Options

Who do you think is the best actress in the young age group on EastEnders?

Green KnickersGreen Knickers Posts: 756
Forum Member
✭✭
After being initially sceptical of her I think Danielle harold has blossomed as an actress amazingly well and I would vote her as the best actress in the young female group.

I think Jasmyn Banks and Rachel Bright are good but its through mainly their non EastEnders work that theyve shone more in my opinion.

Who do you think is the best actress in the young age group on EastEnders? 164 votes

Hetti Bywater (Lucy Beale)
6% 10 votes
Jasmyn Banks (Alice Branning)
3% 5 votes
Shona McGarty(Whitney Dean)
4% 7 votes
Danielle Harold (Lola Pearce)
56% 92 votes
Jacqueline Jossa (Lauren Branning)
24% 40 votes
Rachel Bright (Poppy Meadows)
6% 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Hetti Bywater is. I know alot of people dislike her, but to me she has brought a warmth and vulnerability to Lucy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully a poll should follow soon and Ive excluded Lorna Fitzgerald as shes under 18.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Danielle Harold stands out for me. Rachael was good towards the end of her last stint but hasn't impressed me since her return.

Edit : I forgot Shona. She was very good in the abuse s/l with Tony and again with Rob. She seems to thrive with more adult themes or when being used with her family. We saw a bit of her old spark after Janine had her baby.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Hetti Bywater is. I know alot of people dislike her, but to me she has brought a warmth and vulnerability to Lucy.

Im not keen on Hetti although shes an improvement to a small degree on the last actress.

If anyone has proved themselves on the show its the very understated Danielle Harold.Shes been a revelation to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    Danielle Harold stands out for me. Rachael was good towards the end of her last stint but hasn't impressed me since her return.

Me too.Im hoping the new romance for Poppy will see Rachel rise to the challenge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So far its a clean sweep for Danielle Harold.Shes the only one people have voted for so far.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me too.Im hoping the new romance for Poppy will see Rachel rise to the challenge.

Great things to come from Poppy I'm sure .
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,923
    Forum Member

I agree with this. I know a lot of people raved about the previous actress but I couldn't stand her. I much prefer Hetti Bywater and like you say she has bought out a certain warmth and vulnerability to Lucy underneath the hard exterior, something which never came across to me through the previous actress.
  • Options
    superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So far its a clean sweep for Danielle Harold.Shes the only one people have voted for so far.

Erm no she isn't. I voted Lucy about half an hour ago lol..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erm no she isn't. I voted Lucy about half an hour ago lol..

When i posted that comment there were 6 votes for Danielle and no votes for anybody else according to my computer screen but its a fast changing situation voting on the internet!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    When i posted that comment there were 6 votes for Danielle and no votes for anybody else according to my computer screen but its a fast changing situation voting on the internet!

I'm surprised that she has done well in the vote. Pleased though.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lola for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    Danielle Harold
  • Options
    silly sausagesilly sausage Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danielle for me all the way. She has made what was a very unlikeable character into someone deserving of empathy, her scenes with Lexi are lovely, the in the live birth episode i thought she was excellent, I really like her, great find
  • Options
    DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dani Harold by a street!
    In fact, i think she's now the best young soap actress i've ever seen!
    Way better than the vastly overrated Lacey Turner!

If she continues to work at her craft, she could go on to work in the movies. That's how much potential i personally think she has.
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jay-Jay
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danielle Harold.
    I do think Jacqueline, Shona and Rachel are good as well, but I think out of all of them Danielle the best.
    I think Lorna (Abi) also a good actress.
    Maybe Danielle might win best young actress at the BSA.
  • Options
    Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last year I was criticising Danielle for being wooden but she's proved me spectacularly wrong...really shown what she's capable of. She gets my vote.
  • Options
    IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hetti (Lucy) got my vote, though I like Jacqueline Jossa and Danielle Harold as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yoshi Fan wrote: »
    Last year I was criticising Danielle for being wooden but she's proved me spectacularly wrong...really shown what she's capable of. She gets my vote.

Same. She proved me wrong, last year I was calling for her to be axed and didnt rate her as an actress but she been amazing throughout this Lexi SL. She did an amazing job for the special Olympic live bit where she had to give birth live.
    It just shows given the right material you can see that someone you thought couldnt act is in fact a brilliant actress.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    I like most of them tho I wish we seen more of the old Lucy's personality in the new one tho I guess that's not Hetti's fault, Shona was awesome when she had her abuse and rob storyline and I liked her scenes with Ryan but she's not got much going on right now. Lauren is a typically stroppy teenager and the actress plays that well. Danielle has been amazing from the live labour to becoming so attached to Lexi and heartbroken to loose her it's been upsetting to watch, really great acting. Ps. I'm a newbie :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MaidyC wrote: »
    I like most of them tho I wish we seen more of the old Lucy's personality in the new one tho I guess that's not Hetti's fault, Shona was awesome when she had her abuse and rob storyline and I liked her scenes with Ryan but she's not got much going on right now. Lauren is a typically stroppy teenager and the actress plays that well. Danielle has been amazing from the live labour to becoming so attached to Lexi and heartbroken to loose her it's been upsetting to watch, really great acting. Ps. I'm a newbie :)

In that case welcome :)
  • Options
    darrenh2011darrenh2011 Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i like Abi and Lorna is a great actress
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome MaidyC :)
  • Options