Options

christmas presents help

rockerchickrockerchick Posts: 9,255
Forum Member
I don't know what to get my daughter for christmas so i'm looking for some ideas really. I've already got her 2 board games and a mini craft thing but i want to get her something as her main present, but i don't know what to get. I don't want to just get her any old toy that will just get chucked on the floor in the room like the rest of them. She's getting a pram from her great-grandma and a train set from her grandma. She's 4 btw.

Comments

• Options
    fonzerellifonzerelli Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a kitchen set?? my chum's 3 year old loves her one and they can progress to the real one in a couple of years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It depends on how much you want to spend..there are a good range of leapfrog/vtech eloctronic learning consoles.

You could get an argos book (ELC boots etc) and get her to make a collage of the things she would like to play with and turning it into a art and craft activity whilst giving you some pressie ideas.
  • Options
    MarzBar85MarzBar85 Posts: 15,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rollerskates? I loved them when I was little!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would go with Icelady's suggestion with one of those learning consoles.

My little girl had one and absolutely loved it. Money well spent.
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has she got a bike? 4's a good age to teach them how to ride a bike and they are quite cheap atm too, you could get her one with a dolls seat and then it's even more fun for her.
  • Options
    rockerchickrockerchick Posts: 9,255
    Forum Member
    Thanks for all the suggestions, i will have a think about it. She's got a bike at my mums house as we live in a flat. Might go with the learning console thing will have a look thanks.
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Learning consoles are good, if youre thinking long term I'd go with a ds, you can get learning games aswell as playing games for it and it should last your daughter longer than a vtech style childrens console. I got my son one when he was 3 and ended up just giving him my ds, he's got a dsi now as we were stuck for presents to get him so just upgraded it. The good thing about a ds is that you keep the console and only need to change the games as your daughter gets older. You can also get cheap second hand games for it and there are sooo many games for young girls. I always found the games for my vtech comp to be limited and a bit expensive, they might have more choice and be cheaper than when I was buying them 2 years ago however.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    fonzerelli wrote: »
    a kitchen set?? my chum's 3 year old loves her one and they can progress to the real one in a couple of years.

I had one of those at that age too, when I was 6 I got a large play kitchen and had great fun! Gave it away recently as I've grown out of it but at the time I loved it. So it's a good idea. I also second the idea of a learning console or nintendo ds.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hijacking!

I need help deciding what to buy my father in law. He has a heart condition so doesn't drink, my OH can't name anything he's in to and has always bought his parents appliances his mum will like and convinced his dad it's for him too, so what the hell do I do? (I was planning to book his mum a massage, but I'm so stuck on the dad if I do individual presents! :confused:)

Help!
  • Options
    maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    Hijacking!

I need help deciding what to buy my father in law. He has a heart condition so doesn't drink, my OH can't name anything he's in to and has always bought his parents appliances his mum will like and convinced his dad it's for him too, so what the hell do I do? (I was planning to book his mum a massage, but I'm so stuck on the dad if I do individual presents! :confused:)

Help!

Why dont you buy them a joint present like a voucher for a meal at their favourite restaurant or tickets to a show or something?
  • Options
    pamuelapamuela Posts: 1,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depending how much you have to spend, a dolls house? You could furnish one room to start with then add more furniture for other birthday's and Christmases.
    I always wanted a dolls house as a small girl but never had one :(
  • Options
    Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hijacking!

Help!
    pamuela wrote: »
    Depending how much you have to spend, a dolls house? You could furnish one room to start with then add more furniture for other birthday's and Christmases.
    I always wanted a dolls house as a small girl but never had one :(

Obviously I don't know her father in law but I have a gut feeling that he won't like it so much.....
  • Options
    MarzBar85MarzBar85 Posts: 15,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why dont you buy them a joint present like a voucher for a meal at their favourite restaurant or tickets to a show or something?

This.

I've got my parents tickets to see their favourite musical in London, my Dad's Christmas present to Mum is the trip down to London a few days after Christmas. Mum doesn't know this yet though!
  • Options
    paulsmithfanpaulsmithfan Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Wii console
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My niece got one of these childrens laptops from Lidl for her birthday, it was about twenty quid and loves it. She was four last week, she thinks she's really grown up.
  • Options
    fonzerellifonzerelli Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hijacking!

Help!

For my boyfriend's folks - I'm making a homemade hamper. Bought a lovely basket and filling it with lovely Christmassy treats. Some homemade, some bought. Wrap it up lovely and they'll appreciate the effort youv'e gone to!