Cheryl Tweedy/Cole

2»

Comments

• Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lou17 wrote: »
    But thats the thing if their music was on par with or better than the Spice Girls or Allsaints they wouldnt need to b*tch about them as their music would do the talking as you so rightly say.:) I think they knew they were of a certain level and would never exceed this level, and they let this frustration show publicly in the media when talking about other female artists.

Ok they have 'some' pop tunes that werent that bad:D, but they were never a band that made waves, and their songs wont be remembered in 20/30 yrs time and thats the truth of the situation they were just mediocre though their is nothing wrong with that, they should be happy they had such a long career really on the back of a reality show rather than moaning and b*tching all the time, it wasnt endearing and still isnt. The arrogancy doesnt help the likes of Cheryl imo though the media seem to conveniently ignore that element of her character and I honestly dont get where it comes from unless they do dillusional think they are of the same quality and success as the likes of the SG. The truth is Cheryl was a very naturally attractive girl, and she received alot of sympathy from her first album/single because of the saga with AC and this is what has given her a music career, it isnt because of her superb singing talent or dancing or song writing ability its because shes a national sob story thats attractive. She's got to big for her boots imo especially on a talent show with one of the most respected music moguls and thats why shes struggling to reestablish her 'career' people have gotten sick of it as she has no real talent imo.

She is hardly struggling to re-establish her career though, her new video came out last Wednesday and has surpassed 3million views, she is 31 in the tv airplay chart and 46 in the radio airplay chart and her EP, which was put up for pre-order yesterday is 15 in the album charts and number 1 for pre-orders, and all of this and the single isn't even out for another 4 weeks.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lamaestra wrote: »
    Right on every level, Lou! I also consider Cheryl 'elitist' because of the secrecy surrounding her return home from hospital after the malaria ('smuggled home' was what I heard, no genuinely down to earth person would do that).

And when her talent is even a quarter of that possessed by Agnetha Faltskog or Gloria Estefan, then she can brag. Which, of course, it will never be.

I said it before but that is one of the most inane comments I've ever read on this forum......
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right on every level, Lou! I also consider Cheryl 'elitist' because of the secrecy surrounding her return home from hospital after the malaria ('smuggled home' was what I heard, no genuinely down to earth person would do that).

And when her talent is even a quarter of that possessed by Agnetha Faltskog or Gloria Estefan, then she can brag. Which, of course, it will never be.

wow, not only are these comparisons irrelevant to this thread. you have chosen two artists way past their commercial peak and pretty irrelevant in today`s music industry.:o
  • LamaestraLamaestra Posts: 1,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today's music industry is balox anyway, GPK.

And Agnetha and Gloria had something Cheryl never will - talent!
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

"what you heard" being the key words. Its a perfectly valid opinion to have that you consider Cheryl "elitist", had you personally witnessed her being "smuggled home", but did you ???? I suspect the answer to that is ehhhhh.....No.... so it becomes yet another tabloid soundbite, 99.9% of which are absolute crap when it comes to reporting soundbites on ANY celeb.

Form opinions on someone on confirmed information only.

As for the bragging............again.... fair play to have and form this opinion if there is any confirmed written or video evidence of this. Is there ??? I personally have never seen any evidence of this, but if you can quote or refer to confirmed sources then perhaps you could post here to take a look at.
  • LamaestraLamaestra Posts: 1,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's still crap though.
  • Lizzie60Lizzie60 Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    Is she the one who hit a loo attendant in the past? Maybe she's had a personality make-over? Can't say I like or dislike her, it must be the generation gap, but she comes over as a bit fake to me
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw her new video this morning on C4 ,what a load of look at me i'm fab again it is.!!
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a Cheryl Cole fan at all but I am sure she is like most people, good traits and bad traits.
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    I said it before but that is one of the most inane comments I've ever read on this forum......

Oh, dont know about that. Have read better ones, mainly on the PA threads. ;)
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    Not a Cheryl Cole fan at all but I am sure she is like most people, good traits and bad traits.

I agree. She is a pretty girl who has got lucky imo. Good luck to her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will always associate her with battering a toilet attendant over a lollipop.

Absolutely, it doesn't of course define her as a person, but it does gives us a clear idea of what she is like in certain situations
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets not obsess over some colloquial Council Estate Charv, notorious for being a karaoke mime. Far better that, as she approaches Middle Age, she walks into a High street Hairdressing Salon, and seeks a position as a Trainee Intern.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Er, surely that's being private?, have you been watching too many Peter Andre shows?, not everybody feels the need to have every waking moment on camera, not even Cheryl Cole
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Cheryl and think she's at heart a really nice person .

I remember in a documentary about Girl's Aloud when Cheyl and Ashley Cole were walking their dog in a park and the dog did a whoopsie. Cheryl said to Ashley to pick it up with I think they had a pooper scooter. Ashley said no way am I picking up that and Cheryl went and picked it up.