I'm Gonna Miss David

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
Forum Member
✭✭
He was a really fun guy :( I do prefer Max as an artist and a contestant on the show but David was really lovely. He made me laugh in this video http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/video/v1645466720001/dannys-team-on-the-voice-and-simon-cowell.html
Team Danny seem like a group that really got on so well together (well, Max, Bo and David at least, Aleks looked a little moody) I wish we could've got to see a little more of them around each other so we got to know them a little better.

I watched Max's ustream (wanted to see Davids but couldn't) and he does seem really grateful to everyone and a genuinely nice guy. And every other video and his twitter leads me to believe David has an awesome sense of humour and someone I'd love to have as a mate. I hope he continues to be himself and hopefully we'll see a bit more of him in the future. :)

Comments

• Death MagnetDeath Magnet Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    It seems a lot of Facebook members agree, I thought I was in the minority as a David fan, but on there, people seemed to love him.

I'd have rather he made the semi finals than Max.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it's a shame he's gone I loved his voice.
  • GravitationalGravitational Posts: 1,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked David. I thought that he was going to be the underdog of the competition.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he was a gentleman tonight. Graceful in defeat, supportive of Alecks and thankful for the opportunities.
  • CassieCassie Posts: 1,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have preferred David to Bo. I thought both he and Max were good.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    He seemed like a genuine, decent guy. I liked him. :)
  • stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »
    I thought he was a gentleman tonight. Graceful in defeat, supportive of Alecks and thankful for the opportunities.

Yes, he came across as such a nice guy... seemed really grateful for the experiences. I hope he goes on to good things.
  • TutorGirl89TutorGirl89 Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    I would have preferred to see David and Max as Danny's top 2. Hopefully David gets something out of it and we get to hear some of his music soon
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to miss David too.

I would also truthfully prefer David and Max to go through to next Saturday but hey ho.

Anyway, I hope David goes onto good things :)
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was convinced David would top the votes and then Bo would be taken through with him :(

I'll miss him too.

Just to make myself feel better I have decided he got the 2nd most votes just behind Bo and Danny just wanted Bo as his clear finalist ;)
  • shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I guessed all the other contestants that went through from the 3 other teams correctly..David in my mind was a dead cert to go through in Dannys along with Bo..I was surprised by the result.One of my favourite voices in the competition and seemed a nice humble guy too...the only shock from the last 2 weeks decisions...
  • Beau_SoirBeau_Soir Posts: 1,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He did seem like a nice chap, but ultimately he's totally forgettable. Danny knew that and so didn't bother taking him any further. He's firmly in the Matt Cardle category, i.e. he should stay as a pub/club singer.
  • SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erm, Matt Cardle, anyone?

He won the Z Factor, dropped by his label after producing a shambolic debut album of rubbish (like virtually all the winner and runner-ups did by Syco) which flopped into oblivion in the charts, and now he's trying to apply for a concert venue and was 'rejected' as well.

There are many here calling David Julien Matt Cardle Mark II. I think he sings better than Cardle myself, but nice doesn't cut the mustard in a talent competition any more.

Leon Jackson was a nice and decent chap. And where's he now?
  • PigsMightFlyPigsMightFly Posts: 15,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems a lot of Facebook members agree, I thought I was in the minority as a David fan, but on there, people seemed to love him.

I'd have rather he made the semi finals than Max.

Me too, in fact I was shocked Danny didn't pick him - in terms of it being about "The Voice" I think he has the much stronger voice. Also with Max being in the bottom two last week I was surprised by Danny's choice but I guess it shows that he went with his heart of whom he wanted rather than being competitive about it.
  • TomStarTomStar Posts: 2,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he had a good voice but would be much better suited if was the lead singer in a band....
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoever it was that chose to pitch his song at exactly the wrong place in his voice really wanted him out. It was too high, exactly at the break in his voice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which one was David?
  • Noisy OysterNoisy Oyster Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan29 wrote: »
    Whoever it was that chose to pitch his song at exactly the wrong place in his voice really wanted him out. It was too high, exactly at the break in his voice.

Is it just me or does anyone else think they seem to have a thing about getting all the male singers to sing songs that are just a little bit too high for them?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me or does anyone else think they seem to have a thing about getting all the male singers to sing songs that are just a little bit too high for them?

It's only David that has sung a bit too high for him. Perhaps Danny/the production team were trying to differentiate David from Max as they both suit the same song ranges and song style?

Given that Max also has the capability to perform and entertain on a stage too, I can't help but think that Danny made the best choice as to who to put through to the next stage IMHO. :)
  • daniellejaynedaniellejayne Posts: 2,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David chose the song, he said on his ustream that he pushed to sing it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always did like David's voice, in general I think Danny had the best all round team, but the problem is that he just hasnt shone during performances. Given the choice between David and Max I would have chosen Max myself. He performs.
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to miss him. He seemed a lovely guy.

After his battle round performance I actually thought that he would be the underdog and come from nowhere to win.
  • Noisy OysterNoisy Oyster Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buttons88 wrote: »
    It's only David that has sung a bit too high for him. Perhaps Danny/the production team were trying to differentiate David from Max as they both suit the same song ranges and song style?

Given that Max also has the capability to perform and entertain on a stage too, I can't help but think that Danny made the best choice as to who to put through to the next stage IMHO. :)

Well for a start Danny was struggling in his group song. There has also been a lot of falsetto singing throughout the competition to varying effect and I thought Jaz was asked to perform way above his natural voice in his duet with Tyler.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well for a start Danny was struggling in his group song. There has also been a lot of falsetto singing throughout the competition to varying effect and I thought Jaz was asked to perform way above his natural voice in his duet with Tyler.

I don't think anyone can dispute that Tyler is the falsetto king in this show and Vince has a reasonable falsetto range too ;)

As for Jaz, I'm sorry to say that I didn't take too much notice of him in their duet (apologies Jaz fans!) :o
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me, too. Apparently we were in minority :( I actually liked him the most.