GameCube leads/connection

rybevrybev Posts: 1,900
Forum Member
✭✭✭
How does a GameCube connect to a tv?
Thinking of getting a cheap one for my nephew - will one connect easily to a modern tv?

Comments

• Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rybev wrote: »
    How does a GameCube connect to a tv?
    Thinking of getting a cheap one for my nephew - will one connect easily to a modern tv?

You should be able to. Just had a look at mine and it's got the two audio jacks and video jack into scart converter, but they do unplug.. most modern TVs have got sockets for these. Well, mine has anyway!
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think you'll be hard pushed to find a tv these days without the required connection lok
  • rybevrybev Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for replies
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    scart - although official rgb ones are dear and unofficial ones tend to be awful.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    There are component cables you can buy for the GameCube but very few PAL games support 480p so probably not worth it. I would pick up an RGB SCART, they are the same connection used for SNES and N64 so if you see one advertised for those consoles it will work on GC fine too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Not all of the cheap RGB SCART leads available are fully wired, so if you buy a cheap one you may end up with something no better than the composite cables that come with the console. Component cables would be the best option, but later models of the PAL GameCube were manufactured without the ability to output Component Video.