12346»

Comments

• Options
    bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    Is that all completely true?

If so I can now understand why there is opposition to Obamacare. To be completely honest I'm pretty ignorant on this subject - I don't know about the way it works, I just thought it was supposed to guarantee health-care for those on a low income.

Why is it such a hash up? :confused:

That is not how I understand Obamacare, either.

Health insurance companies will have to cover pre-existing conditions (big change here).

There will be low cost insurance that Fox News is trying to say is worthless to many young people. That is simply not true because all it takes is one auto accident or one serious illness, to cost millions in care, for young people who think they don't need insurance.

Pushing people into Medicaid is still better than no care. At least you can get your heart medication and your Parkinson's medication, your insulin and MRIs.

Yes, one problem, and I had emailed my congresswoman about this, is, employers could stop hiring or more likely, hire part time and hourly workers, to avoid providing health care. Health care costs to employers are considerable. That is hard on small employers, true.

Yet at the same time, people need essential health care. The way I see it, if the Republicans cannot come up with a better plan, that they had years to do, they can accept the plan that is on the table, and stop whining.
  • Options
    bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now of course there is a shutdown. I hope the whiners are happy. At least the enrollment websites will be up and running.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You really need to read that part of the constitution a few more times. It would also help if you understood the style of writing from the period. :D

Forms? Let me guess, you just looked that up? :D

The Constitution makes it clear.

Obama and officials in Hawaii partial to Obama withheld all information regarding his birth in Hawaii for a very long time. Why? Considering the power that a President has and considering the power of the officials in Hawaii to control that information it is then not unreasonable to suspect some kind of coverup.

Believe what you want but such a belief is in denial of those facts.

Firstly there will be amongst the conspiracy theorists always stories of coverups, but sorry you cannot change the newspaper papers of the past they are part of history , ok you could make up a page but other copies exist which show the same information, so they did not create a false birth announcement it was real.

Secondly under the US constitution and law a person born in the USA and Hawaii is the USA or born overseas to US parents is a Natural Citizen and therefore qualifies to run for President. The fact that some people do not believe he is American or that some people think that you have to be born on mainland USA soil is just their opinion and is irrelevant. So I do not need to reread anything maybe you do to understand your own laws.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to bump this thread all the way up, but I just thought as the US is two days away from serious mess, it would be interesting to see if anyone on here is worried about what would happen if the US did not pay its bills. Apparently it will have world wide consequences.
  • Options
    flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where healthcare for the nation is concerned, America must be must be one of most backward of countries, it doesn't give a damn about it's poorest people.:(
  • Options
    epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flowerpowa wrote: »
    Where healthcare for the nation is concerned, America must be must be one of most backward of countries, it doesn't give a damn about it's poorest people.:(

I think you'll find many of us do care. We are the ones in favor of the Affordable Care Act and Medicaid expansion.