Options

Who is the luckiest housemate ever?

CandyCoatedCandyCoated Posts: 439
Forum Member
With evictions and such? I was just looking at Marcus's time in there from bb10.

He lasted until a mere 7 days before the final. Considering the character he was I find this to be quite the feat. He faced the public vote 8 times before leaving against Siavash. One of those votes was cancelled after Kenneth jumped the wall, I can't remember if Bea was hated enough at that point to have saved Marcus, but she certainly did a few weeks later. He is then saved by a twist change to vote to save. And again the week after by Freddie sabotaging himself. He also received the most nominations ever at the same, a record he held for a while.

Comments

• Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    Makosi, I would think. The amount of times she avoided being nominated when she would've gone was quite impressive.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If we're speaking broadly, and not just about nominations, I would say Brian Dowling. He came into BB when both viewing figures and media attention were sky high. He was invariably popular in the house. He was in a pleasant series, with little in the way of angst. Once out of the house he was immediately snapped up for tv work, which continued, a little unevenly, for years.
  • Options
    erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul BB2
    Paul was frequently nominated for eviction by his fellow Housemates, and had the highest total of nominations this season, receiving 25 nominations against him. He was nominated for eviction first on Day 18, this time against Stuart. Following Stuart's eviction, Paul was nominated again on Day 25 against Narinder; Narinder was evicted that week. On Day 32, Paul was nominated for a third consecutive time, this time against Bubble. In a close vote, Bubble received 53% of the public vote, and was thus evicted from the game. This made it the third time in a row that Paul had survived eviction, a record for the series at the time. He was nominated for a fourth consecutive time on Day 39, this time up against Amma; Amma was evicted that week. He was nominated for a fifth and final time on Day 53, this time being placed against his romantic partner Helen. On Day 57, it was revealed that Paul had been evicted from the house, having received 84% of the public vote against her. He came in fifth place.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Big_Brother_2_housemates_(UK)#Paul
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    erin_p wrote: »
    Paul BB2
    Paul was frequently nominated for eviction by his fellow Housemates, and had the highest total of nominations this season, receiving 25 nominations against him. He was nominated for eviction first on Day 18, this time against Stuart. Following Stuart's eviction, Paul was nominated again on Day 25 against Narinder; Narinder was evicted that week. On Day 32, Paul was nominated for a third consecutive time, this time against Bubble. In a close vote, Bubble received 53% of the public vote, and was thus evicted from the game. This made it the third time in a row that Paul had survived eviction, a record for the series at the time. He was nominated for a fourth consecutive time on Day 39, this time up against Amma; Amma was evicted that week. He was nominated for a fifth and final time on Day 53, this time being placed against his romantic partner Helen. On Day 57, it was revealed that Paul had been evicted from the house, having received 84% of the public vote against her. He came in fifth place.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Big_Brother_2_housemates_(UK)#Paul

...and he lived his life like an international pop star...
  • Options
    erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...and he lived his life like an international pop star...

classic line :D
  • Options
    jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have two - Josie Gibson and Helen Wood. Both were given a pass to the final (Helen from the very start) and I don't think either would have won without the pass.
  • Options
    chelle6chelle6 Posts: 5,953
    Forum Member
    jeanoj wrote: »
    I have two - Josie Gibson and Helen Wood. Both were given a pass to the final (Helen from the very start) and I don't think either would have won without the pass.

Yes Helen without a doubt the luckiest
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helen - pass to the final!
  • Options
    connor the judgconnor the judg Posts: 8,961
    Forum Member
    Helen Wood.
  • Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conor .. walked away with £50K
    Unlike Luke S :p
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nikki should be up there.

As a huge Nikki fan, I'm really surprised she wasn't evicted sooner. And even when she was, she was voted back in for the final week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
    Forum Member

Josie Gibson was given a pass to the final?! I don't remember that, wow
  • Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helen for sure.

I was always surprised how Charley made it to half-way point in BB8. I mean they even had to engineer a fake eviction :p
  • Options
    chelle6chelle6 Posts: 5,953
    Forum Member
    Anthony BB6 all his worthy opponents threw the game, Makosi with the pregnancy and Eugene taking the money
  • Options
    CandyCoatedCandyCoated Posts: 439
    Forum Member
    Josie Gibson was given a pass to the final?! I don't remember that, wow

I'm pretty sure that happened late on in the game though, maybe the week before the final. I think they had to choose someone who deserved it, they chose her. Then about 4 housemates got booted. Corin, Steve, JJ and someone else... maybe Sam Pepper.
  • Options
    HalkiHalki Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ugh. Two of my least favourite housemates ever. >:(
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Fanntastik wrote: »
    Helen for sure.

I was always surprised how Charley made it to half-way point in BB8. I mean they even had to engineer a fake eviction :p

Yeah but we did know it was fake - we knew she was going back in - it was brilliant.
  • Options
    george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    I think Gina surely deserves a mention. She was loathed in her first week, but somehow became insanely popular. I never quite saw what was so special about her - she wasn't as nasty as she initially came across, but I didn't think she deserved the amount of love thrown her way.
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't dispute it was Helen, getting a free pass straight to the final on day two, takes some beating
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to agree with the Makosi one, she was such a controversial character I used to get so nervous before they'd announce the noms as I knew once she was up - she'd be out.

Girl played a blinder though and made it to the end. (Deserved to win too!)
  • Options
    Artemis1Artemis1 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barracute wrote: »
    You can't dispute it was Helen, getting a free pass straight to the final on day two, takes some beating

Agreed no contest , she would have been evicted week 2 or 3 if she hadn't the pass .
  • Options
    SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Connor ...

He should have been kicked out weeks before walking away with 50k

oh and Helen for getting a pass straight to the final

>:(
  • Options
    benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hazel BB15 i expected her to go in both evictions instead of Wolfy & Callum :o
  • Options
    od hominemod hominem Posts: 8,593
    Forum Member
    Conor .. walked away with £50K
    Unlike Luke S :p

Worst thing that's ever happened on BB. He should've been thrown out the back door. Justice would've been seen to have been done.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason (BB5) - I'm still stunned that he made it to the final.