BT FTTC contact info

DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
Forum Member
Does anyone know who to contact at BT to discuss whether a dissused fibre cable running into my local village can be used for FTTC? My brother is a councilor so he can contact them with official letter headed paper which might have a teeny weeny bit more clout.... or not. :)

Comments

• Benjamin_AbelBenjamin_Abel Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    DevonBloke wrote: »
    Does anyone know who to contact at BT to discuss whether a dissused fibre cable running into my local village can be used for FTTC? My brother is a councilor so he can contact them with official letter headed paper which might have a teeny weeny bit more clout.... or not. :)

He would need to contact Openreach, here is part part of their website which deals with Local Authorities. They will only do it if it would turn out to be cost effective for them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is it an Openreach fibre cable?
  • robertcrowtherrobertcrowther Posts: 262
    Forum Member

How do you know it's a dissused cable? If it's one of BT's/Openreach's then it could be part of TPON.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Openreach wouldn't use it unless it is one of theirs. Even if it is, they'll use the duct it is in to run a new fibre cable anyway. What are you trying to achieve here by the way?
    How do you know it's a dissused cable? If it's one of BT's/Openreach's then it could be part of TPON.

Could have been TPON but that's all removed now anyway and the TPON fibre cables don't necessarily go to where Openreach want the FTTC cabs to go to. I just can't see them using an old TPON fibre cable for modern FTTC, sure they'd use the duct but not the cable itself. It probably wouldn't be the same type as they'd use nowadays anyway.