jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    scotch wrote: »
    Looking forward to this! My contract is up in December :D

Your contract with Apple never ends...
  • Options
    Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    That's why I think it has to work with standard contactless readers already in shops, otherwise it'll never take off properly.

According to reports, Apple have already done deals with Visa, Mastercard and Amex. It doesn't mean they'll be locking their solution to a single provider though.

Sorry I wasn't suggesting that I 'knew' they were locking to a single provider. More that it wouldn't be an apple 'just one more thing' if it was a solution that was available to all handsets and operating systems. I would suggest that it either IS locked to just Apple or that it won't be a major announcement.
  • Options
    Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    Your contract with Apple never ends...

Haha. Have they not read the small print ??? :D
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuart_h wrote: »
    Haha. Have they not read the small print ??? :D

I'm getting out of mine finally. :D
  • Options
    rjb101rjb101 Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We'll not know if it's any good until Alex Salmond has passed comment on it
  • Options
    toofasttoofast Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All of this OTT hype over a phone and a watch compels me to yearn for a life without material trinkets and to live a life in spiritual bliss.

I cannot wait until it's over to be honest. Iphones and Iwatches will not bring you happiness.
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuart_h wrote: »
    Sorry I wasn't suggesting that I 'knew' they were locking to a single provider. More that it wouldn't be an apple 'just one more thing' if it was a solution that was available to all handsets and operating systems. I would suggest that it either IS locked to just Apple or that it won't be a major announcement.

I think the announcement, if it happens, will be about the customer experience. If it's as rumoured, it'll be that people will the new iPhone, who have a Visa, Mastercard or Amex registered to iTunes, can immediately begun using their phones to make contactless payments.

It definitely won't be available to all handsets and operating systems, and will be locked to Apple. But I doubt that will prevent the card issuers from striking deals with others in the future.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the announcement, if it happens, will be about the customer experience. If it's as rumoured, it'll be that people will the new iPhone, who have a Visa, Mastercard or Amex registered to iTunes, can immediately begun using their phones to make contactless payments.

It definitely won't be available to all handsets and operating systems, and will be locked to Apple. But I doubt that will prevent the card issuers from striking deals with others in the future.

It will take ages to get over here. Look at iTunes Radio. We still don't have that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will take ages to get over here. Look at iTunes Radio. We still don't have that.

I suppose that all depends on the deals that have been done with the card issuers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose that all depends on the deals that have been done with the card issuers.

It will be great if you live in the US but not for us so much. Anyway we will see. I'm actually looking to it. Only an hour to go.
  • Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    I am quite excited as I want a upgrade . Just hoping it offers a lot more than last years lack lusture offering
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They should play this on the countdown
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QFVMxEandM
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It could all by hype but this event seems huge compared to normal. Rupert Murdoch is there for example.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rumours suggest this will strongly happen tonight (i.e. basically it's a given):

- Both iPhone 6's will be announced. The 4.7inch will be original iPhone 6 and the 5.5inch phablet will be called iPhone 6 Plus.

- Colours available will be silver, grey and gold.

- Expect to see the same 16, 32, and 64GB of built-in storage. 128GB not confirmed.
  • Options
    StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Rumours suggest this will strongly happen tonight (i.e. basically it's a given):

- Both iPhone 6's will be announced. The 4.7inch will be original iPhone 6 and the 5.5inch phablet will be called iPhone 6 Plus.

- Colours available will be silver, grey and gold.

- Expect to see the same 16, 32, and 64GB of built-in storage. 128GB not confirmed.

The big news will be the iWatch, and the health features in iOS 8.
  • Options
    rockerchickrockerchick Posts: 9,255
    Forum Member
    Sat watching countdown for ages and i can't view it cos I'm not on a mac!
  • Options
    Larry_KirstenLarry_Kirsten Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Sat watching countdown for ages and i can't view it cos I'm not on a mac!

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/189528-how-to-watch-apples-iphone-6-event-live-stream-on-windows-and-android

Try this method if you have VLC installed, works for me
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stig wrote: »
    The big news will be the iWatch, and the health features in iOS 8.

Of course. That's a given too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stream is live if you reload.
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just got an email from Samsung, apparently they have a Note 4 or something coming out...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well this is nice. Anyone elses stream screwed?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anyone else getting Chinese voice over.