Options

Abercrombie and Fitch CEO says their clothes are not for "Fat" or "unpopular" people

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good job I dont buy any of their overpriced stuff then.

Perhaps you could argue that they arent for poor people either!!!
  • Options
    lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    Good job I dont buy any of their overpriced stuff then.

Perhaps you could argue that they arent for poor people either!!!
    Or people with 20/20 vision. Lol
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    hooter wrote: »
    Wot ...you think it came from the stores mop cupboard?:D

I think it's the fluff from his belly button. Well it's not that far away from his head now, so it's a possibility.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And their stores smell horrible as well. I think they spray their cologne on everything. And imho, they have one of the worst smelling colognes ever! If my man came back smelling of that, we'd never have another child again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lala wrote: »
    And their stores smell horrible as well. I think they spray their cologne on everything. And imho, they have one of the worst smelling colognes ever! If my man came back smelling of that, we'd never have another child again.

I wonder if the Catholic Church has the same opinion of cologne as a contraception that it does condoms or whether it would consider this closer to abstinence?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to this... The CEO is a little bit more kookoo then we thought Lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgRjNwILP00
  • Options
    OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They allegedly offered to pay Mike The Situation (Jersey Shore, Celebrity Big Brother) to not wear A&F because he didn't suit their their brand image
  • Options
    Forum Member
    According to this... The CEO is a little bit more kookoo then we thought Lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgRjNwILP00

Wow. He makes the demands of show-business divas look reasonable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    He sounds lovely, what a delightful man.
  • Options
    pickwickpickwick Posts: 25,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a campaign to try and rebrand A&F :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=O95DBxnXiSo
  • Options
    PlatinumStevePlatinumSteve Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have to understand that the brand image is one of exclusivity and snobbishness, he only does this stuff to keep the brand image. It's really like most retailers except they're a lot more strict and insistent on brand image.

Folding has to be done exactly, to exacting standards, yes the clothes are freshened up with hits of the signature scent. The CEO is kind of weird, he's got a boyfriend that apparently my ex (a flagship store manager) met him once. But the CEO tours the stores and he's like a freak, I never met him but one of my friends said he leered at them, and was so OCD about the way some stuff was folded they were like freaked out. I loved my time working there though, and my ex and I broke it off amicably so I have nothing but good experiences from my time working for the big bad A&F.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/not-available-in-xl-abercrombie--fitch-ceo-mike-jeffries-accused-of-only-wanting-thin-and-beautiful-people-8608022.html

This is what Abercrombie CEO Mike Jeffries says about who HE wants buying and wearing his companies clothes:

Leaving aside his stance on plus sizes. It's the bit in bold about only wanting to attract "cool kids" that get me. Most products brands themselves as being the item that will make you cool, but he is effectively saying his clothes wont make you look cool, because if you aren't we don't want you. My reply to that is, most "cool kids" and "popular kids" at school turn out to be utter twits. Just saying... I'm not a twit so I don't wear A&F:p

There's so much bilge I can throw at this guy. Like how A&F clothes aren't all that inspiring in of themselves. They are like Tommy Hilfiger... Very bland, very "a weekend at the Hamptons with mama and papa" if you get my drift. But all I have got to say about this guy is this link:

http://www.thestreet.com/gallery/tsc-highest-paid-retail-ceos/2/photo-michael-jeffries.html

Yes that is what he looks like. End of. Good evening all. ;)

He's created a brand for a particular market, which he wants to be seen as ultra fashionable, and for people that buy it to feel in with the in crowd.

Load of crap really.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he is trying to make himself unpopular - I take it he won't be wearing his own stuff?
  • Options
    offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bspace wrote: »
    the funniest thing being he must actually think that actual 'cool' people where that shit

wouldn't be seen dead

It's fashion for people who think they're individual and quirky but actually don't have anything unique about themselves whatsoever. I find it amusing, especially when also considering the rip-off prices too!
  • Options
    epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have to understand that the brand image is one of exclusivity and snobbishness, he only does this stuff to keep the brand image.

I wasn't aware of any of that. I just like their jeans... which apparently, according to this thread, makes me an idiot and a bell end. :confused:
  • Options
    Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I were the complete antithesis of 'fat' (I am a bit overweight) and 'unpopular' (I'm not) I wouldn't buy A&F clothes - or anyone else's 'labelled' brand, for that matter. Stupidly overpriced (albeit perfectly affordable to me) mundane crud for the idiocracy.
  • Options
    GloriaSnockersGloriaSnockers Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering that the company does have a UK presence, however small, it's the 'all-American' bit of the target market he's spouting that mystifies me. Either he's trying to alienate the majority of the British people who shop with them because they're not good enough for him, or he's trying to appeal to people in the UK who'll readily admit to pretending to be something that they're not. Not a lot of point in setting up shop here really!
  • Options
    PlatinumStevePlatinumSteve Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    epicurian wrote: »
    I wasn't aware of any of that. I just like their jeans... which apparently, according to this thread, makes me an idiot and a bell end. :confused:

You don't have to be a douche to shop at a store that markets itself as for douches haha. One of the recent holiday tagline's was "privileged," right now the tagline and theme is #abercrombiehot this whole thing is all because they push marketing like no other retailer.

The funny thing is they make really good stuff, it's higher quality and lasts a lot longer than most other places. My stuff from Express falls apart so fast, American Eagle stuff is kind of durable, Gap stuff is about the same as AE, but my A&F stuff lasts forever.

Actually the women's jeans are hit and miss for a lot of women, but if you have the body dimensions and body type that the designers design for, you'll love them, and you'll be hooked for life I had women who would rave on and on about the jeans :-)
  • Options
    chris1978chris1978 Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Basically what he's actually saying is "Here at Abercrombie, we sell clothes for arrogant stuck up arseholes who are also thin"
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My daughter loves their kit. Pretty, hard wearing, and ok price in the sales. She is clearly a bell end.
    What she is not is a tart, and her and her mates think Primark is tacky and tarty. Horses for courses.
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    There is something very twattish about A&F isn't there? Jack Wills, as well. Clothes for vain people who just care about how others perceive them.
    As others have said though, can't get upset about it. They are free to market to whom they wish, and they can't stop their out-of-target market buying their stuff. That's capitalism.

I think having a go at Jack Wills is a bit harsh tbh :o:(

A&F deserve everything they get after that rant though ;):D
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pickwick wrote: »

So awesome :) :cool:
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Raquelos. wrote: »
    PMSL at his incredibly bad face lift:D

How very not cool:D

Bloody hell fire!

Ugly uncool people can't wear A&F, then I hope Mike doesn't!

Looks like Boris Johnson who's been too near the fire.
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to send my dad to A&F. And my granddad, who is 86. Then I am going to take pictures of them in their cool new gear, send them to Mike Jeffries, and post them on A&F facebook page.
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    ... American Eagle stuff is kind of durable....

What *is* American Eagle? I keep getting emails from them, but I've never used them or signed up to emails from them. :confused: