Options

Another Emmerdale departure

Comments

• Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree if its Cain it would be a show killer moment. Emma is the logical choice but you know it won't go down like that. I bet they either make it be Pete or Finn, both have become expendable.

I don't tthink it would kill the show but it would certainly do a lot of damage to the character for Cain to intentionally murder someone.
  • Options
    Mark_Washingto1Mark_Washingto1 Posts: 19,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't tthink it would kill the show but it would certainly do a lot of damage to the character for Cain to intentionally murder someone.

It wouldn't kill the show right off the bat but I think it'd be one of those jumped the shark moments that would lead to the show's eventual downfall.
  • Options
    al_capoal_capo Posts: 3,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree if its Cain it would be a show killer moment. Emma is the logical choice but you know it won't go down like that. I bet they either make it be Pete or Finn, both have become expendable.

Think youre being a tad over dramatic, the show could survive without Cain, he has always toed the line for years so eventually he may turn into a murderer. It may even be accidental.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    al_capo wrote: »
    Think youre being a tad over dramatic, the show could survive without Cain, he has always toed the line for years so eventually he may turn into a murderer. It may even be accidental.

The show could survive without him but turning him into a cold blooded killer is another thing. People would definitely tune out if that happens.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show could survive without him but turning him into a cold blooded killer is another thing. People would definitely tune out if that happens.

He's lucky he isnt a murderer already :D

Same with Ross and Robert, its only by pure luck that their not cold blooded killers yet.
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He already is a cold blooded killer.

RIP Sadie'sDog. :cry:
    RIP SharmaCat. :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's lucky he isnt a murderer already :D

Same with Ross and Robert, its only by pure luck that their cold blooded killers yet.

True but I think if he kills James it would be a step too far....honestly the only one that makes sense as James' killer is Emma.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, up till now his killings have been unintentional - it would do a lot of damage to the character to intentionally murder someone, unless there was one heck of a good reason ( and 'crime passionel' doesn't cut it I' m afraid).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True but I think if he kills James it would be a step too far....honestly the only one that makes sense as James' killer is Emma.

I have a feeling Emma will kill him and then set Ross up so she can look after Moses.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling Emma will kill him and then set Ross up so she can look after Moses.

Or it could be Ross who has shown that he has no problem intentionally killing people and has a long standing grudge against his Dad.

Emma idolises her boys. I doubt she's d set one up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I doubt she'd set up Ross, he seems to be her favorite. Maybe she would set Debbie (if she's back by then) or Charity up to take the fall.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt she'd set up Ross, he seems to be her favorite. Maybe she would set Debbie (if she's back by then) or Charity up to take the fall.

I read ages ago in some magazine that Ross and Emma will eventually turn on each other when she starts to grow even closer to Moses. This would fit in well with the James storyline.
  • Options
    Storm_ShakerStorm_Shaker Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    Yes so happy with this news.
    Now for these other characters to go... pretty please

H̶o̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶B̶a̶r̶t̶o̶n̶
    J̶a̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶B̶a̶r̶t̶o̶n̶
    ̶J̶o̶a̶n̶i̶e̶ ̶W̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶
    Jai Sharma
    Paddy Kirk
    Ross Barton
    Rakesh Kotecha
    Chrissie White
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or it could be Ross...

That would be a huge mistake, however I think Michael Parr would play it well. If that's the rote they want to go down then good luck to them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

H̶o̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶B̶a̶r̶t̶o̶n̶
    J̶a̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶B̶a̶r̶t̶o̶n̶
    Jai Sharma
    Paddy Kirk
    Ross Barton
    Rakesh Kotecha
    Chrissie White

Ross can't die, sorry ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read ages ago in some magazine that Ross and Emma will eventually turn on each other when she starts to grow even closer to Moses. This would fit in well with the James storyline.

That makes no sense to me. Ross has no interest in taking care of Moses, IMHO he'd be more than happy to give full parental duties over to Emma. I also can't see her turning on Ross just for the fact that she still feels guilty over trying to kill him. I mean she even took Ross' side in the whole Debbie/Ross/Pete stuff when Ross was clearly the one in the wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

H̶o̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶B̶a̶r̶t̶o̶n̶
    J̶a̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶B̶a̶r̶t̶o̶n̶
    Jai Sharma
    Paddy Kirk
    Ross Barton
    Rakesh Kotecha
    Chrissie White

You need to take Ross and Paddy off your list and replace them with Marlon and Brenda:D

Also has Joanie been confirmed yet?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That makes no sense to me. Ross has no interest in taking care of Moses, IMHO he'd be more than happy to give full parental duties over to Emma. I also can't see her turning on Ross just for the fact that she still feels guilty over trying to kill him. I mean she even took Ross' side in the whole Debbie/Ross/Pete stuff when Ross was clearly the one in the wrong.

I do think Ross loves him but he would rather just be there for the good stuff, not changing nappies etc...

However, Emma is clearly unhinged so if her relationship with Moses become obsessive then Ross would clearly be worried given what Emma did to him as a child.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do think Ross loves him but he would rather just be there for the good stuff, not changing nappies etc...

However, Emma is clearly unhinged so if her relationship with Moses become obsessive then Ross would clearly be worried given what Emma did to him as a child.

But she has been fine with Moses for like a year now, it would make little sense for her to start acting crazy around the baby now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You need to take Ross and Paddy off your list and replace them with Marlon and Brenda:D

Also has Joanie been confirmed yet?

Yeah I wouldn't mind Brenda going tbh, she's so pointless, and no I don't think Joanie has been confirmed yet but it's looking highly likely
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I wouldn't mind Brenda going tbh, she's so pointless, and no I don't think Joanie has been confirmed yet but it's looking highly likely

I wouldn't get rid of Ross, with a good story line in place he can be great.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Cain and Moira reunite
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't get rid of Ross, with a good story line in place he can be great.

Personally I think Kate Oates did the character way too much damage last year by shoving him down our throats in every storyline, after that I just can't invest or feel anything for his character
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I think Kate Oates did the character way too much damage last year by shoving him down our throats in every storyline, after that I just can't invest or feel anything for his character

He has been in the background for months now though, characters recover from bad spells all of the time. If they keep him away from Debbie and look into developing his relationship with Pete then he will be alright.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He intentionally murdered pet animals, so moving on to humans would not be a real surprise.

Although Emma will probably do the deed, before she also leaves.