Options

Best Duvet (15tog) Feather Down or simple "normal" one

Casper_HendersoCasper_Henderso Posts: 12
Forum Member
I was planning on buying a new duvet over the next couple of weeks for winter (I am hoping I can get it a bit cheaper if I buy now;-) and I am buying a 15tog rating (heavy) I have used an hollowfibre duvet but I was wondering if the goose feather duvets were better, so can anyone tell me if the goose feather duvets are better than the hollowfibre ones, thanks a lot in advance

Comments

• Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goose feather duvets are amazing, but if you buy cheap ones be prepared to do a lot of shaking! They tend to 'settle'. the more expensive ones have a kind of quilted effect which prevents the feathers from moving around and 'settling'.
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got a 13.5 tog feather and down double quilt from John Lewis, price £80. Then I saw one the same in Dunelm Mill for £50. Choose one with the pocket stitching so that the feather filling is evenly distributed as postit says, and giving them a really good shake when making your bed ' flumps ' them up and makes them lovely. If you can afford the extra cost, then go for the feather type rather than cheaper hollow fibrefill.
  • Options
    Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We bought a normal Silent Night duvet last winter, i forget how much but it was worth every penny, it's so warm during winter :)
  • Options
    maxsimaxsi Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like the ones in holiday inns and maybe travel lodge are similar? Does anyone know what they are? They look really cheap but are effective.
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was planning on buying a new duvet over the next couple of weeks for winter (I am hoping I can get it a bit cheaper if I buy now;-) and I am buying a 15tog rating (heavy) I have used an hollowfibre duvet but I was wondering if the goose feather duvets were better, so can anyone tell me if the goose feather duvets are better than the hollowfibre ones, thanks a lot in advance

Goose every time, they are so cosy.dont buy a cheap one.