Are the Mitchells that dumb

omar.omar. Posts: 508
Forum Member
✭✭
Can't they figure out why Phil's on the bottle again pressing the self destruct button.

Obviously because he doesn't want Ben to give his liver and risk his own life in the process. So to stop that he's taken that destructive self harm route to end his life before his son endangers himself for his sake.

Simple logic and they're all red about it.

Comments

• valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    They are dumb because they jumped to the wrong conclusion...he hasn't been drinking.
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,956
    Forum Member
    Yes it is obvious Phil isn't drinking i think he is suffering from 'wet brain' syndrome which is a common problem that Alcoholics have at the end stages of alcoholism.
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    Yeh it's obvious he hasn't been drinking it will turn out to be some infection or something, then they will all apologise.

Not a fan of storylines getting rushed but this one is almost at the year point it's time to wrap it up now.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,173
    Forum Member
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    Yes it is obvious Phil isn't drinking i think he is suffering from 'wet brain' syndrome which is a common problem that Alcoholics have at the end stages of alcoholism.

You would have thought his Doctors would have warned him about this though,
  • andytaylor47andytaylor47 Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They probably have, but Phil didn't tell anyone from dramatic license. ;)

My first thought was that he wasn't drinking, and this was a late stage problem, especially since things seem to be moving forward with Ben's potential donation.

I think it's a real shame that Phil won't die from this. Dramatically it would make the most sense, and it would show the destructiveness of his drinking over the years.

Knowing Phil he will be delivering his own baby when Denise is due next year.
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Phil could and should die from it. It's clear he isn't drinking and is at end stage liver failure. Come on EastEnders - be brave and kill him off from it. It happens all the time in real life.

To have him recover now would be just ridiculous.
  • Aaron_SilverAaron_Silver Posts: 32,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Philth is effervescent and when he gets too the hospital his liver will make a special appearance singing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBR2G-iI3-I

He will then make his way back to the square as if nothing has ever happened and being much tougher than men half his age. TPTB will never learn. :(>:(:kitty:
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They probably have, but Phil didn't tell anyone from dramatic license. ;)

My first thought was that he wasn't drinking, and this was a late stage problem, especially since things seem to be moving forward with Ben's potential donation.

I think it's a real shame that Phil won't die from this. Dramatically it would make the most sense, and it would show the destructiveness of his drinking over the years.

Knowing Phil he will be delivering his own baby when Denise is due next year.

Good posting. The problem is that we have not heard about the actor leaving :(:(
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,240
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    You would have thought his Doctors would have warned him about this though,

They possibly have but either he didn't take it in or he just can't communicate what is happening to those around him.

It seemed quite obvious to me that he wasn't drinking again, that it would be more sympton kicking in as his condition worsens.

His family do seem very unaware that other things (even something as simple as UTI) could present symptons like confusion, speech slurring, shivers, sweats which could mimic somebody being drunk / hungover.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,240
    Forum Member
    I don't think they will kill Phil off - Ben will donate or he will be in such a bad way once he finally makes the list, he'll shot to the top of it b(it isn't sorted on a first come/first served basis, he could potentially be higher up the need list than somebody that has been on for months or even years) and be 'lucky' enough for a match to come via a cadaver donor when he is at deaths door - most likely at Xmas.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if they have managed to keep McFadden leaving quiet though so he does die and it is a shock - even though we were told it could/would happen last Xmas.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Philth is effervescent and when he gets too the hospital his liver will make a special appearance singing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBR2G-iI3-I

He will then make his way back to the square as if nothing has ever happened and being much tougher than men half his age. TPTB will never learn. :(>:(:kitty:

Its 2029.

Antonio Calderone - the most feared Cosa Nostra assassin in Sicily (with over 300 hits to his name) moves into the square as part of a plan to take over from the Eastern Block Mafia in London.

Huge, fast and intimidating with a thousand yard stare he inspires utter terror in all who come across him in Walford - even though they have no idea what he does for a living.

They instinctively sense his psychopathy in their bones and it freezes the blood.

The Philth soon returns from panto break in his mobility scooter and with one glance at Weeble the poor man-mountain killer immediately collapses in a tearful heap of fear and cowardice.

End of storyline.
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Mitchells are mostly deeply stupid. Except for Louise, she's quality.
  • Skittle BombSkittle Bomb Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its just very poor writing. Angie died from what Phil has and Sharon nursed her through the final few months of her life. So she has seen all this before, the writing isn't very good for her.
  • misty cloudmisty cloud Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its just very poor writing. Angie died from what Phil has and Sharon nursed her through the final few months of her life. So she has seen all this before, the writing isn't very good for her.

I can't remember what was said about Angie's death, if Sharon nursed her then why on earth have we not had her explaining the disease to the family. You are right it's poor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    The Mitchells are mostly deeply stupid. Except for Ben, he's quality.

No complaint from me my friend ;-)
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    I can't remember what was said about Angie's death, if Sharon nursed her then why on earth have we not had her explaining the disease to the family. You are right it's poor.

The writing has been really bad for her, it's sloppy and lazy. I hope they actually kill Phil off but I know they won't, he is beyond help and should not get a liver transplant but this is Eastenders.
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No complaint from me my charming, endearing, attractive, modest friend ;-)

Hi Aar,

Please don't misquote me.

Thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    Hi Aar,

Please don't misquote me.

Thanks.

:D:D You love me really ;-)