaf people Sam :confused:

You have stayed in the background for weeks .:yawn:

You have made Crude comments to any female who has came into the house for tasks :eek:

You have been Nasty to the person you know is the most disliked in the house ( Dexter ) :o

Yes Sam you ARE a Role model :rolleyes:
  • GrandmotherGrandmother Posts: 2,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What 'nastiness'? It's not as if he's ever going to read this stuff. Once the show's over, I'm sure we'll all be able to declare our undoing love for our most adored housemates on Tw*tter, but let's not kid ourselves. sites like this are, for ex-HM's, only to be approached a few years later, when most rabid of the hardcore have more or less forgotten who you were.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wee-mo wrote: »
    Yes Sam you ARE a Roll model :rolleyes:

Where's he rolling to?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If he thinks that it is not inspirational - people with disabilities want to be treated as equals not favoured or treated as a special case

This is a game show Sam and not a charity show - your have a disability but that is not who you are. The Twins are obese but they are more than their fat - stop trying to play the sympathy card it is disrepectful

I am slightly deaf but whether you have the same or different disabilities is irrelevant - you have sat on the fence and expected to sail through and once again your nasty side showed up

You seem to make you life going on game shows but you are not a game player - really - you are angry cos you did not make the decision Dex made

He deserves his place in final he has been up every week and had to put up with you and Callums nasty little jibes week after week, the crap from the Twins etc etc. and he has been fun, joined in never retaliated and he is a true and worthy champion of the best BB series for a long time