Options

Well some viewers may not like the twist BUT...

Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,403
Forum Member
✭✭
It's probably what CH5 wanted. Twitter has been very busy in the last 4 hrs (much more than usual) meaning people are talking about the show. Whether it's bad or good. Don't think CH5 care.

It will be interesting whether the ratings increase, decrease or stay the same.

Comments

• Options
    SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have the ratings been bad this series? The quality of housemates has been absolutely dire. No one worth rallying behind at all.
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's definetly got people talking but with BGT and Corrie on tomorrow night I think they should have left this till next Friday.
  • Options
    David166David166 Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crap twist.. Smacks of desperation... Probably thought up in the last 24 hours
  • Options
    brad_regbrad_reg Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    I cant see anyone tuning in part way. I imagine more would turn off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have the ratings been bad this series? The quality of housemates has been absolutely dire. No one worth rallying behind at all.

Ratings fell to 800k including +1.They climbed back to 1m on Tuesday night b though.
  • Options
    Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    I think people will initially whinge but, the meddling is wearing dangerously thin now. I haven't voted for for past few years and I reckon more and more will follow suit.

BB holds all the cards, the public control nothing apart from adding money to C5 coffers....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    curvybabes wrote: »
    It's definetly got people talking but with BGT and Corrie on tomorrow night I think they should have left this till next Friday.
    Agree. Should have been next week because BB is facing BGT and Corrie on Friday.
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    Agree. Should have been next week because BB is facing BGT and Corrie on Friday.

It's crazy they could have had huge promotion with this, but as it is most people will continue to watch BGT and Corrie like they have all week and catch up with BB at the weekend.
  • Options
    crisis3crisis3 Posts: 2,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect this will backfire and lose maybe another 100k viewers potentially. This series is over it will not be saved may not even complete its run. I wonder what the final too low viewing figures to bother level is. With only 9 hms left they could end it in 3 weeks or so if needed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    It's probably what CH5 wanted. Twitter has been very busy in the last 4 hrs (much more than usual) meaning people are talking about the show. Whether it's bad or good. Don't think CH5 care.

It's pure desperation. C5 have committed a large chunk of their scheduling to BB, so it's unlikely they'll cancel it mid-series. All they've got left up their sleeve is to throw the kitchen sink at it in the form of ridiculously cynical meddling and hope it at least stems the drop off in viewership.

I think it'll ultimately be counter-productive, though. There's only so many times you can take the piss out of the viewers before they stop giving you the opportunity to.

FUBAR.
  • Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It might get a lot of people talking but I just checked out Twitter and the reaction has been universally negative. If anything, it will turn people off the show.
  • Options
    WhatJoeThinksWhatJoeThinks Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fanntastik wrote: »
    It might get a lot of people talking but I just checked out Twitter and the reaction has been universally negative. If anything, it will turn people off the show.

Succès de scandale! ;-)
  • Options
    09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's a good twist in theory, because this cast is pretty awful and needs shaking up. However, they've executed it extremely poorly... If it they were all up and it was vote to save, it'd make SO much more sense. That way, the public get to vote for they like and the ones who aren't liked/nobody cares about will go. But this way Harriet and Danny who've received no nominations and Amy & Sally/Chloe who've received only 2 over the two weeks of noms are in danger of going, and Danny, Chloe and Sarah seem/are probbaly well liked by the public. I'm not some purist who wants no changes to the format, but it makes a mockery of the whole format to mess with noms like this EVERY week. What's the point in nominating when somebody who had 0 nominations two weeks in a row will leave?
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it needs the twist to get rid of the deadwood rather than have the interesting people go first. But I would rather have seen viewers vote on a poll for most interesting housemates each week and for the bottom half to live on basic rations until they were voted into the top half. Might make them work harder instead of coasting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ch5 are probably going down with the phrase "any promo is good" whether it's positive or negative. Look at this forum for example, it's the busiest it's been since launch, the same could be said for Twitter and TiBB forums.

In the long run it may push more people away, but as of now, the talk of BB is probably over double than it was in the first few days.
  • Options
    aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    I wish everybody was up and we got a chance to get rid of half of them
  • Options
    TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member

It's good to drive awareness, but it's like when they put Pamela Anderson in the BB12 house - a bit splash stunt that isn't going to drive new viewers.

I almost feel like they didn't go far enough if they were actually going for shocking. Put everyone up and eliminate half the house in a vote to save if you really want to cause absolute chaos.
  • Options
    zabezabe Posts: 374
    Forum Member

In this day and age does this really matter, just press the record button or access them with On Demand/Catch Up? I try and record pretty much everything I want to see, so that I don't have to go through the tedium of watching the ads every 12 mins.
  • Options
    slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    All up and a vote to save would have got rid of the deadwood

I dont think I will bother to watch all the HL shows now, I think I will dip in and out when theres nothing else to watch orwatch something I recorded earlier
  • Options
    Polly503Polly503 Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    curvybabes wrote: »

Well I don't watch either of those progammes, so it's ok for me. I also always record BB just in case I am doing other things and like someone else has mentioned there is always catch up, plus BB is repeated during the day for those who miss it.
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Exactly!

I am enjoying the production. The tasks are demanding and the twist is great.
  • Options
    griffin5779griffin5779 Posts: 958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm kinda divided on this..

I certainly think it is a fix to an extent. They probably decided before that start that this year they where going to try get rid of some dead wood early and bring in fresh people and where waiting till they could engineer iy so they could ditch the ones they want.

They certainly didn't want to lose 4 of the original 6 up and doubt they care about losing any of those up now besides maybe Harriott.

also..new housemate should happen early in a series. In a way it shame they couldn't bring in more..perhaps an number equal to those i there already.

on the down side it kinda ruins the whole idea of nomination and (personally i hate to see jade given a chance to suck in 4 new people) on the upside it certainly should mix things up which very few of their twist ever manage to do
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think people will initially whinge but, the meddling is wearing dangerously thin now. I haven't voted for for past few years and I reckon more and more will follow suit.

BB holds all the cards, the public control nothing apart from adding money to C5 coffers....

The last time I can remember voting was back in BB12

IF I was still voting now this whole farce would probably persuade to stop even though the twist has saved my favourite HMs
  • Options
    Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's so obvious it took them a couple of days to think up what the twist would be. On the day nominations were revealed they gave Jack the option to save a housemate which he didn't. This shows they hadn't came up with a twist yet. What would have happened if Jack chose to save one of them? If he'd chose Jade there would be no twist at all as the producers would have got what they wanted.
  • Options
    2la2la Posts: 4,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love it. I was getting so bored with this show. This will keep me watching for a while longer. Hopefully they'll bring some interesting characters.