Options

The Grammys and Adele's Etiquette.

1235»

Comments

• Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    big dan wrote: »
    Poor grammar/spelling on a forum where you are supposed to be debating and arguing your case is pretty important I'd say - how can you be expected to be taken seriously otherwise? And I often find that if a post is poorly written with spelling mistakes, lack of sentence structure/capital letters, I won't bother reading it as it is just looks messy and too much of a chore to bother trying to read.

Also, I don't think 'everyone' takes to Facebook with poor grammar or spelling at all.

On-topic, I don't have a problem with her personality. She is very endearing, however to be honest I sort of imagined her as more 'classy' (as in not the kind to refer to 'a bit of snot' :D). She's great and talented, and that's all that matters really.

Ok, but I dont write like this (i think that she sing good and make people smile time to time songs good too maybe if accent is better make other not judge her) You know? I didnt mean 'everyone' but quite a few young people - in big conversations which generally include quick and angry replies lol!! I think her personality is great, but I get what the OP means about her accent.
  • Options
    rybevrybev Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still no explanation from the OP regarding Fiddler on the Roof.

Maybe they've gone and hung their supercilious, superior head in shame. Attempting to be clever and coming off looking like a proper **** because they didn't even check their own post.

This thread can now be described in one word, it starts with F and ends in AIL!!!
  • Options
    joules22joules22 Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People have different accents and dialects. It's part of their heritage and identity. I'm glad that people like Adele, who don't change how they talk to fit in, are becoming more prominent.

Oh, and does anyone happen to know if iseloid goes to university? I think he might do, but I can't be sure.

Who knows, but English isn't his subject if he does. :D He's definitely a hypocrite criticising someone and then having very poor English themselves.

I love Adele, she natural and normal, but, most importantly she has a great voice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    joules22 wrote: »
    Who knows, but English isn't his subject if he does. :D He's definitely a hypocrite criticising someone and then having very poor English themselves.

I love Adele, she natural and normal, but, most importantly she has a great voice.

I dont have 'very poor english myself!'' You dont even know me! im referring to her accent whilst speaking. And as I previously explained, english is one of my fortes. Not hypocritical at all. We were referring to Adele's accent. NOT her grammar. BIG difference.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    I dont have 'very poor english myself!'' You dont even know me! im referring to her accent whilst speaking. And as I previously explained, english is one of my fortes. Not hypocritical at all. We were referring to Adele's accent. NOT her grammar. BIG difference.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    joules22 wrote: »
    :D:D:D

Stop it!! :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well actually on facebook, they do. And I used the WEB as a reason. When correct grammar is needed, I use it. Is that such a difficult concept to grasp? :cool: No, I dont think it is.

Correct grammar is ALWAYS needed regardless of the medium you are using. There's a difference between formal and informal usage of language, but you should always spell, punctuate and use grammar correctly.

Adele's man is an Old Etonian who obviously has no qualms with how she speaks. I love her in interviews.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stop it!! :p

You ought to stop it. You're posting things that blatantly contradict your claims. I warned you to stop digging......:p