Options

Michael Kors watches advice

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
Forum Member
Hi

Tried asking the fashion forum on here but had no replies, Where's the most affordable place to get real Michael Kors watches from please?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure that the words Michael Kors and affordable go together :o. You could try trawling through this lot here https://www.google.co.uk/#q=michael+kors+watch&tbs=vw:g,p_ord:p&tbm=shop but the lowest price is £123 - double :o:o.
  • Options
    gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    If you know the name of the specific style you want if you search for it on something like shopstyle it'll come up with a list of online retailers (all reputable) and you can find who has it for you the cheapest.

Something like this though I think you either are willing to pay or you're not. I paid £180 for a Marc Jacobs watch and considering I've worn it pretty much every day since I bought it I think it's definitely worth it but if you're just doing it for fashion or something I don't see the point.
  • Options
    rache_rache_ Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Amazon sometimes have them at a decent price. I got one from their warehouse deals, but these are usually returns, so you have to check the description carefully. You're still covered by their 30 day returns policy though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I didn't find watch shop too unreasonable when mum and Dad and I were looking for a watch for my birthday...I went with Marc Jacobs though :)
  • Options
    BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kors and virtually all the fashion brands do not make their watches.... they just licence someone else to produce them (often Fossil) and stick a badge on it. They are massively overpriced for what they are (cheap Far Eastern quartz movements and plastic/low quality parts). Better off just buying a pretty watch from Argos and saving ££££s.
  • Options
    NicolaClareNicolaClare Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    I'm in the same position, but with Radley, the cheapest shop I've seen so far is Watch Shop, but I don't know with Michael Kors (I want a handbag!!)

Just looked at one 315 quid!!!!!!! I'll stick to Radley!
  • Options
    Mitu_PappiMitu_Pappi Posts: 1,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why are you set on a fashion brand watch? watch enthusiasts won’t touch a quartz watch from a fashion brand with a barge pole. As mentioned here, the fashion brands don’t make the main part of the watch i.e.: the movement. China makes them in their billions. the fashion brand just makes the casing (again in china) in which the movement is housed. So they have a design team that churns out thousands of design variations to put the same movement in it. Bit like cars.....same engine but the metal box outside it has different colours and shapes.

Good watch brands use automatic movements. they have hundreds of parts and don’t use batteries. again very few manufacturers make these type of movements. Mainly in Switzerland, China and Japan.

For sheer bang for buck go for a automatic watch. recommend a seiko or citizen automatic for about 150-200 sty
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi

Tried asking the fashion forum on here but had no replies, Where's the most affordable place to get real Michael Kors watches from please?

Thanks

The Watch Shop in Reading.

http://www.watchshop.com/Michael-Kors-Watches.html?st=kors
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Mitu_Pappi wrote: »
    why are you set on a fashion brand watch? watch enthusiasts won’t touch a quartz watch from a fashion brand with a barge pole. As mentioned here, the fashion brands don’t make the main part of the watch i.e.: the movement. China makes them in their billions. the fashion brand just makes the casing (again in china) in which the movement is housed. So they have a design team that churns out thousands of design variations to put the same movement in it. Bit like cars.....same engine but the metal box outside it has different colours and shapes.

Good watch brands use automatic movements. they have hundreds of parts and don’t use batteries. again very few manufacturers make these type of movements. Mainly in Switzerland, China and Japan.

For sheer bang for buck go for a automatic watch. recommend a seiko or citizen automatic for about 150-200 sty

Just to clarify some watch models from Named brands are automatic not all. And being automatic is no real sign of quality. You can buy a citizen automatic for around £70 or a Breitling for over £3000. My current watch is a quartz Brietling, I personally don't like automatics, you need to either wear it every day or so or when not in use, use a winding box.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i only popped in to see why he was watching. :blush::blush::blush::blush:
  • Options
    OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most people buy a watch for the look. That's why fashion-brand watches make up most of the market, and for telling the time any quartz watch is more accurate than any luxury watch costing thousands of pounds. People who buy mechanical watches from luxury brands do so for other reasons.
  • Options
    abs2512abs2512 Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got mine on Amazon, but you could sign up to secret sales, they often have MK watches and are much cheaper. Only downside to SS is the delivery time, but its well worth signing up and looking around
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm looking to purchase one for my girlfriend.Thanks for the advice!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can anyone clarify if this watch is rose, gold and white?, With a white strip in the strap please? Really struggling to find the watch she wants!!

http://www.watchshop.com/ladies-michael-kors-parker-ceramic-chronograph-watch-mk5774-p99959529.html
  • Options
    babinabababinaba Posts: 5,447
    Forum Member
    Can anyone clarify if this watch is rose, gold and white?, With a white strip in the strap please? Really struggling to find the watch she wants!!

http://www.watchshop.com/ladies-michael-kors-parker-ceramic-chronograph-watch-mk5774-p99959529.html

Its rose plating and white
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Ovalteenie wrote: »
    Most people buy a watch for the look. That's why fashion-brand watches make up most of the market, and for telling the time any quartz watch is more accurate than any luxury watch costing thousands of pounds. People who buy mechanical watches from luxury brands do so for other reasons.

I must say utter tosh. As I said in a earlier post most expensive watches (Rolex, Brietling, Tag etc) use quartz movements. In each brand there will be a range of automatics. But I would say at least 70% are quartz movements.

And I can assure you my Brietling is far more accurate than a cheap nasty Chinese watch off a market stall, costing £2.00. Both use quartz movements.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    babinaba wrote: »
    Its rose plating and white

So it's not the one I'm looking to get? Does anybody know the one I'm on about? It's a Christmas gift.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So it's not the one I'm looking to get? Does anybody know the one I'm on about? It's a Christmas gift.

I'm sure they're all gold plated? Whether that's rose gold, yellow gold or white gold. There's no way they'll do solid gold watches
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I understand that - I was referring to the colours. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's the only one close to what you want. Why not phone the Watch Shop?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you write 'rose, gold' do you mean rose gold, or rose gold & yellow gold?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually purchased the exact watch from Amazon about a year ago and sent it back straight away. The watch face is huge and on the wrist is out of proportion so beware. In the end I purchased the below watch from Amazon after the refund, which although still large is much smaller than the one you are looking at.

http://www.ernestjones.co.uk/webstore/d/9445897/michael+kors+ladies%27+rose+gold-plated+bracelet+watch/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    orangebird wrote: »
    When you write 'rose, gold' do you mean rose gold, or rose gold & yellow gold?

I have no idea. All I know is the watch consisted of the colours rose, gold and white with a white strip on the wrist strap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Secret Sales Michael Kors sale now on plus loads of other beautiful watches.

www.secretsales.com
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have no idea. All I know is the watch consisted of the colours rose, gold and white with a white strip on the wrist strap.

You generally get 3 different colours of gold - yellow gold,rose gold and white gold (silvery colour). If your girlfriend said rose gold and white then it could be the one you linked to as it is rose gold. The way you're saying it is rose gold, yellow gold and white. Normally when people just say gold it'll generally be yellow gold they mean. It'll be how she said it - did she say 'rose gold and white' (without the comma) or 'rose and gold with white'.

Also, I think there are quite a few MK watches that'll be the same colour combination - why not get her to give you a few options and you can choose from or take her to a jewellers and get her to show you her faves so you've got an idea of the style she wants