DVD Player/Recorder died, where do i stand ...

ok my two week old Alba dvd recorder from Argos has died on me. It wont turn on. Ive replaced the fuse, still doesnt work. I cannot replace the power cable as it is attatched to the actuall recorder.

I do have the receipt and cables that it came with, however no box. Will Argos replace it without the box as a lot of companies are awkward about returns etc.

Also i have a DVD disk stuck in it too. I dont want to try and get it out incase i break it. Will Argos open it for me and get the disk back?

Any advice would be great!

Comments

• mongositomongosito Posts: 2,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you have the receipt Argos will give you a refund.They will probably give you a new blank too as its unlikely the shop staff would be allowed,or even know how to get inside the machine.
    Forget the DVD+ disc stuck in it,save up a bit and go and buy a quality machine from Panasonic or Pioneer instead of this el cheapo crap.
    You've had a lucky escape.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As the unit is faulty the lack of a box makes no difference. It may be up to you to argue the fact you want a refund/ exchange as they may try and say that it needs to be returned to the manufacturer or someone like mastercare to be looked at/ repaired. However given you have the receipt still and it is less than a month old you have a good case to argue for a straight refund/ exchange (but they may still want it to be looked at first to rule out user damage as the cause of the problem - I am sure you know you didnt put a jam sandwich instead of a DVD-r in the tray but Argos may want to check)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Astaroth wrote:
    I am sure you know you didnt put a jam sandwich instead of a DVD-r in the tray but Argos may want to check)
    But I thought the purpose of these multi-format recorders was they can read absolutely anything?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure it can read it... it just jams up the tray afterwards (sorry)