Morrissey gay?

Comments

• Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan29 wrote: »
    Gay?
    I'd be amazed if that talentless, self-important c*nt managed to get any action at all with another human being.

Hmmm rather rude some of his songs contain more then an element of truth in them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^ This
    ...BUT How soon is now is my all time fave song

Mine too, reminds me of good times when I was young. :)
  • mackaramackara Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm rather rude some of his songs contain more then an element of truth in them.

Did he really hang the DJ?:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mackara wrote: »
    Did he really hang the DJ?:eek:

No but in the case of Noel Edmonds i would have let him off if he had.:D:D
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    Couldn't care less about his sexuality - gay, straight, bi - he's a kn*b of the first order.

Pretty much. I also think he's intentionally ambiguous about his sexuality.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Jenbonjovi wrote: »
    Mine too, reminds me of good times when I was young. :)

Ditto 1986.. good year
  • gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    as with all attention seekers best to ignore them

they will disappear up theyre own a$$holes
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Can't get past the toneless, poorly pitched, slack-rhythmed delivery, the lack of harmonic structure, and general lack of harmonic and tonal direction in their structures.
    When the music is technically so poor and incompetent, why would I think the words are worth listening to?
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't get past the toneless, poorly pitched, slack-rhythmed delivery, the lack of harmonic structure, and general lack of harmonic and tonal direction in their structures.
    When the music is technically so poor and incompetent, why would I think the words are worth listening to?

Very well put. :)

I always thought him a Johnny One-Note singer.
    Dreary,dreary and more dreary.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If i were you i would listen to "the teachers are afraid of the pupils" after attacks on teachers i would politely suggest the lyrics have a point.

And "Dagenham Dave" resonates with me.

Its your opinion the "technicality" is so poor in my opinion its not the case.:)
  • smilliekyliesmilliekylie Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats all that business with Billy McKenzie, the now deceased singer of The Associates and The Smiths song, William it was really nothing.
    Just good friends ?

Don't forget Billy's song in reply 'Stephen it was really something' :D
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If i were you i would listen to "the teachers are afraid of the pupils" after attacks on teachers i would politely suggest the lyrics have a point.

Its your opinion the "technicality" is so poor in my opinion its not the case.:)

Isn't technique an absolute? Like maths? In tune right, out of tune wrong. On the beat, good, slopping all around the beat, bad. That is how singers are taught. If he can't be bothered with that, then maybe he should just print the words and let them stand on their own feet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    Pretty much. I also think he's intentionally ambiguous about his sexuality.

He thinks he's being ambiguous. Not as esoteric as he believes. Asexual my arse.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Perhaps he should have been a poet. You can make a good point in a crap song.

Unfortunately for Morrisey, nowadays all he does is make crap points in order to gain some publicity. Any credibility he had, he's either long lost, or only ever managed to fool us all into thinking he had in the first place. The guy's a self-obsessed knob.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget Billy's song in reply 'Stephen it was really something' :D

Did he reply with Suedehead? "You had to sneak into my room, just to read my diary.......I am so sickened now. It was a good lay, good lay..." Or was that a vent on someone else?

Now we have mobile phones he can just send a text.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Suedehead vid features James Dean quite a bit.
    Billy stole a James Dean book from Morrissey, which vexed him quite a bit. So maybe I was right.?
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he seems the kinda guy who wouldn't get that close to anyone to have a full on relationship with them
    when he was on Jonathon Ross show he explained he has about 2 or 3 really close friends and that is IT..doesn't like too many people close to him
    I always thought he was out - didn't actually realise it wasn't common knowledge?
  • Apollo CreedApollo Creed Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At some point or other in their lives people realise that The Smiths are the greatest band ever. Some fight against it but deep down we all know it's true.

Love how Johnny Marr is being called technically poor. That's a new low in the self delusion stakes. Just give into them. What's the problem?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't technique an absolute? Like maths? In tune right, out of tune wrong. On the beat, good, slopping all around the beat, bad. That is how singers are taught. If he can't be bothered with that, then maybe he should just print the words and let them stand on their own feet.

Jagger, Lydon, Waits, Young, Iggy, Dylan, Stummer, Reed,.........

All these could be accused of singing 'out of tune' and all have produced timeless music that touches people in a way no language can describe. Let's not simplify the beauty of music and for God's sake let's not get every singer to sound the same. If you like singers who can hold a tune but have a voice that lacks character there's this great show called The X Factor
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    he's never said that he was gay but I've always considered his musical output as being quite explicit about homosexuality but I guess it's open to interpretation.

I do believe that there was plenty of speculation about being romantically linked to a boxer (can't remember his name) around the early 90's but it remains a rumour as neither have confirmed it.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At some point or other in their lives people realise that The Smiths are the greatest band ever. Some fight against it but deep down we all know it's true.

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D:D

:cool:
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member

Thank the Lord!!! Someone with an ear for music, something that Morrissey lacks and how The Smiths could ever be popular is beyond my utter comprehension. I've never heard such droning pap in all of my life, how the offerings were ever sold as music is surely a case for Trading Standards because music is never was.

Dreadful, droning, dire and who cares what team Morrissey bats for, if his sexual prowess is anything like his attempts at singing then it will be nul points.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boy George has alluded to him being gay many a time and George is always right about who he's outed.

I don't like Morrissey myself. Despite his vegetarianism and tree-hugging (two things I do agree with), he's a misery guts.
  • SillyBoyBlueSillyBoyBlue Posts: 3,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    Unfortunately for Morrisey, nowadays all he does is make crap points in order to gain some publicity. Any credibility he had, he's either long lost, or only ever managed to fool us all into thinking he had in the first place. The guy's a self-obsessed knob.

I find it strange that when he was making so-called controversial statements during the 80s, 90s & 00s you'd hardly ever hear about him in the mainstream media. I think that now suddenly we're all supposed to be in love with the Royal Family again, and he's so anti-royal, that the mainstream press has decided to 'get' him by reporting any barmy thing he says in an attempt to create hatred for him.

Admittedly some of the things he says are a bit barmy, but it's not like he's running to a press agent saying "circulate this piece of wisdom!". Most of the quotes are taken out of context from interviews with small circulation (the 'homosexuals don't kill each other' line of thought developed from a conversation when he was asked about how he felt as a teenager) and blown out of proportion, as though they were proclamations from on high.

The press aren't interested in Morrissey's music or him as an artist, just in how they can smear him. He is lazily referred to as 'a washed-up 80s reject', yet he is constantly touring the entire world to sell-out concerts, but this is never mentioned. A few weeks ago he was seriously ill with a bleeding ulcer, and has now managed to resume a tour which was postponed, but this didn't make the papers (and if it did it was a small mention).

He has been saying some very dumb things recently, but he's also said some very interesting and perceptive things. Which ones do you think get the headlines?